2023 Northern Buckeye Conference

Who wins the 2023 Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Eastwood

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Fostoria

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Genoa

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Lake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maumee

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Oak Harbor

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Otsego

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Rossford

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O line is doing a great job pulling guys like 55 and 52 have been the staple of the year. Let's just focus on some good games tonight no need to start some controversy. I can tell some kids are on this forum!!!
No hate on the o- line at all, I have seen film of those two guys, and man they can play! 55 and 52 are solid, making plays when they need to be made, big momentum shifts. All respect brother

A touchdown in garbage time is the “big difference” between the Springfield and Fostoria games. Bryan vs Eastwood is a good conversation to have. Bryan is the same if not better than Wauseon, the same Wauseon that beat Eastwood. And yes 4th in the league! Behind Genoa, Eastwood, and Oak Harbor. Rossford is absolutely terrible, Fostoria is slightly better, Lake will be a good test but they should win that, and Otsego is overrated. Congratulations, you won a league title during Covid and have Greg Dempsey’s bitch as a head coach.
I can see Maumee anywhere between 4th to 6th. I am surprised by how bad Rossford is this year. I think that Otsego, Maumee, Lake, Fostoria group is a tighter group than I initially thought.

But....

1)It seems Wauseon actually plays defense, is 4-1, and beat Eastwood in a tight game, which from my understanding, Eastwood struggled with offensive mistakes. I'm not sure why you're even discussing it though, Eastwood handled Maumee.
2)2020: Didn't that team go to the final 4? They must have been pretty decent despite COVID. The fact that they were able to achieve that during such a messed up year might actually speak more of their ability to deal with adversity rather than be viewed as a detriment.
3) Otsego also went 10-0 in the regular season the following year. I forget how far they went, but it wasn't the final 4 this time.
4) Why is there so much Lindke hate on yappi these days?

3) Otsego also went 10-0 in the regular season the following year. I forget how far they went, but it wasn't the final 4 this time.
4) Why is there so much Lindke hate on yappi these days?
11-1 in 2021, lost by two to O-G. I have no clue what Lindke has done to receive as much vitriol as he's garnered. They aren't gonna respawn with the talent they had with Dzierwa at QB, it's gonna be a process.

As far as "how he carries himself on social media," I've seen a lot more egregious offenders...

Week 6 is over.

A little shocked by the points Maumee put up but the rest went as expected.

Genoa at Otsego 48-19
Rossford at Eastwood 10-42
Lake at Maumee 21-56
Fostoria at OH 0-56

Last edited:
Genoa was also in a 99 point game against Otsego that year.

They put up 82 against Port Clinton for a 82-14 final. Genoa still had their starters in up sixty in the fourth quarter of a week two game. It is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever witnessed.

and I don’t mean ridiculous in a good way.

Last edited:
They put up 82 against Port Clinton for a 82-14 final. Genoa still had their starters in up sixty in the fourth quarter of a week two game. It is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever witnessed.
Why? Was there bad blood there or something? Just feels like it wouldn’t be worth the risk

My thoughts on week 6

Eastwood 42 Rossford 10 - Eastwood ran away with this one after a slow start. After a saftey and a botched snap returned for a TD, it was 10-7 Rossford with 8 minutes left. Rossford looked not half bad in the first half before allowing 35 unanswered points. Eastwood needs to be able to dominate all 4 quarters against such an inferior team. They have Fostoria next week before a stretch of Otsego, Oak Harbor and Genoa. Rossford from this point on need to try and recreate the first 16 minutes of that game in order to have any success moving forward.

Oak Harbor 56 Fostoria 0 - After leading 21-0 at half, the Rockets didn’t take their foot off the gas, scoring 35 in the 2nd half. The Oak Harbor JV took over around the end of the 3rd and never let off the gas. The only team to beat Oak Harbor at any level of football this year was the Maumee freshman team (I could be wrong, just based off what I could find)

Maumee 56 Lake 21 - While everyone here expected the game to be over 70 total points, I don’t think anyone expected a Maumee running clock. Cody Wulf shot himself into Player of the Year status after rushing for 280 yards with 4 scores and a strip sack. Maumee looks dangerous when they can put it together, only struggling in the passing defense game. Lake has a chance to lick their wounds and return to salvage the season, having a 3 game slate of Otsego, Rossford, and Fostoria, all opponents they can have a chance at beating.

Genoa 48 Otsego 19 - Genoa’s varsity dominated, going up 48-6 with 4 minutes left in the third before Otsego came back to at least end the running clock. Genoa enters the toughest part of their schedule looking better than ever, and Otsego continues to struggle going into the toughest part of their schedule. If Lake wasn’t allowing 40 PPG, I would think they had a good chance of upsetting Otsego.

Maumee fans after trashing Lake.

mcgregor-cocky.gif

Jamo does a great job.

He does a great job of ensuring there is a video feed. The commentary, especially when coming from him, is borderline terrible. His tangents about his golf game and high school basketball glory days get pretty old quick. He has tried to get some more "professional" play by play guys in there which has helped.

He does a great job of ensuring there is a video feed. The commentary, especially when coming from him, is borderline terrible. His tangents about his golf game and high school basketball glory days get pretty old quick. He has tried to get some more "professional" play by play guys in there which has helped.
Agree to disagree. Perhaps because I know him? Jamo is a good human being and genuinely cares IMO. He is not doing this to get rich and I think he does a great job.

