2023 CHL baseball Preview

Predictions for todays games

(as painful as it is to post) Taylors lack of pitching depth this year has really been whats hurt the most!
McNick over Taylor ill say 7-3

Wyoming over RB 8-6 Def a down year for the Cowboys as well. But i think they can fend off RB

(CNE beat DP 7-6 in 11 innings)

Madeira vs CNE Maderia cruises in this one 12-2

Mariemont vs Madison (madison upset #8 seed 7hills) i'll go with another close one but Madison rolling with the upset again 9-7

IH Fenwick is an interesting match up.

Could be the best game of the tourney for the CHL.

Reading will have their hands full with Badin I think Badin run rules Reading.

Have you seen Badin play? According to their league website 3 of the 6 have gone one and out in the tourney.

Have you seen Badin play? According to their league website 3 of the 6 have gone one and out in the tourney.
Badin has scored 227 runs and given up 38 with a 26-1 record with just 3 cupcakes, twice Carroll (league), and Mt Healthy, a tournament game they had to play. They've played a solid D1 schedule and only loss by a single run to Fairmont, the top D1 seed in Dayton. They have 4 pitchers who have thrown double digit innings that have sub 1.0 ERAs. They only have 1 player on their entire staff with an ERA over 2, and his is still under 3.

I personally think, even with all that said, Badin is beatable. Is Reading that team to do it? Uhhhhhh. Honestly, I'm surprised they jumped in Badin's sectional.

Not a team in the state that’s not beatable. It will take a great pitching effort to knock Badin off. The top three pitchers over 25 innings have given up 3 earned runs total all year. 90 innings pitched 142 k’s

Madeira beats Madison on a walk off basehit by hunter Loring

Will face Greenview Wednesday (Greenview almost lost to #14 seed prebel shawnee tonight 1-0)

I recently perused the CHL website to check the state of spring sports.

Saw that Finneytown was particularly bad which made me look a little bit further into how bad they've been. A few findings:

-Finneytown's -214 run differential is the worst of any season on the CHL website (dating back to 2007)
- - - 4 runs scored and 218 runs allowed are also individually the worst marks ever for the league
-They last won a game on 5/18/21 against Georgetown in the OHSAA tournament.
-They last won a CHL game on 4/21/17 against Deer Park
-Since 2018, their overall record has been 3-76.
-This year's roster on the CHL website features 8 freshmen, 4 sophomores, 1 junior, and 2 seniors.

I recently perused the CHL website to check the state of spring sports.

Saw that Finneytown was particularly bad which made me look a little bit further into how bad they've been. A few findings:

-Finneytown's -214 run differential is the worst of any season on the CHL website (dating back to 2007)
- - - 4 runs scored and 218 runs allowed are also individually the worst marks ever for the league
-They last won a game on 5/18/21 against Georgetown in the OHSAA tournament.
-They last won a CHL game on 4/21/17 against Deer Park
-Since 2018, their overall record has been 3-76.
-This year's roster on the CHL website features 8 freshmen, 4 sophomores, 1 junior, and 2 seniors.
I am going to guess that none or very few of FT or even Deer Park baseball kids play summer ball.

I know of a middle school FT kid who plays MS basketball and baseball that plays for the reds RBI organization.