2023 EBC Baseball

Incoming freshmen or this past years team? I know alliance incoming freshmen class was decent from what I was told.. 6th is unknown and 7th grade won maybe 2 games if I remember correctly
Both- now the key for Minerva is to keep the kids playing all sports- we had 3 solid freshman this season. Our freshmen and now sophomores have a really good basketball team.

We play in the NEO league now so the only team we face is west branch/ Sebring area and there’s one marlington team.A couple kids here play for the Manchester A’s. I wish we could play our league opponents like 7th grade and up.
I couldn't agree more. Parents tend to pay big money for "travel teams" in hopes to make their kid a superstar!!

Both- now the key for Minerva is to keep the kids playing all sports- we had 3 solid freshman this season. Our freshmen and now sophomores have a really good basketball team.
Minerva was always good when I was coming up.Football, track, basketball.. they always had some studs. It’d be nice to see them return to that form.

I couldn't agree more. Parents tend to pay big money for "travel teams" in hopes to make their kid a superstar!!
It’s a money grab, I don’t knock the experience or training they may receive but I’ve seen very good teams playing “rec ball” and I dare to say they would beat a few of these travel teams around here. That goshen ruritans 11u team is incredible

It’s a money grab, I don’t knock the experience or training they may receive but I’ve seen very good teams playing “rec ball” and I dare to say they would beat a few of these travel teams around here. That goshen ruritans 11u team is incredible
I agree- good experience for the kids. But they are just making it too expensive to play for some kids- baseball is becoming like a country club sport in the United States.

Hubbard 1
West Branch 0

Nauseating baseball game. Neither team really deserved to be in the district title game and I'd guess NDCL should win handily on Wednesday.

Unsurprisingly, this West Branch team fell short due to coaching and lack of discipline. Same story every year with just about every staff since Grove was HC...

Correct me if I'm wrong here but this would mean top a 10 D1 commit, Roads from Salem, headed into his senior year has never been a first team EBC selection
I honestly never understood the EBC all league teams. The Canton Rep shows as Minerva has a kid hitting 382 and he got honorable mention and a a kid at 370 and he got nothing- Common and Dunbar. I heard wilms hit over 400 and got 2nd??

Last edited:
if that’s the case EBC is like little league.
With multiple players committed to playing in college. So yes definitely little league.
I’m not saying the EBC is gods gift to OHSAA baseball but the top end talent year after year is second to none. Now the bottom half of the rosters is an issue