cincysports4

Lets get the board some action....
Who will be the top in 2022?

D1: MND's world. State champs.

D:2: Summit is always there. Badin, new coach. They are always there. Wyoming coming off a D2 state final, will they return? Does Indian Hill return to being the top dog?

D:3 CCD is theres to lose every year.

Sorry don't know much about the outlook. Just opening the dialogue.

The question will be more on this topic who comes back? Will all the girls who have already committed come back? Will some girls who have no more to accomplish at the HS level but have yet to commit go and play club in fall to seal the deal?

D1 - agreed on MND. Coming out of Cincinnati is always tough, but I would expect the usuals - Loveland, Mason
D2 - Summit is always there until IH draws them, IH is still in building mode but they're well coached - could surprise someone, Wyoming should pick up right where they left off. Badin as well, despite a new coach. Others in the hunt: Ross - don't overlook them, Taylor could surprise someone also
D3 - further north, but believe it's Waynesville's to lose. CCD will challenge, but lose a lot to graduation this year - another very well coached team. Mariemont loses a huge playmaker, but returns a solid senior loaded field. Madeira has Cochran playing a level above most others - always a contender. Does CHCA have enough around their ECNL players to knock someone off?

D1 - MND will be strong and handily win a weak GGCL and make a deep run again. They lose two impactful senior midfielders. Don;t know much about their keeper but only 6 goals allowed is impressive. The GMC will be led by Oak Hills with Mason loosing so many to graduation 37 of their 47 goals were scored by seniors and well over half their assists were from seniors. If Oak Hills Defense can step up they will make a deep run they have a 1-2 punch in attack unlike anyone in D1 locally with Pennekamp and Kuerze. ECC I'm picking Milford they played everyone tough last year tied MND on the road and lost in overtime to Centerville in the playoffs. Bring back their stud sophomore forward and their keeper. The team is young and should be good again. Centerville has to be mentioned. They were led by underclassmen all year. Losing Colopy in goal will be the biggest test and while Jeng never contributed big numbers her HS career she was a huge difference maker on the field. If they can figure out the keeper situation they will challenge for the area's top team.

D2 - Wyoming will be good in D2 but great I'm not sure. It seemed like the shoe was going to drop every week but they managed to stay alive. they lose their best keeper in years and their top scorer. But after last years run they deserve to be included. Indian Hill came on strong at the end of the year but losing the backbone of the D will hurt. If Fiore and Vigran can work together they could put up some goals. Badin loses the best keeper in the area that kept them alive in so many games and they really had serious trouble scoring. Alter and Monroe both kinda under performed last year. Not bad but not great. Monroe doesn't really lose anyone and they were a deep run team. Taylor was a team last year that surprised me as was Batavia and they only lose their keeper.

D3 - Mariemont will be in a small rebuilding year. If they were going to do it last year was the year, and they fell short. Losing Murphy the catalyst of their offense and Dewey a 4 year starter in goal along with their #2 scorer in O'Brien puts tons of pressure on Tritsch and Muller. Mariemont is very well coached and they seem to reload every year with some surprise players. I half expect to be surprised this year. CCD keeps their talented keeper but loses arguably one of the better high school forwards in the state with Moorman and their assist leader in the elder Zimmerman. Both graduate and were HUGE impacts on the field for them. As well as Robinson who played a ton of minutes on D. The younger Zimm's are both very good and they will build around them. Nobody outcoaches her so they have to be mentioned. Waynesville went deep last year and won state this year knocking off a whole host of top ranked teams including #1 CCD. They lose their starting midfielder to graduation but the same thing happened in 2020 and the 2020 mid had much better numbers than this years. Having Erbach return who is just a Junior next year, they return the leading goal scorer in the area (with more lifetime points than any returning player in the tri state), the leading assist maker in Frese and their keeper with a huge amount of shutouts and 173 saves that allowed no goals in the playoffs. Has to make them the odds on favorites from the area. Madeira if Cochran stays healthy they had some good to great freshman last year that they can build on.

Thought Seton was pretty great last year and lost only two starters. Bringing back entire front five. Just saying..Dark horse?

