2022 VASJ Vikings Football: Official Thread

Their competitiveness all depends on how big of a shopping spree Rotsky went on this off-season. I have to imagine they don’t have a lot of salary cap room left after last seasons shopping. I’m sure there is some wiggle room as we know VASJ will not depend upon the draft to develop home grown talent.
Let’s be honest…. That was pretty funny!

falling GIF
HEY YO. It is a pleasure to have the PETMAN chiming in for an education on WINNING. The Mass. boys always show up after another crisis end to a season. You act like your competitive balance number is zero. You still need to get in touch with reality after your hiatus from Yappi. CHARLIE SHEEN.

HEY YO. It is a pleasure to have the PETMAN chiming in for an education on WINNING. The Mass. boys always show up after another crisis end to a season. You act like your competitive balance number is zero. You still need to get in touch with reality after your hiatus from Yappi. CHARLIE SHEEN.
Crisis is a good description. Those guys are the only ones to get suspended from yappi after their team loses.

The way I look at it is, if you are a winner in life it's not that big a deal if your team loses a game.
If you're not a winner...suspension.

I guess that's why VASJ guys don't get suspended on yappi at nearly the same rate as posters from other teams
We enjoy WINNERS over here on our sight, so, welcome PCBUCK. The wannabes at Mass. come over here to get some insight on CHARLIE SHEEN. Their lives are so out of balance that they are in a constant state of emergency. If the PETMAN was on suspension then he has more problems than we all thought. BI-WINNING.

We enjoy WINNERS over here on our sight, so, welcome PCBUCK. The wannabes at Mass. come over here to get some insight on CHARLIE SHEEN. Their lives are so out of balance that they are in a constant state of emergency. If the PETMAN was on suspension then he has more problems than we all thought. BI-WINNING.
Thanks for the warm welcome. VASJ will be back in both football and basketball. Too good of a history to not be. 1 OHSAA state title in football and 7 OHSAA state championships in boys basketball. 8-7 in championship games in the 2 biggest sports. They've performed on the biggest stage and won more often than not. That's what they call WINNING.

Because of all the OHSAA championships in Bball I didn't realize how many titles the Vikings have won in other sports. 19 OHSAA state titles in 7 different sports is impressive indeed.

Thanks for the warm welcome. VASJ will be back in both football and basketball. Too good of a history to not be. 1 OHSAA state title in football and 7 OHSAA state championships in boys basketball. 8-7 in championship games in the 2 biggest sports. They've performed on the biggest stage and won more often than not. That's what they call WINNING.

Because of all the OHSAA championships in Bball I didn't realize how many titles the Vikings have won in other sports. 19 OHSAA state titles in 7 different sports is impressive indeed.
Should of been 20 but that 2014 state final against Lima CC still bugs me how lackadaisical the team played but the past is the past.

Ursuline added VASJ because Boardman cancelled their annual meeting with the Irish. Four Boardman Junior High boys decided on UHS for the fall and, as usual, the public school accused the Catholic school of stealing them away. The Boardman vs. Ursuline rivalry stretched all the way back to 1968. Ursuline & St. Joseph met off and on thru mid '60s to mid '70s.

Ursuline added VASJ because Boardman cancelled their annual meeting with the Irish. Four Boardman Junior High boys decided on UHS for the fall and, as usual, the public school accused the Catholic school of stealing them away. The Boardman vs. Ursuline rivalry stretched all the way back to 1968. Ursuline & St. Joseph met off and on thru mid '60s to mid '70s.
Sat amongst your fans at Euclid for this past state semi-finals against Port Clinton. Really enjoyed the passion and love of their team. Can't wait.

Ursuline vs. St. Joseph
1965-St. Joseph 21, Ursuline 14
1968-St. Joseph 8, Ursuline 0
1969-St. Joseph 14, Ursuline 12 (Ursuline's only loss)
1973-Ursuline 33, St. Joseph 23
1974-St. Joseph 18, Ursuline 16

Official schedule for VASJ football 2022 that was released and and the original post has been updated to reflect the schedule.
It’s March and football season again, will be here before we know it come August. A lot of uncertainties exist within the program. How will the team rebound from the early exit thanks to Glenville (who also ironically knocked out the basketball team in the playoffs as well), where will Vikings play their home games at? And will VASJ remain independent after being bounced from the Crown Conference after just a season? A lot remains but one certainty we do have is that there will be Viking football this fall. I’m curious to see how the roster will pan out as we all know what Rotsky can pull and after the controversy from last season, will it resurface? Maybe. Do I hope it doesn’t happen again? Absolutely. Either way, here are the results from last season curtesy of

Week 1 vs CVCA W 44-12
Week 2 @ Holy Name W 34-16
Week 3 @ Lakeside W 49-26
Week 6 @ Walsh Jesuit L 20-50
Week 7 vs Lake Catholic W 49-20
Week 8 @ Ursuline W 46-28
Week 9 @ NDCL W 56-35
Week 11 * vs Hawken W 44-21
Week 12 * vs Glenville L 13-34

After the disappointing loss to Glenville, it was clear the Vikings were outsized, outpaced, and had no match against the Tarblooders. If they want to beat teams with similar skills to Glenville or Glenville itself (pending how the CB numbers go), hitting the weight room is a must! QB play can’t be one dimensional and will need to be able to throw the ball of the run game is not there. We will see if improvements were made from last season.

Below is the schedule as of 3/5/22 via arbiter and is yet to be completed. FYI, VASJ is playing an independent as they have been ousted from the Crown Conference. Notable games for the Vikings are against Holy Name, Wheeling Park (WV)(Did not play last year due to Covid), Bishop Hartley (first meeting since 2011), and Wooster:

Week 1 Cleveland JFK 8/19 or 8/20
Week 2 vs Holy Name 8/26
Week 3 @ Youngstown East 9/2
Week 4 vs Wheeling Park (WV) 9/9
Week 5 vs Cleveland Central Catholic 9/16 Week 6 @ Collinwood 9/23
Week 7 Vs Bishop Hartley 9/30
Week 8 Vs Ursuline 10/7 or 10/8
Week 9 @ Lake Catholic 10/15 @ Mentor HS
Week 10 @ Wooster 10/21

Please be advised, please keep discussion at least civil and on topic. We do not need to have this thread shutdown due to constant banter.

Overall a very tough schedule compared to last season

Badin (D-III State Runner Up)
Wheeling Park (Consistently over .500 and playoff contender in WV)
Bishop Hartley (D-III/IV contender year in and year out)
Ursuline (D-IV runner up)
Wooster (Consistently over .500 and playoff contender)

To act as if what Boardman complained about isn’t true is laughable to me it happens big time with reardon and always will. It doesn’t bother me they get players to
Play for them at all, but I don’t blame Boardman for saying ok we’re not gonna play then go travel somewhere else