2023 Bengals

Burrow carted off at the end of practice. Hopefully just some cramping with this heat.

He dropped back, then started to run to his right, started hopping on one leg. He had a sleeve on his right calf prior and that was what they were looking at when he was carted off the field

Why did he have a sleeve on that leg? My understanding was that wasn't his bad knee leg.

Now, normally when someone cramps, what happens?? You do the lay back someone takes the leg and forces the toe up. That did not happen.

Probably true and it wouldn’t be unusual. They let Higgins walk and use the first pick for a WR. It’s how the NFL does business with these big contracts.
Why can't they?

The Bengals have 19.5M in cap space left this year. That should be enough to get both Higgins and Burrows extensions done. They will have Awuzie, Boyd, Williams, Collins and Reader coming off the books next season. They have 65M in space for next season without any increase in the cap which it most certainly will raise considerably.

Of those guys listed above, who will the Bengals offer contracts to? I'd say Boyd and maybe Williams. If they can't get a Reader deal done this camp, it is a pretty good sign they won’t keep him next season. DT market has gotten really expensive.

Of those guys listed above, who will the Bengals offer contracts to? I'd say Boyd and maybe Williams. If they can't get a Reader deal done this camp, it is a pretty good sign they won’t keep him next season. DT market has gotten really exexpensive.
I don't think they will offer Boyd or Williams. I think maybe Awuzie and/or Reader.

NFL uniforms ranked: Bengals #32

32. Cincinnati Bengals​

It is hard to imagine anyone over the age of eight who thinks it is cool to have tiger stripes on your outfit. I give the Bengals props for their uniqueness, and egregiousness, but it really just looks like something they are wearing because they lost a bet.

CINCINNATI - AUGUST 20:  Carson Palmer #9 of the Cincinnati Bengals throws a pass during the NFL preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles at Paul Brown Stadium on August 20, 2010 in Cincinnati, Ohio.  (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

Andy Lyons/GettyImages

I imagine the stripes were cool when the Bengals debuted in the 60s, and it feels like the sort of flashy absurdity that went well in the 70s, but the tiger helmet was surprisingly not put into play until 1981, and they only played up the tiger theme more as the years went on. I suppose there is no turning back now. Rawr.

I don't think they will offer Boyd or Williams. I think maybe Awuzie and/or Reader.
I think they already tried Reader and failed which is why they signed Wilson.

Awuzie isn’t realistic until after the season now. He should have been a target last winter when there was less certainty about his injury rehab timeline.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they offer Awuzie a team friendly but respectable deal and not fret if he walks. They have spent a couple of premium picks on the CB position the last 2 drafts in CTB and DJ Turner.

This team will go as far as the oline takes them. Hopefully Williams is the answer at RT, but the Bengals have been terrible the last 10 years in evaluating oline talent when it comes to the draft.

This team will go as far as the oline takes them. Hopefully Williams is the answer at RT, but the Bengals have been terrible the last 10 years in evaluating oline talent when it comes to the draft.
Agreed. Most reports are that Williams looks legit at RT.

If the Bengals can't get a deal done with Higgins (which is probbably why Burrow isn't done yet) it might be wise to offer Williams an extension and then look to move Higgins at the end of the season after tagging him.

Agreed. Most reports are that Williams looks legit at RT.

If the Bengals can't get a deal done with Higgins (which is probbably why Burrow isn't done yet) it might be wise to offer Williams an extension and then look to move Higgins at the end of the season after tagging him.

I believe this will be the best oline Burrow has had in front of him in the NFL. The challenge is the Bengals have 6 games against quality edge rushers/defenses in the Ravens, Browns & Steelers.

I think the Bengal secondary, especially at safety, takes a step back as does the run game with Mixon a year older and no proven backup to replace Samaje Perine. However, rookie Chase Brown may be viable but he has to hold onto the ball (fumbling concerns coming out of college) and successfully pick up the blitz.

As long as Burrow is upright, the Bengals have a shot.

NFL uniforms ranked: Bengals #32

32. Cincinnati Bengals​

It is hard to imagine anyone over the age of eight who thinks it is cool to have tiger stripes on your outfit. I give the Bengals props for their uniqueness, and egregiousness, but it really just looks like something they are wearing because they lost a bet.

CINCINNATI - AUGUST 20:  Carson Palmer #9 of the Cincinnati Bengals throws a pass during the NFL preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles at Paul Brown Stadium on August 20, 2010 in Cincinnati, Ohio.  (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

Andy Lyons/GettyImages

I imagine the stripes were cool when the Bengals debuted in the 60s, and it feels like the sort of flashy absurdity that went well in the 70s, but the tiger helmet was surprisingly not put into play until 1981, and they only played up the tiger theme more as the years went on. I suppose there is no turning back now. Rawr.

Helmets ranked #2 in NFL.

Cause for concern or much ado about nothing?

Some concern only because its the Bengals & Mike Brown/Brown family. The Bengals were extremely fortunate to luck into a 1st pick who happen to be a local kid, great player and one who is able to change the attitude/mentality of a franchise.

Don’t screw it up, sign Burrow and get to work on Higgins deal because next year I believe the Bengals have Chase contract extension talks.

Some concern only because its the Bengals & Mike Brown/Brown family. The Bengals were extremely fortunate to luck into a 1st pick who happen to be a local kid, great player and one who is able to change the attitude/mentality of a franchise.

Don’t screw it up, sign Burrow and get to work on Higgins deal because next year I believe the Bengals have Chase contract extension talks.
I'm a Browns fan but I seriously hope the Bengals don't mess up the good thing they have going.

much ado about nothing. Not a chance they don't get the deal done.

much ado about nothing. Not a chance they don't get the deal done.

I completely agree the deal will get done but it makes no sense for the Bengals to drag their feet.

You (Bengals/Brown family) are a multi billion dollar company. Sign your most important employee, one who happens to be in or the 3 or 4 best in the world at what he does, for $250 mil over 5 years and keep him happy. Don’t tick him off to save a couple of million . Get it done and with some class before the season starts.

Just staring to feel like the Bengals are bungling this a bit.