Seton should be very good this season. Ursula could make a run if the coaches decide to take the top talent and not favor their club players and friends.

There could be some changes in divisioning this time around. Let's readdress when we know for sure who is in what division.

I think DI will be fun to watch, MND will be very good again, PK is a hard worker and dangerous anytime she has the ball at her feet Lammers the goalie is on Sam's club team and she's legit. With Becca gone from Badin I can't think of a better person to have in the net than Allie. Fields back on D again they did not lose a step on Defense after Carpenter went out, they just have a lot of depth. Last years 9th graders will make more impact this year too. They work hard to find PK and she makes teams pay. Big, aggressive on the ball, strong, fast. I'm a fan. Milford and Centerville will contend again and Beavercreek figured things out after a rough start and they should be getting their best midfielder back who missed last year with a knee injury and they will be solid. My pick - MND

In DII, Monroe I'm told will be getting a very talented player from the 05 GA choosing to play this year if not two of them. They were good last year but had a couple holes. If the info I'm getting is accurate this will help them a lot. Oakwood didn't lose a single impact player they were all Juniors or underclassmen last year. They impressed in 2020 and in 2021. That should be a good squad. They know their strengths and they play to them well. In Waynesville I believe we will move to DII this year. they have open enrollment kids (including mine) and their base numbers are already close. The core of the team remains intact. We should add a quality freshman D/MF. I'd say 50/50 we move to DII Wyoming will be good again, and so will Alter and Summit always has to be in the conversation. My pick - Monroe

For DIII as someone mentioned CCD loses a lot, but still has talent and will add talent. She always coaches to win and they play with an edge, I'm not sure how they fill the hole Jada leaves but I bet she finds a way. Madeira is ready for a breakout year, assuming Molly plays. Still good without her but she's a difference maker. I can't see Mariemont just fading away. My Pick - CCD unless Molly plays and then I go with Madeira.

Last edited:
If Bellbrook drops to d-2 (they are down 20 females over last cycle) they will be in the mix. Lots of young talent.

D1 - MND will be strong and handily win a weak GGCL and make a deep run again. They lose two impactful senior midfielders. Don;t know much about their keeper but only 6 goals allowed is impressive. The GMC will be led by Oak Hills with Mason loosing so many to graduation 37 of their 47 goals were scored by seniors and well over half their assists were from seniors. If Oak Hills Defense can step up they will make a deep run they have a 1-2 punch in attack unlike anyone in D1 locally with Pennekamp and Kuerze. ECC I'm picking Milford they played everyone tough last year tied MND on the road and lost in overtime to Centerville in the playoffs. Bring back their stud sophomore forward and their keeper. The team is young and should be good again. Centerville has to be mentioned. They were led by underclassmen all year. Losing Colopy in goal will be the biggest test and while Jeng never contributed big numbers her HS career she was a huge difference maker on the field. If they can figure out the keeper situation they will challenge for the area's top team.

D2 - Wyoming will be good in D2 but great I'm not sure. It seemed like the shoe was going to drop every week but they managed to stay alive. they lose their best keeper in years and their top scorer. But after last years run they deserve to be included. Indian Hill came on strong at the end of the year but losing the backbone of the D will hurt. If Fiore and Vigran can work together they could put up some goals. Badin loses the best keeper in the area that kept them alive in so many games and they really had serious trouble scoring. Alter and Monroe both kinda under performed last year. Not bad but not great. Monroe doesn't really lose anyone and they were a deep run team. Taylor was a team last year that surprised me as was Batavia and they only lose their keeper.