Agree to disagree. Perhaps because I know him? Jamo is a good human being and genuinely cares IMO. He is not doing this to get rich and I think he does a great job.

Agree. His heart is in the right place. He just needs to “produce” and let others talk. It would be a much better experience. Just my two cents.

It is free, so I understand some of complaints and expectations should be tempered.

Nice work.

The 2013 Genoa scores still shock me every time I see them.
Bryan/Genoa is one of the best 1st round games I've ever seen. Both teams could've won a state title in my opinion. 2013 Genoa was great, but didn't have the defense that 2008 & 2009 had. I believe those years they were running out of bounds and kicking FG's to keep the scores down, they did against Gibsonburg :ROFLMAO:

Bryan/Genoa is one of the best 1st round games I've ever seen. Both teams could've won a state title in my opinion. 2013 Genoa was great, but didn't have the defense that 2008 & 2009 had. I believe those years they were running out of bounds and kicking FG's to keep the scores down, they did against Gibsonburg :ROFLMAO:
They averaged 60 points a game??? They put up 88 on Woodmore???

Were they running the freshman on the field after the 60 point mark for some of these lol??

They averaged 60 points a game??? They put up 88 on Woodmore???

Were they running the freshman on the field after the 60 point mark for some of these lol??
I don’t remember playing time stats. I do remember a lot of people attributing the 2009 loss to Orville on the JV’s getting too much playing title due to 10 games of blowouts. So the thought was you can’t ever have your Varsity playing that little again, because they won’t be conditioned for a tough four quarter game.

Eastwood ‘17 was great as well, but just didn’t have the offensive firepower of some other past teams. Best SLL/NBC teams of the last 25 years is Genoa ‘09, Eastwood ‘17 and Genoa ‘13 in my opinion. My favorite is ‘00 Gibsonburg but I’m a little biased

I don’t remember playing time stats. I do remember a lot of people attributing the 2009 loss to Orville on the JV’s getting too much playing title due to 10 games of blowouts. So the thought was you can’t ever have your Varsity playing that little again, because they won’t be conditioned for a tough four quarter game.

Eastwood ‘17 was great as well, but just didn’t have the offensive firepower of some other past teams. Best SLL/NBC teams of the last 25 years is Genoa ‘09, Eastwood ‘17 and Genoa ‘13 in my opinion. My favorite is ‘00 Gibsonburg but I’m a little biased

2008 Genoa was really good. Took Alter to the wire in the final four, and Alter ended up winning the state championship the next week.

2009 Genoa was very solid too. Just played absolutely awful for about 10 minutes against Orrville and that cost them that game.

2013 Genoa was loaded as well just had a brutal first round matchup and had to play one of the best offenses and quarterbacks in the first round that year. Schimmoeler from Bryan that year was outstanding. Reminded me of Craft and Hoying (Coldwater). Just phenomenal.

Orrville came out and punched Genoa straight in the face. Before Genoa knew what was going on they were down multiple scores. That’s a direct result of playing no one in their non conference schedule. Genoa was content to kick the crap out of Port Clinton instead of getting someone to prepare them for the playoffs.

My Week 7 Thoughts

Eastwood @ Fostoria - After a slow start last week against Rossford, Fostoria will look to take advantage of those miscues and hope to make some Friday night magic happen. However, the Eagles know how to crush a team’s hopes when they start to believe they have a chance. This game can go 1 of 2 ways: Eastwood has 0 miscues and puts this game away early. Or, Fostoria can find a way to stay in it for longer than expect. I believe in the red men to have a strong showing up until the 2nd half when the Eagles take over

Eastwood 42-19

Maumee @ Genoa - Genoa has been on a rampage through league play thus far, and this week they host the Panthers of Maumee. Maumee’s offense went off with a 56 point beating of Lake, but this week run into the brick wall known as Genoa. Maumee has gotten better since their sophomore QB stepped in, but expect this one to be closer than expected.

Genoa 35-21

Rossford @ Lake - Both teams are coming off a bad loss and are having down right god awful seasons. Both teams are fighting for their second win of the season. Rossford and Lake both have terrible defenses but have a solid offense. I expect an all out slug fest with the Flyers coming out on top.

Lake 42-33

Otsego @ Oak Harbor -

this won’t be close.

Oak Harbor 56-12

My Week 7 Thoughts

Eastwood @ Fostoria - After a slow start last week against Rossford, Fostoria will look to take advantage of those miscues and hope to make some Friday night magic happen. However, the Eagles know how to crush a team’s hopes when they start to believe they have a chance. This game can go 1 of 2 ways: Eastwood has 0 miscues and puts this game away early. Or, Fostoria can find a way to stay in it for longer than expect. I believe in the red men to have a strong showing up until the 2nd half when the Eagles take over

Eastwood 42-19

Maumee @ Genoa - Genoa has been on a rampage through league play thus far, and this week they host the Panthers of Maumee. Maumee’s offense went off with a 56 point beating of Lake, but this week run into the brick wall known as Genoa. Maumee has gotten better since their sophomore QB stepped in, but expect this one to be closer than expected.

Genoa 35-21

Rossford @ Lake - Both teams are coming off a bad loss and are having down right god awful seasons. Both teams are fighting for their second win of the season. Rossford and Lake both have terrible defenses but have a solid offense. I expect an all out slug fest with the Flyers coming out on top.

Lake 42-33

Otsego @ Oak Harbor -

this won’t be close.

Oak Harbor 56-12
Are you the same guy that keeps creating user names then complains about Coach Lindke at Otsego? I hope not.