2023 Benedictine Football

The only loss on players transferring, will be for those players who leave Benedictine. Quitting on the school, your teammates, the coaching staff, all during the season, and then transferring, spells quitter to me. Not a Man of Benedictine. These are not the student athletes that Benedictine wants or needs. People on here need to start looking forward & not back. The 2022 season is over. 2023 should have some upside. But as in every rebuild. It takes time. In 3 years when this team is back to winning, all of the bandwagon naysayers will be back in the fold. When the going gets tough as they say. The new HC will need time for the rebuild. If things don't change, move on. I read on here every day about how no one really, on this blog, likes the hire. Myself included, at first. We all have spoken our peace. Time to move on. Joe Prevesk is the new HC. Time to back this guy up.
I agree about the kids transferring.I said basically the same thing earlier.Probably shouldn't have been here in the 1st place.Don't like the hire,but can't blame him. I blame the people making the decisions.Time will tell what he does,but he was part of the staff that brought in very little talent the past 3 years,hard to believe he will start doing it now. We shall see.

The only loss on players transferring, will be for those players who leave Benedictine. Quitting on the school, your teammates, the coaching staff, all during the season, and then transferring, spells quitter to me. Not a Man of Benedictine. These are not the student athletes that Benedictine wants or needs. People on here need to start looking forward & not back. The 2022 season is over. 2023 should have some upside. But as in every rebuild. It takes time. In 3 years when this team is back to winning, all of the bandwagon naysayers will be back in the fold. When the going gets tough as they say. The new HC will need time for the rebuild. If things don't change, move on. I read on here every day about how no one really, on this blog, likes the hire. Myself included, at first. We all have spoken our peace. Time to move on. Joe Prevesk is the new HC. Time to back this guy up.
These quitters we’ll probably recruited and therefore youreapbwhat you sew!

Learn how to spell. Doubt this staff recruited anybody.They were lucky the previous coach left them some players from 2019-21.
Well that went over your head. Before u criticize why don’t you read? He was talking about those that left will supposedly be recruited - - u just like to continue to rail against. :: funny not funny 🤭🤨🧐😩🤔

Well that went over your head. Before u criticize why don’t you read? He was talking about those that left will supposedly be recruited - - u just like to continue to rail against. :: funny not funny 🤭🤨🧐😩🤔
That don't even make sense. If they have already left,why would they need to be recruited? Maybe if he learned how to spell,I could have understood what he was trying to say.

That don't even make sense. If they have already left,why would they need to be recruited? Maybe if he learned how to spell,I could have understood what he was trying to say.
Glad you have full use of your fingers to type! Only typo was a letter b in between two words instead of a space, big deal!
Too bad you couldn’t figure that out, that’s called reasoning.

so much for getting Big name coach to come, what a joke!

Glad you have full use of your fingers to type! Only typo was a letter b in between two words instead of a space, big deal!

u mean so much for “probably recruited” “probably” is a looooooooong stretch 🥶🥶

It is a Big Deal when no one understands what you're talking about. Recruited by another high school? Recruited by a college? Quite honestly either way, it doesn't matter. If student athletes want to leave. Then leave. Like I said before. You can't change the past. You can only change the future. Moving forward. Good luck to any student leaving. Good luck to the new coaching staff. Auggie Bossu wasn't a big-name coach when he was hired. That ended up pretty good. Glass half full.

It is a Big Deal when no one understands what you're talking about. Recruited by another high school? Recruited by a college? Quite honestly either way, it doesn't matter. If student athletes want to leave. Then leave. Like I said before. You can't change the past. You can only change the future. Moving forward. Good luck to any student leaving. Good luck to the new coaching staff. Auggie Bossu wasn't a big-name coach when he was hired. That ended up pretty good. Glass half full.
Augie was actually a known name, was Head Coach at and fired by Cathedral Latin after only a couple seasons. Various reasons were given; one was he didn't work well with the parents, highly unlikely, the other was the athletic director didn't like his style and never thought he would work out, more likely. Maybe someone else can shine more light. Either way worked out pretty well for Benedictine as they won a state title in '57 with Bossu as Head Coach and three others. Cathedral Latin on the other hand never sniffed the playoffs while across the street from John Hay, closed in '79, and allowed their name to be connected to a school run by the SNDs out in the hinter land.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt

Augie was actually a known name, was Head Coach at and fired by Cathedral Latin after only a couple seasons. Various reasons were given; one was he didn't work well with the parents, highly unlikely, the other was the athletic director didn't like his style and never thought he would work out, more likely. Maybe someone else can shine more light. Either way worked out pretty well for Benedictine as they won a state title in '57 with Bossu as Head Coach and three others. Cathedral Latin on the other hand never sniffed the playoffs while across the street from John Hay, closed in '79, and allowed their name to be connected to a school run by the SNDs out in the hinter land.
Augie Bossu was a great coach and man.

That won’t be easy in January. I heard he talked about leaving since last game hopefully the easier schedule will work for him.

Last edited:
Heard QB1 transferring to Kenston is confirmed. Hope the HC can find a replacement Quick.
If this is true, another huge loss for the program and school as a whole. Also been hearing the talented back up barker also is gone. Does anyone have the final number on transfers out because at this point it sounds like a new handful every week..

If this is true, another huge loss for the program and school as a whole. Also been hearing the talented back up barker also is gone. Does anyone have the final number on transfers out because at this point it sounds like a new handful every week..
It tells you everything you need to know, about what the kids and parents think about, playing for Coach Grind.

It tells you everything you need to know, about what the kids and parents think about, playing for Coach Grind.
Who’s barker? Was he the JV QB? If he was talented why didn’t he get to play when the starter struggled every game
- -confused. 🤔

The transfer portal is killing high school sports. I can see transferring because of issues in the academic aspects but leaving because a football coach does not fit your philosophy? No I don’t like that at all. Benedictine is a great school and it’s built from tradition of excellence. One bad football season does not take away from this tradition. Leaving because of football, simply an example of this “hit the reset button on the video game” mentality so many have.

The transfer portal is killing high school sports. I can see transferring because of issues in the academic aspects but leaving because a football coach does not fit your philosophy? No I don’t like that at all. Benedictine is a great school and it’s built from tradition of excellence. One bad football season does not take away from this tradition. Leaving because of football, simply an example of this “hit the reset button on the video game” mentality so many have.
I totally agree with this take. I just don't think kids care about tradition of a school anymore. It's all about instant gratification unfortunately.

I totally agree with this take. I just don't think kids care about tradition of a school anymore. It's all about instant gratification unfortunately.
You may be right and if you are, there will be some very disappointed young adults once they get into the work world. What are they going to do, throw a fit every time they don’t like their boss?

You may be right and if you are, there will be some very disappointed young adults once they get into the work world. What are they going to do, throw a fit every time they don’t like their boss?
Agreed, just sad the world has come to this, parents are mainly at fault allowing it, hard work and growth no longer exist. Not even about a team anymore, its all about “me, me me” mentality. 😡😡 -Obviously not who we want sticking around, not true Men of Benedictine. From what I hear these aren’t the types of players new HC wants anyway.

Because a family makes a decision to not stay in what they may see as a low quality situation means it’s about “me me me” and not about team? Professionals often make a move to another company when their current company begins a downswing. And the kid transferring to Kenston is clearly a hard worker, who can blame him for wanting to get out of there?
Agree. And isn't it up to the family on what is the best situation for their son?

And in the work world - as was stated: You are free to change jobs, or ask for an internal transfer.