September 15th
September 22nd St. Xavier away
September 29th Moeller home
October 6th
October 13th Chatard away
October 20th La Salle away
1674933115162.png
1674933146742.png

Week 2 August 25th the two biggest names I see open that might play Elder Dixie Height (KY) and Springfield
Week 5 September 15 Center Grove (IN) Fredrick Douglas (KY)
Week 8 October 6th Non one from the list match

Was expecting him to breakout after his good spring, specifically the spring game and Stroud talking him up. The article makes it sound like he fell to 4th string before his injury or his mom's passing, so I wonder if that was strictly due to blocking. Seems weird.

Both should get a fair legitimate shot at being starters. Rumor has it Royer was slated to be TE1 but he had serious personal things going on and got banged up. Plus Ohio st ran a lot more 2 TE sets this year and may use stover as an Hback and Royer be more of the receiving TE.

James will be competing with current RG starter Matt Jones and Louisiana Monroe transfer Victor Cutler. If they decide to keep Jones at RG, James has a real good chance to start. This is assuming they don’t pick up anyone else in the portal after the May transfer period.

Both should get a fair legitimate shot at being starters. Royer I think will atleast be co-starter or a rotational guy. Rumor has it Royer was slated to be TE1 but he had serious personal things going on and got banged up. Plus Ohio st ran a lot more 2 TE sets this year and may use stover as an Hback and Royer be more of the receiving TE.

James will be competing with current RG starter Matt Jones and Louisiana Monroe transfer Victor Cutler. If they decide to keep Jones at RG, James has a real good chance to start. This is assuming they don’t pick up anyone else in the portal after the May transfer period.

Week 1 08/18 Pickerington North Home
Week 2 08/25 ???
Week 3 09/01 Springboro Home
Week 4 09/08 St. Edward Home
Week 5 09/15 ???
Week 6 09/22 St. Xavier Away
Week 7 09/29 Moeller Home
Wee 8 10/06 Life Christian Academy (VA) Home
Week 9 10/13 Bishop Chatard (IN) Away
Week 10 10/20 La Salle Away

Yea this game seems pointless. Play west high or oak hills before you play this game. Hell try to get harrison or east central to the pit over life?

I don't trust this game. In 2020 they backed out for Covid. 2021 We had them on the schedule and they double booked. 2022 they played X.

They will be D7 in Ohio.
They also had a coach get stabbed by a parent. It’s a s**t show, but Elder doesn’t have a lot of options.

Yea this game seems pointless. Play west high or oak hills before you play this game. Hell try to get harrison or east central to the pit over life?
They’re not open week 9. That’s why it’s so hard to schedule a game that late in the season.

As Omar said, those schools are not available in week 8 due to their league scheduling.

Week 8
West Hi vs. Hughes (CMAC league game)
Oak Hills vs. Fairfield (GMC league game)
Harrison vs. Talawanda (SWOC league game)

GMC now plays leagues games week 2 through 10. Scheduling is getting tougher due to these expanded league games.

Harrison could be a possibility down the road due to the SWOC shrinking. Harrison may need to go independent or join the GMC or the ECC. They are probably too small for the GMC and too far away for the ECC. They are in a bind.

I don't trust this game. In 2020 they backed out for Covid. 2021 We had them on the schedule and they double booked. 2022 they played X.

They will be D7 in Ohio.

I am sure the AD and HC are aware, but they don't have many options. It's either take a bye or take a home game. The downside is little benefit for harbins. The upside is an actual game at home. With the expanded playoffs, the harbin points aren't as big of a concern any more. Yes, you do want a home game, but the risk of missing the playoffs due to a game like this is not there anymore.

As Omar said, those schools are not available in week 8 due to their league scheduling.

Week 8

GMC now plays leagues games week 2 through 10. Scheduling is getting tougher due to these expanded league games.

Harrison could be a possibility down the road due to the SWOC shrinking. Harrison may need to go independent or join the GMC or the ECC. They are probably too small for the GMC and too far away for the ECC. They are in a bind.
Harrison doesn’t have the resources to operate independently.

It will never happen because it means less $, but the OHSAA should go to a 9 game regular season and start the playoffs in week 10.

Week 8

It seems like Harrison could be growing with more families moving out that way. They'd certainly be the smallest GMC school, but it might be their best bet. Unless they joined the CHL; they're somewhat similar in size to Taylor and could give Wyoming and Indian Hill more competition.

Oak Hills and West Hi won't play because the conferences they are in are too big and not a common open date.

East Central has played LaSalle and Moeller, so I don't know why we have not played them. I know a ton of Alumni live out that way so I don't understand that.

Harrison is a whole different thing. The SWOC is shrinking. Ross and Edgewood are leaving. So the SWOC will be Harrison, Talawanda, Northwest, and Mt Health. Another 4 team conference. Which means 7 open dates. Harrison's schedule this is:

HARRISON
1@ Taylor
2@ East Central (IN)
3(H) Cincinnati Withrow
4(H) Cincinnati Western HIlls
5(H) Clinton-Massie
6(H) Campbell County (KY)
7@ Cincinnati Mount Healthy
8@ Talawanda
9(H) Cincinnati Northwest
10@ Wooster

So in future years they play their 3 league games. Then they keep Taylor and East Central. That still gives them 5 games they have to find. Elder would be logical. But I remember back in the early 2000 talking to Tom Gamble. He tried to get Elder vs Harrison in the showdown. Harrison refused.

Harrison won't be joining the GMC or ECC anytime soon. The FAVC broke up because those eastside schools thought the drive to Harrison and Oxford were too far. So I don't see the ECC wanting them. On top of that the GMC and ECC are both 10 team leagues with 9 game league schedule. If you add an 11th team, Who do they play when everyone else is already paired up? A league in Indiana might want them, but some sports don't match up. In Ohio boys tennis is a spring sport, Indiana it is a fall sport.

It seems like Harrison could be growing with more families moving out that way. They'd certainly be the smallest GMC school, but it might be their best bet. Unless they joined the CHL; they're somewhat similar in size to Taylor and could give Wyoming and Indian Hill more competition.
There’s been talk about that for 15 years. Harrison is never going to get to the size of an Oak Hills.

Last edited:
There’s been talk about that for 15 years. Harrison is never going to get to the size of an Oak Hills.
I mean, yeah lol that'd require them to add over 1,000 new students, but they're already around 1,000. I know quite a few young families who have moved out to Harrison and there's lots of new developments out there. New houses still being built too.

I mean, yeah lol that'd require them to add over 1,000 new students, but they're already around 1,000. I know quite a few young families who have moved out to Harrison and there's lots of new developments out there. New houses still being built too.
That’s anecdotal. Also, why the f**k are we spending all the time on the ELDER forum, talking about other schools?