D3 - Mariemont will be in a small rebuilding year. If they were going to do it last year was the year, and they fell short. Losing Murphy the catalyst of their offense and Dewey a 4 year starter in goal along with their #2 scorer in O'Brien puts tons of pressure on Tritsch and Muller. Mariemont is very well coached and they seem to reload every year with some surprise players. I half expect to be surprised this year. CCD keeps their talented keeper but loses arguably one of the better high school forwards in the state with Moorman and their assist leader in the elder Zimmerman. Both graduate and were HUGE impacts on the field for them. As well as Robinson who played a ton of minutes on D. The younger Zimm's are both very good and they will build around them. Nobody outcoaches her so they have to be mentioned. Waynesville went deep last year and won state this year knocking off a whole host of top ranked teams including #1 CCD. They lose their starting midfielder to graduation but the same thing happened in 2020 and the 2020 mid had much better numbers than this years. Having Erbach return who is just a Junior next year, they return the leading goal scorer in the area (with more lifetime points than any returning player in the tri state), the leading assist maker in Frese and their keeper with a huge amount of shutouts and 173 saves that allowed no goals in the playoffs. Has to make them the odds on favorites from the area. Madeira if Cochran stays healthy they had some good to great freshman last year that they can build on.
Weak GGCL? Put the opioids and bourbon away, doc, or maybe stay in your D2-D4 lane. The best three teams in the city/area last year were MND, Seton and St Ursula. Hell, Ursuline tied Mason and ‘Boro . . . .

Weak GGCL? Put the opioids and bourbon away, doc, or maybe stay in your D2-D4 lane. The best three teams in the city/area last year were MND, Seton and St Ursula. Hell, Ursuline tied Mason and ‘Boro . . . .
St. Ursula was a top 3 team last year? Huh...

MND and Seton had great seasons last year and should both be solid this year, but Ursula was awful (6-8-2), definitely not top 3 in the city

MND and Seton had great seasons last year and should both be solid this year, but Ursula was awful (6-8-2), definitely not top 3 in the city
Okay, I suppose I went too far with St. Ursula as 3rd best team. But “awful”? C’mon, man. This goes to the core of my point/argument against EC’s lazy, ignorant and indefensible (and perhaps malicious?) statement that GGCL is weak. St. Ursula’s record (which I see online as 7-7-2, not 6-8-2) was mediocre b/c of the opposite of what EC said: rather, b/c the GGCL is hands-down the most challenging D-1 conference in the city/area. Those 7 losses: (i) 2-1 and 1-0 to Mason; (ii) 1-0 and 5-3 to MND (noting that MND won state final 4-0 . . . .); (iii) 4-3 to Seton (tied the second game with Seton . . . ); (iv) 1-0 to Centerville; and (v) 2–0 to Mercy McCauley, which is the only “bad” loss. Point is, GGCL is at the top of the local food chain, and the rest of y’all can try to tell yourselves otherwise, but you’re just fighting for scraps.

Last edited:
Okay, I suppose I went too far with St. Ursula as 3rd best team. But “awful”? C’mon, man. This goes to the core of my point/argument against EC’s lazy, ignorant and indefensible (and perhaps malicious?) statement that GGCL is weak. St. Ursula’s record (which I see online as 7-7-2, not 6-8-2) was mediocre b/c of the opposite of what EC said: rather, b/c the GGCL is hands-down the most challenging D-1 conference in the city/area. Those 7 losses: (i) 2-1 and 1-0 to Mason; (ii) 1-0 and 5-3 to MND (noting that MND won state final 4-0 . . . .); (iii) 4-3 to Seton (tied the second game with Seton . . . ); (iv) 1-0 to Centerville; and (v) 2–0 to Mercy McCauley, which is the only “bad” loss. Point is, GGCL is at the top of the local food chain, and the rest of y’all can try to tell yourselves otherwise, but you’re just fighting for scraps.

The GGCL is the league top to bottom. Even last year when Ursuline was down and exited early in the playoffs they competed and tied many of the upper teams from the other divisions. IMO the next best D1 conference is the ECC. The difference between the GGCL and the ECC and GMC is simple. The worst teams in the GGCL tend to beat the mid level teams in the other divisions. Last year Ursuline the worst team in the GGCL beat Hamilton, Little Miami, Colerain and tied Lakota West, Springboro, and Mason. Lost 1-0 to Lebanon. The proof is in the numbers...

Well the numbers prove something.

