2023-24 Northern Lakes League....both divisions

They could get to 10 wins for the 1st time since 2004 I believe. Combination of improvement and scheduling.

Good momentum going forward with some promising young players in the years to come.

Other than the Pburg game the rest of the games are a toss up or Clay possibly favored. Should land somewhere between 13-15 wins.

Great job by a lot of people turning the Titanic.

1706707390679.png

Lack of talent. Pretty harsh. Less talent than whom?
Allow me to clarify. Yes, Findlay is more talented than most of Northwest Ohio. What I meant was that they are not as talented as the best teams in the state. Since they are very high in the state rankings and polls, in my opinion, they are not as talented as THOSE other teams that are ranked similarly.

Hill and the big kid are very good high school basketball players. I don't believe the rest of their team is very talented. I have seen them a few times. They only play 6, maybe 7, players. Those other 4/5 guys are just solid, tough, hard working players and they all play well TOGETHER. A few football player types that know their role and are physical. Combine that with a great coach and you have a formula for a very successful season.

Just looking at the NW Ohio Division 1 Districts, I would take Whitmer, Perrysburg, St. John's, Sandusky, Lima (the Spartans are very talented; just really young) over Findlay in terms of overall talent. That doesn't mean that I think Findlay would lose to all of those teams. But in terms of talent on the court, I just think Findlay isn't as good as what their record shows. That is a compliment to them. I think they have one of the best programs in the area. It feels like every season they pull off a few upsets in the regular season.

When it comes to tournament time, I believe talent shines. So in March, I do not think Findlay will make it to Regionals. Obviously we'll wait and see what the bracket looks like, but I just think a more talented team will beat them. There are some Findlay faithful on here that believe that they regularly underachieve in the tournament. I completely disagree with that. I think they OVERACHIEVE in the regular season, which sets them for disappointment in the tournament.

Allow me to clarify. Yes, Findlay is more talented than most of Northwest Ohio. What I meant was that they are not as talented as the best teams in the state. Since they are very high in the state rankings and polls, in my opinion, they are not as talented as THOSE other teams that are ranked similarly.

Hill and the big kid are very good high school basketball players. I don't believe the rest of their team is very talented. I have seen them a few times. They only play 6, maybe 7, players. Those other 4/5 guys are just solid, tough, hard working players and they all play well TOGETHER. A few football player types that know their role and are physical. Combine that with a great coach and you have a formula for a very successful season.

Just looking at the NW Ohio Division 1 Districts, I would take Whitmer, Perrysburg, St. John's, Sandusky, Lima (the Spartans are very talented; just really young) over Findlay in terms of overall talent. That doesn't mean that I think Findlay would lose to all of those teams. But in terms of talent on the court, I just think Findlay isn't as good as what their record shows. That is a compliment to them. I think they have one of the best programs in the area. It feels like every season they pull off a few upsets in the regular season.

When it comes to tournament time, I believe talent shines. So in March, I do not think Findlay will make it to Regionals. Obviously we'll wait and see what the bracket looks like, but I just think a more talented team will beat them. There are some Findlay faithful on here that believe that they regularly underachieve in the tournament. I completely disagree with that. I think they OVERACHIEVE in the regular season, which sets them for disappointment in the tournament.
I could sort of buy what you are saying if you are only talking about offensive talent. But on the defensive end they are as talented as anyone and it shows by them only giving up 39 points per game.

Two HUGE Games this Friday with 1st place implications.

Southview at Clay - Both teams are 5-1. The winner moves into first place. Southview won the 1st matchup but Clay has played like an entirely different team over the last month.

Whitmer at Findlay - Both teams are 4-1. Whitmer pretty much wins the league with a win assuming they take care of business the rest of the way since they've already beat Perrysburg twice. Findlay still would need to take care of business and also beat Perrysburg in a few weeks to take the title.

I'll go with Southview and Whitmer as the winners.

Southview at Clay - Both teams are 5-1. The winner moves into first place. Southview won the 1st matchup but Clay has played like an entirely different team over the last month.

Whitmer at Findlay - Both teams are 4-1. Whitmer pretty much wins the league with a win assuming they take care of business the rest of the way since they've already beat Perrysburg twice. Findlay still would need to take care of business and also beat Perrysburg in a few weeks to take the title.

Southview has to be kicking themselves for losing to Ross

Assuming Findlay beats Whitmer at home, I'm not really concerned about the Perrysburg game. Trojans will have 35 FT attempts in this one. Of course, the PBurg yuppies may offset this by seeing the Zebras pregame

Southview has to be kicking themselves for losing to Ross

Assuming Findlay beats Whitmer at home, I'm not really concerned about the Perrysburg game. Trojans will have 35 FT attempts in this one. Of course, the PBurg yuppies may offset this by seeing the Zebras pregame
Do not be surprised if Whitmer beats Findlay in this one tonight. By a decent margin.

