2023 Benedictine Football

Concur. Although some would equate “heart” with “naivety” and “unrealistic,” there are studies that show people can lift more/do more/etc. if they really and truly believe.

Working with young men, you can either build them up or tear them down. Let’s build up the current team and encourage them. They are playing for Benedictine. This is the Home of Champions. Young men can still be inspired with the tradition. Interestingly, Coach Prevesk‘s senior football season at Benedictine was Coach Bossu’s last season as head coach.

Let’s keep inspiring our young men. We have something special here.
***forgot to add - Go Bengals! You got this.

Concur. Although some would equate “heart” with “naivety” and “unrealistic,” there are studies that show people can lift more/do more/etc. if they really and truly believe.

Working with young men, you can either build them up or tear them down. Let’s build up the current team and encourage them. They are playing for Benedictine. This is the Home of Champions. Young men can still be inspired with the tradition. Interestingly, Coach Prevesk‘s senior football season at Benedictine was Coach Bossu’s last season as head coach.

Let’s keep inspiring our young men. We have something special here.
Special? You sound like one of the monks.

Would love to be wrong,but don't see this team winning 5 games in the next 2 years combined.Just lost thir best lineman,best receiver,and from whats been reported on here,at least 5 starting underclassmen have transferred to Gilmour and Ginnville.
Do you guys know about JJ Baldwin???

Special? You sound like one of the monks.
You don’t have to be a monk to realize Benedictine is a special place. Difficult times? Yes. Tough football season? Yes. But our community has quite a bit of tradition to rest on and build on.

In that spirit, the decision was made. Coach Prevesk is the head coach for the 2023 season. It’s time to move on and accept that, and it’s time to encourage the current players on the team.

You don’t have to be a monk to realize Benedictine is a special place. Difficult times? Yes. Tough football season? Yes. But our community has quite a bit of tradition to rest on and build on.

In that spirit, the decision was made. Coach Prevesk is the head coach for the 2023 season. It’s time to move on and accept that, and it’s time to encourage the current players on the team.
You can move on,and accept it all you want,doesn't mean I have to. All the fellow alumni that I have talked to don't seem like they are accepting it either.The school was for sure a special place when myself,and other family members attended.We had great men like Coach Bossu,coach Rufus,coach Russ,Fr. Roger,etc leading us. I'm always for the kids,none of this is their fault.I just wish they could have the same great men leading them,as I had to look up to.

QB Georgiou is done after a very good career even with injuries 2 seasons ago. The WR Cardona and RB Patrick are both back next season. They're better than anybody Benedictine has right now. Their best OLman is also returning. All 3 will probably get All-state recognition. Throw in Kenston was a final four team in baseball last year and I can see why he may be leaving.

Can’t blame the families for pulling out. No one wants to be on a ship driven by a captain that wasn’t even an initial top choice, let alone a name that a single person even suggested should be the next in charge.

The only positive, is since being called out last week, that he was grindfor9, grindfor9 has not logged in to yappi since that day. The HC not posting on here will be a good thing for the program.

Hmmm. Something tells me this was not the hire folks had in mind.
The people who are to blame,are the ones calling the shots. Nobody I talk to is happy with the hire,but he was offered,so he took it. Our so called "brain trust" low balled the number 1 target,and a 2nd target also said no. Going to be a lot of running clocks the next few years if all the players mentioned really do leave. Very sad for my alma mater.

This is setting out to be worse than the Slesh years. The kids disliked him and would not play for him. Joe is a good guy but should not have been offered the position. He ran a terrible offense and was really a poor play caller. Ryzner is not the leader the good monks thought and will probably be the one to lock the doors for the last time in the near future. I will give the new principal a pass he has a good pedigree but needs more time. Not sure if Frank Bossu had his hands in mix, if so he should know better. These transfers do not allow for a good recruiting season. Kids will be receiving their apps soon. Find away to stop the bleeding. Abbot Gary look at your school leadership and man up.

This is setting out to be worse than the Slesh years. The kids disliked him and would not play for him. Joe is a good guy but should not have been offered the position. He ran a terrible offense and was really a poor play caller. Ryzner is not the leader the good monks thought and will probably be the one to lock the doors for the last time in the near future. I will give the new principal a pass he has a good pedigree but needs more time. Not sure if Frank Bossu had his hands in mix, if so he should know better. These transfers do not allow for a good recruiting season. Kids will be receiving their apps soon. Find away to stop the bleeding. Abbot Gary look at your school leadership and man up.
Agree with everything,although Slesh was put in a bad spot.Was hired late,and didn't have much talent.Frank Bossu is a very successful chemist,and a good guy,but never understood how that makes him qualified to coach,or run a school.

We can be looking at another 0-10 season.
I would assume that remaining open dates have been planned accordingly to the talent level the 2023 Bengals will showcase. The last thing you want to have is new Head coach with a younger crew against tough opponents week after week. Wishing the staff and boys best of luck.

Naw. There will be a few wins. Brush should be a lock. Couple other winnable games. It was smart to drop Hoban.
Yeah they might get a few wins, but the new coach may have 2-3 very lean years. Needs to rebuild starting with a strong incoming freshman group

The only loss on players transferring, will be for those players who leave Benedictine. Quitting on the school, your teammates, the coaching staff, all during the season, and then transferring, spells quitter to me. Not a Man of Benedictine. These are not the student athletes that Benedictine wants or needs. People on here need to start looking forward & not back. The 2022 season is over. 2023 should have some upside. But as in every rebuild. It takes time. In 3 years when this team is back to winning, all of the bandwagon naysayers will be back in the fold. When the going gets tough as they say. The new HC will need time for the rebuild. If things don't change, move on. I read on here every day about how no one really, on this blog, likes the hire. Myself included, at first. We all have spoken our peace. Time to move on. Joe Prevesk is the new HC. Time to back this guy up.