2023 EBC Baseball

Wow Salem... I don't think they are 10-0 bad. Must have been a very poorly game played and I would not bank on that from them again. Anyone in the thread there? I would love to know what happened.

Last night was a long and ugly win for my Aviators to put us at 3-0 to start.

Score was 19-9 in 5in vs a young St. Thomas Aquinas team, but the game was almost 3 hours long after an almost endless 11 run 2nd inning.

We started hot, Jr Chris Hall went 3 up 3 down with 2K in the 1st and then our offense got going and jumped 5-0 in the 1st.

It was a full team win, everyone got involved and we had 10 total hits, got walked 14 times.

Fr Bo Davis had 3RBI

Soph Brady White, Sr Austin Trusty, and Sr Rome Biggers all had a 2B with 2RBI.

Surely this doesn’t define us whatsoever, we will clean it up and be ready for the Quakes next Monday and Tuesday night.

Wow Salem... I don't think they are 10-0 bad. Must have been a very poorly game played and I would not bank on that from them again. Anyone in the thread there? I would love to know what happened.
I believe this is the early season jitters we mentioned and expected with the new coach and the younger back half. Based off the read up it seems evident that the good guys looked good, and the lesser guys did not look good. Nothing out of the ordinary just errors and miscues. This is baseball.
Fortunately for Salem, it’s early and this non-conference game has zero relevance to the remainder of their season.
Unfortunately for Salem, Alliance - though going over a few potholes en route - are 3-0 with promise and a bounty on the spotty Quakers team. Just a week ago I saw this as an easy 2-0 for Salem, but now I think 1-1 is much more realistic.

Solid win for Minerva. I’ve been told that though outclassed this year and likely the next, they have promise in an underclassmen pitcher. The out of conference schedule compliments their team nicely.
That is a very accurate assessment. They are well coached and have a few good looking freshmen. But I think the EBC will continue to be a really tough challenge.

Last edited:
I believe this is the early season jitters we mentioned and expected with the new coach and the younger back half. Based off the read up it seems evident that the good guys looked good, and the lesser guys did not look good. Nothing out of the ordinary just errors and miscues. This is baseball.
Fortunately for Salem, it’s early and this non-conference game has zero relevance to the remainder of their season.
Unfortunately for Salem, Alliance - though going over a few potholes en route - are 3-0 with promise and a bounty on the spotty Quakers team. Just a week ago I saw this as an easy 2-0 for Salem, but now I think 1-1 is much more realistic.
This is going to be a fun match up to watch. Everyone knows how good Salem is and I am hearing that Alliance is a very deep and experienced team with underrated pitching.

And add the fact the Alliance may be a little underrated.
Alliance is indeed underrated. Was able to attend the early parts of the game today in Alliance. The Quakers have a LONG way to go. Their catcher served as a huge liability and ultimately costed them the game. It was 5-2 when I left and Alliance didn’t look like they were letting up.

A-town on top 7-2 vs a the Quakers.

It was a great game from start to finish, quick start for Bennett on the mound, but things got scary in the 2nd for us when Salem jumped to a 2-0 lead, but a big 3rd inning helped us out a lot and Bennett had a career day on the bump today. 7.0 IP, 5H, 0ER, 2R, 10K

At the plate, we were consistent, as we had 7 total hits today.

Dylan Bell 1H 2R

Kvaughn Davis with 2H

Ryan Bruni 2H 1RBI 1R

We need to clean up some things on D, and the Aviators are not satisfied with this win. Although it’s a big one, job isn’t finished. Back at it tomorrow at The Ray.

A-town on top 7-2 vs a the Quakers.

It was a great game from start to finish, quick start for Bennett on the mound, but things got scary in the 2nd for us when Salem jumped to a 2-0 lead, but a big 3rd inning helped us out a lot and Bennett had a career day on the bump today. 7.0 IP, 5H, 0ER, 2R, 10K

At the plate, we were consistent, as we had 7 total hits today.

Dylan Bell 1H 2R

Kvaughn Davis with 2H

Ryan Bruni 2H 1RBI 1R

We need to clean up some things on D, and the Aviators are not satisfied with this win. Although it’s a big one, job isn’t finished. Back at it tomorrow at The Ray.
Sounds like a great game from Bennett. Happy for the kid.

Up for grabs, yes. I think Alliance and Marlington are the tallest, though!
The Carrollton - Marlington matchup will be interesting. Some Carrollton folks think that they have one of their better teams in a long time. I still don't know if they are good enough to knock off the big boys though. I know that Carrollton has very good numbers and a good youth program. I really think that they can make some noise.

We are looking good, Alazaus threw a great game and I was surprised with Frazier's performance as well. He kept our talented hitters off balance all night but the errors came back to bite Minerva in the end. We have to clean a few things up defensively and more offense is always needed but I am definitely pleased with how we are looking this early in the season.

Shoutout to Alliance, that a big sweep for them.

I have a feeling everyone in the EBC this season is able to beat anyone, but we have known this. Mainly saying in my opinion, there is no true top dog, which will turn this into a highly competitive league and make every game that much important.