Clay
Whitmer

Southview 57
Clay 50

Micah Bays with 37. He didn't miss. He makes the game look way too easy. Effortless. Although Clay lost they battled all night. Armstead has them playing really hard and buying in to the program. They are headed in the right direction. They have a really solid Freshman class too.

Southview 57
Clay 50

Micah Bays with 37. He didn't miss. He makes the game look way too easy. Effortless. Although Clay lost they battled all night. Armstead has them playing really hard and buying in to the program. They are headed in the right direction. They have a really solid Freshman class too.
Armstead should get COY honors. Clay has been bad, check that, they have been really bad, over the past decade and as such at the end of last season the program was in about as bad of a place as it has been, which says something. To even compete this season, with essentially one true year round basketball kid on the roster, who is a freshman, says something.

I would like to see any ranking now to have the b*lls to rank Whitmer ahead of Findlay

To heck with being shy...

BALLS!
Yeah after watching that first mollywhomping at Whitmer one could tell that was no fluke. Last night proved that to those who might of thought otherwise.

Friday 2/23 in Findlay will be circled on the calendar. Me thinks Findlay will be better prepared for that Boyce D this time around.

Some clinching scenarios tonight:

Findlay can clinch a share of the Buckeye Division with a win tonight at Northview.
Southview can clinch a share of the Cardinal Division with a win tonight at Napoleon and a Clay loss vs Fremont.

Buckeye Division:
Findlay 5-1
Whitmer 4-2
Perrysburg 4-2
Anthony Wayne 1-4
Northview 0-5

Cardinal Division:
Southview 6-1
Clay 5-2
Napoleon 4-3
Bowling Green 3-4
Fremont 2-5
Springfield 1-6

Standings for all NLL Games (just for fun):
Findlay 10-1
Whitmer 9-2
Perrysburg 8-3
Southview 8-4
Clay 6-5
Anthony Wayne 5-5
Napoleon 5-6
Northview 3-8
Bowling Green 3-8
Fremont 3-9
Springfield 1-10

Last week of the regular season, what’s everyone’s thoughts on the season. Surprises, disappointments, or just anything as we head into the tournament.

Last week of the regular season, what’s everyone’s thoughts on the season. Surprises, disappointments, or just anything as we head into the tournament.

Surprises:

Findlay - just a group of tough kids that can all dribble, pass, and shoot and have played together their whole lives. Mix in an organized, prepared coach and you have the recipe for an overachieving season, which is exactly what they have done.

Clay - Having the best season that school has had in 20 years. Props to those kids and the coaching staff for being in this position. It would take Southview getting upset, but the Eagles can still win the league!

Disappointments:

Whitmer - Overall, they are having a great season and they can absolutely make it to state. I know it's harsh to call their season a disappointment, but just in terms of the league, I am going to. They are the best team in the NLL. Plain and simple. To lose to Findlay in the manner that they did TWICE, just shouldn't happen. They should have won the league.

Napoleon - This one is relative. After starting 10-1 on the season, the Wildcats are 2-7 in their last 9 games. 12-8 is nothing to scoff at, but after the start they had, it is a disappointing season.

Surprises:

Findlay - just a group of tough kids that can all dribble, pass, and shoot and have played together their whole lives. Mix in an organized, prepared coach and you have the recipe for an overachieving season, which is exactly what they have done.

Clay - Having the best season that school has had in 20 years. Props to those kids and the coaching staff for being in this position. It would take Southview getting upset, but the Eagles can still win the league!

Disappointments:

Whitmer - Overall, they are having a great season and they can absolutely make it to state. I know it's harsh to call their season a disappointment, but just in terms of the league, I am going to. They are the best team in the NLL. Plain and simple. To lose to Findlay in the manner that they did TWICE, just shouldn't happen. They should have won the league.

Napoleon - This one is relative. After starting 10-1 on the season, the Wildcats are 2-7 in their last 9 games. 12-8 is nothing to scoff at, but after the start they had, it is a disappointing season.
I just don't understand why you believe Whitmer is a better basketball team than than Findlay. I would have expected it to be that way at the beginning of the season, but clearly not anymore.

Fremont Ross athletics are pretty down & in need of a reboot. At this point I'd say Sandusky & TC are noticeably doing better athletically at the moment
I agree Ross is down, but Sandusky and Tiffin noticeably better? Sandusky is down in many sports except Boys Basketball and besides Football, what is TC doing to set the world on fire?