SUA - Losing non conference record - They did however beat 2 non conference teams with a winning record, D2 summit that is really D3 sized, and Walnut Hills but walnut hills has Ponitz, New Richmond, Colerain and Winton Woods on their schedule.
MM - Losing non conference record - The 4 non conference games they did win were against not a single team with a winning record.
Ursuline - 4-2-3 Non conference with the 4 wins being, Colerain, Princeton, Little Miami and Hamilton. Not a winning record between any of the 4 teams.

Now the GGCL is not as bad as say the GMC that had a terrible year (again) but outside of Seton and MND?????

Also I do enjoy a good Bourbon, but Opioids make one a little too non compos mentis even for me.

Well the numbers prove something.

SUA - Losing non conference record - They did however beat 2 non conference teams with a winning record, D2 summit that is really D3 sized, and Walnut Hills but walnut hills has Ponitz, New Richmond, Colerain and Winton Woods on their schedule.
MM - Losing non conference record - The 4 non conference games they did win were against not a single team with a winning record.
Ursuline - 4-2-3 Non conference with the 4 wins being, Colerain, Princeton, Little Miami and Hamilton. Not a winning record between any of the 4 teams.

Now the GGCL is not as bad as say the GMC that had a terrible year (again) but outside of Seton and MND?????

Also I do enjoy a good Bourbon, but Opioids make one a little too non compos mentis even for me.
I appreciate the half-a_ _ attempt at the “EC analytics” that you provided over the course of last season that took no account of scores and lacked a deep enough dive into quality of opponent (hell, nobody has the time to do more, even those professionals who take Monday and Friday off (kudos btw, that’s the dream . . .)).

But to simplify or boil this down: (1) if MND was clearly best in the entirety of state (beating teams in final four by more than they beat 3rd best team in GGCL, SUA), (2) Seton was arguably second best in city, and (3) the GGCL’s last-place team tied teams such as Mason, Boro and West, then how can you call GGCL weak?

Which conference is better and why?

Last edited:
I think DI will be fun to watch, MND will be very good again, PK is a hard worker and dangerous anytime she has the ball at her feet Lammers the goalie is on Sam's club team and she's legit. With Becca gone from Badin I can't think of a better person to have in the net than Allie. Fields back on D again they did not lose a step on Defense after Carpenter went out, they just have a lot of depth. Last years 9th graders will make more impact this year too. They work hard to find PK and she makes teams pay. Big, aggressive on the ball, strong, fast. I'm a fan. Milford and Centerville will contend again and Beavercreek figured things out after a rough start and they should be getting their best midfielder back who missed last year with a knee injury and they will be solid. My pick - MND

In DII, Monroe I'm told will be getting a very talented player from the 05 GA choosing to play this year if not two of them. They were good last year but had a couple holes. If the info I'm getting is accurate this will help them a lot. Oakwood didn't lose a single impact player they were all Juniors or underclassmen last year. They impressed in 2020 and in 2021. That should be a good squad. They know their strengths and they play to them well. In Waynesville I believe we will move to DII this year. they have open enrollment kids (including mine) and their base numbers are already close. The core of the team remains intact. We should add a quality freshman D/MF. I'd say 50/50 we move to DII Wyoming will be good again, and so will Alter and Summit always has to be in the conversation. My pick - Monroe

For DIII as someone mentioned CCD loses a lot, but still has talent and will add talent. She always coaches to win and they play with an edge, I'm not sure how they fill the hole Jada leaves but I bet she finds a way. Madeira is ready for a breakout year, assuming Molly plays. Still good without her but she's a difference maker. I can't see Mariemont just fading away. My Pick - CCD unless Molly plays and then I go with Madeira.
Looking like they will get the Senior to be but no the Junior.

'Same as it ever was' here on Yappi: it's all about the Cincy area......and the rest of the State doesn't exist, apparently......
If you had more members from the rest of the state contributing to the conversation, you'd have more areas being talked about. Just sayin ??‍♂️

We speak what we know ?‍♂️
Speaking of which.. Monroe is adding a 05 GA midfielder (Marshall U commit) and 3 really talented freshmen, 2 of which look to start. All Conference keeper, midfielder and forward forward return along with Miltenberger in the back. Best (on paper) Monroe team probably ever. All that said, the GA player will be the best player on the field most games they play.

