2023 EBC Baseball

Very proud of how Alliance can always find some way to win games. Truly showed today vs a surprisingly good Minerva team. Their record does not match how well they actually can play. The future is bright for the Lions. As for the Aviators, this year has been nothing short of exceptional. With a win tomorrow evening they clinch a share. Months ago no one thought they’d end up where they are now. Proud of that group of kids.

First game I saw in a while, Alliance is a very good baseball team and Williams is a darn good pitcher. He is never mentioned but he is a stud, Very impressed by Minerva's freshman pitcher Brayden Wood. Lost 3-1 to an excellent Alliance team and pitched a complete game. The Lions played really well today, just couldn't get a big hit.. Alliance is really good, won this game playing small ball and played excellent defense. They couldn't get the bats going but laid down some great bunts with kids in the middle of the order- unselfish team and kids. I know their record doesn't show it and had a few rough games but Minerva is not a bad baseball team. Hopefully they keep improving and get some more wins to finish the season. This is probably the best hitting Minerva team that I have seen it 5 or 6 years.

First game I saw in a while, Alliance is a very good baseball team and Williams is a darn good pitcher. He is never mentioned but he is a stud, Very impressed by Minerva's freshman pitcher Brayden Wood. Lost 3-1 to an excellent Alliance team and pitched a complete game. The Lions played really well today, just couldn't get a big hit.. Alliance is really good, won this game playing small ball and played excellent defense. They couldn't get the bats going but laid down some great bunts with kids in the middle of the order- unselfish team and kids. I know their record doesn't show it and had a few rough games but Minerva is not a bad baseball team. Hopefully they keep improving and get some more wins to finish the season. This is probably the best hitting Minerva team that I have seen it 5 or 6 years.
i saw Williams throw at Salem looked good that day too

Can’t describe the disappointment in Quaker Baseball this spring.
I have only been able to watch half of a Quakers game this year when they were at Alliance, but the lack of discipline is borderline their downfall. Did not appear to have any sense of urgency, seemed as if they were simply going through the motions; like they didn't want to be there. Of course, it is not a fair assessment based off of one game, but the score sheets support that it is a repeating matter. The optimism that this team can still turn things around and make a run is dying more and more each week.

EBC standings
Alliance 15-3 / 7-1 clinched a share of EBC title
Carrollton 13-3 / 5-3
West Branch 13-4 / 5-3
Marlington 7-8 / 5-3 a sweep vs Alliance gets a shared title
Salem 6-9 / 1-7 UGH
Minerva 5-12-1 / 1-7
All records per game changer

when’s the tournament draw ?

I have only been able to watch half of a Quakers game this year when they were at Alliance, but the lack of discipline is borderline their downfall. Did not appear to have any sense of urgency, seemed as if they were simply going through the motions; like they didn't want to be there. Of course, it is not a fair assessment based off of one game, but the score sheets support that it is a repeating matter. The optimism that this team can still turn things around and make a run is dying more and more each week.
I think what gets overlooked is that while the teams they had in the past were boisterous, I remember them being obnoxious as a team has ever been a few years ago when they came to Carrollton, their coach had done a great job building rapport with the team and when he spoke they seemed to listen. With both of their elite prospects being upperclassmen now and a new coach at the helm I have to wonder how much of what he's saying just goes in one ear and out the other with them and has led to the drastic downturn

Terrible weather for the last week of league play. No big surprises other than Salem's 6-10 record. Alliance is a little better than expected but not too surprising. Carrollton is good, Marlington seems to be playing better and has a tough non league schedule. I am hearing that WB is probably the youngest team in EBC and should be loaded next year and they are playing well this year. Minerva doesn't have a good record but they are playing well and improving. It would be nice if the EBC had the 2 extra teams in the conference to make the league race more interesting

Terrible weather for the last week of league play. No big surprises other than Salem's 6-10 record. Alliance is a little better than expected but not too surprising. Carrollton is good, Marlington seems to be playing better and has a tough non league schedule. I am hearing that WB is probably the youngest team in EBC and should be loaded next year and they are playing well this year. Minerva doesn't have a good record but they are playing well and improving. It would be nice if the EBC had the 2 extra teams in the conference to make the league race more interesting
WB's seniors are a starting 2B (and 6 hitter) and No. 4 pitcher. Everybody else will be back, presumably.

Well this is the series where Salem turns it around. I’m 100% sure we win both game. I mean I’m sure we win at least 1 but I definitely think we’ll compete in both games. I could see us winning or losing one or two game. For sure

Carrollton 11
Minerva 5
Minerva was down 1 in the 5th and was hitting against Carrolltons ace. But a few costly errors really hurt and I think 8 or 9 of the runs were unearned. Gotta give credit to Carrollton for taking advantage of the 5 or 6 Minerva errors. A lot of big games today..

Carrollton 11
Minerva 5
Minerva was down 1 in the 5th and was hitting against Carrolltons ace. But a few costly errors really hurt and I think 8 or 9 of the runs were unearned. Gotta give credit to Carrollton for taking advantage of the 5 or 6 Minerva errors. A lot of big games today..
I have only seen Minerva play once this year (Salem @Minerva) which was early in the season. Minerva seems to be a team that once they can put everything together they have the ability to right up there with the best of them. According to the Canton Rep, they have some players that are among the leaders in various statistical categories. I know this does not include all EBC opponents (Salem), but to be right up there among players from other prominent programs in the area (across all divisions) shows some promise for the Lions.

IF Marlington, WB and Carrollton complete sweeps there would be a 4-way tie for first.
Kind of wish they would have added a third game for conference play. It would have still allowed for 12 games out of conference.

I went to the 2-1 9 inning game with Minerva - Carrollton. Sat with a friend from Carrollton and neither of us had a dog in the fight. It was a great game other than one of the worst home plate umpires I ever saw. Kids from Minerva getting rung up on balls that bounced in, kid from Carrollton literally almost got hit in the head and it was called a strike because he ducked , that is actually what the ump said!! It guess he was supposed to just get hit in the head??? It was a very well played game and well pitched game and He was equally bad both ways. It was just not fair to the kids on either team. The coaches showed great restraint for not losing their minds. By the end of the game both teams were swinging at everything because they had to. I know it's hard to get umps nowadays but they really should be held accountable when they are bad too.
Carrollton has a very good team. I think they can make a run in the tournament. Hopefully the EBC has some success over the next couple of weeks!!

Good luck to all of the EBC teams as the post season gets underway! Salem plays a pretty unknown Streetsboro team today. Hoping they represent the conference well and their D1's can lead them on a nice run to throw some positives on their underachieving season thus far. I believe the remainder of the conference is off tonight and awaiting their TBD opponent.

Well, I wouldn’t expect any of these EBC teams to make a run. Louisville just played their “NBC” part of the schedule and rolled through everyone.

Vs Marlington 9-4 W
Vs West Branch 11-1 W
Vs Carrollton 4-0 W
Vs Alliance 9-2 W

Total = 33-7

Some things never change

Well, I wouldn’t expect any of these EBC teams to make a run. Louisville just played their “NBC” part of the schedule and rolled through everyone.

Vs Marlington 9-4 W
Vs West Branch 11-1 W
Vs Carrollton 4-0 W
Vs Alliance 9-2 W

Total = 33-7

Some things never change
Man, that's impressive! What did they finish in their conference this year?