Last edited:
Late entry, but regarding GWOC...

From a club perspective, the '04 and '05 classes in the area honestly aren't as strong as recent years, especially when compared to the 01 and 02 classes. So surprising strength, if any, will likely come from upcoming freshmen and sophomores. Of course, there are a few upper classmen that will still shine, but the GWOC as a whole won't be as competitive I'm afraid.

That said, I expect Centerville to lead the way with offense, followed closely behind by Beavercreek. Both teams have questions marks on D, however. Some of those questions should be answered by Week 4, with early tests against Walsh Jesuit and Olentangy Liberty on Centerville's schedule, along with Milford, MND, and Hilliard Bradley on Beavercreek's. Worth noting that Centerville is already out to a great start. Miamisburg should have the edge over Springboro for 3rd, and I think Northmont falls completely off the radar. So in a nutshell, pretty much the status quo for the conference with Centerville and Creek vying for the top spot.

MND, St. Ursula, and Milford looking like the teams to beat in the region. Not sure how the Columbus area is shaping out yet.

Milford will give SW Ohio a run. They return their best players and added three new starters they didn’t have last year. They tied MND on the road and have them at home this year. They play Beavercreek this weekend so they have upgraded their schedule. Went undefeated until District final and lost to Centerville 1-0 in overtime. Best Mason and several GCCL trams in scrimmages this year. Better than last year.

Milford will give SW Ohio a run. They return their best players and added three new starters they didn’t have last year. They tied MND on the road and have them at home this year. They play Beavercreek this weekend so they have upgraded their schedule. Went undefeated until District final and lost to Centerville 1-0 in overtime. Best Mason and several GCCL trams in scrimmages this year. Better than last year.

I have seen Milford and MND already this year and know many of the girls on both teams. IMO MND is 1 and Milford is 1A. The only thing that can get in either teams way is the unforeseen. MND is so balanced its ridiculous with both great d1 level offensive and defensive players and a deep bench that would start on most teams. Milford has a lot of talent but they may have some of the holes that can rear their ugly head in public school teams. A smaller/younger bench and playing in a league that has some duds in it may affect them as the season goes on . It will be fun to watch what happens though.

Hard to gauge a team that hasn't played 1 game of the season yet.
1st Week Poll shows:
1. MND
2. Milford
3. Oak Hills
4. SUA
5. Seton
6. Loveland
7. Mason
8. Anderson
9. Lakota East
10. Turpin

After the 1st week I think the Top 6 are all slightly above the rest of the pack. Lots of games left, obviously. Some good matchups coming up. Look forward to:
MND vs SUA. MND vs Seton. Seton vs SUA. Oak Hills vs Milford. Oak Hills vs Seton. MND vs Milford. Milford vs Loveland.

So it will be good to see some top 5 matchups this season!

Last edited:
Milford’s league could be a benefit be the time they get to the postseason. Fresher legs and less injuries.

Milford’s league could be a benefit be the time they get to the postseason. Fresher legs and less injuries.
ECC league slate tougher than most. GGCL and maybe GWOC are arguably tougher. GMC is weak this year. Milford plays Beavercreek, MND, Oak Hills, and Seton out of conference and wraps up with Loveland last game of the regular season. They have some tough matchups.

ECC league slate tougher than most. GGCL and maybe GWOC are arguably tougher. GMC is weak this year. Milford plays Beavercreek, MND, Oak Hills, and Seton out of conference and wraps up with Loveland last game of the regular season. They have some tough matchups.
Agreed. ECC is tougher than most think. GWOC outside of 3 teams is blowouts. GGCL having to play everyone twice is brutal. No easy games.

Milford is legit. That's a very, very good team. Loveland "should" be the best of the rest. Nobody else in the conference has had any consistency for years and WW is the ECC's equivalent to the GWOC's Springfield, and the GMC's Hamilton. Maybe worse. I think that keeper had over 350 saves a year and still gave up like 60 or 70 goals a year, that means they had probably 450-600 shots taken against them a year counting the ones not on frame. I cant imagine. It's like what happened to Ohio State women's soccer program last week vs BYU just not in the same class.