2022 St. Ignatius Football

It's a major generational thing. I wish my Dad was still here to experience it since he was the reason I fell in love with the school, his being an alumnus, and no small part of it was coach Kyle from back in the late 80s and onward. A great flooding of memories from personal with my dad at those games when I was 9 and 10, to my years there, including Chaucer and Shakespeare, to attending his last game, whenever it is in the coming weeks, 33+ years later. There won't be another like him in my lifetime. What a servant

I am assuming Massillon beats McKinley and Cleveland Central Catholic beats Warrensville Heights. (and that Collinwood actually did beat John Adams last night)
That would leave Ignatius at 5, and have them playing 12 seed, which makes it GlenOak @ Ignatius. I'd think that is actually a tough round 1 draw.

I am assuming Massillon beats McKinley and Cleveland Central Catholic beats Warrensville Heights. (and that Collinwood actually did beat John Adams last night)
That would leave Ignatius at 5, and have them playing 12 seed, which makes it GlenOak @ Ignatius. I'd think that is actually a tough round 1 draw.
Any game above a few of the obvious in Region 1 is going to be tough for the this Ignatius team.

The offense, now riddled with injuries, can't move the ball, or block.

The defense struggles massively against the run.

A win or two in the playoffs depending on the draw looks to be the ceiling.

I didn't attend last night and having spoken to folks who did, regret not making the effort. It sounded pretty unforgettable for all in attendance. A proper sendoff.

Any game above a few of the obvious in Region 1 is going to be tough for the this Ignatius team.

The offense, now riddled with injuries, can't move the ball, or block.

The defense struggles massively against the run.

A win or two in the playoffs depending on the draw looks to be the ceiling.
Agree, 1 or 2 wins max. Would be fitting to end it all vs Eds week 3, but if win next week, I think a cle hts matchup is pretty bad

If Massillon wins, we have John Marshall (and week 2 Cle Hts. If McKinley wins, we have Glenoak (and week 2 Medina).

I had a suspicion when I posted above that Collinwood did not actually beat John Adams (It shows as Collinwood 14-7 on MaxPreps)

Been following the team (went to the Ed’s and Moeller games) but haven’t posted this year yet. Very bittersweet year. As a few of you have said, there has always been one consistent thing when attending games over the last 30 years and it was Kyle. Heck, he even outlasted the old (and better) Ignatius logo!

I do wonder if last night was partially a test run at hosting varsity games at Ignatius. Whether at Wasmer or a future field.

Be cool to see an Ignatius-Marshall matchup again, despite the fact that the Wildcats should win easily (much to this CMSD album's dismay). That probably hasn't happened since the West Senate days, I imagine

Been following the team (went to the Ed’s and Moeller games) but haven’t posted this year yet. Very bittersweet year. As a few of you have said, there has always been one consistent thing when attending games over the last 30 years and it was Kyle. Heck, he even outlasted the old (and better) Ignatius logo!

I do wonder if last night was partially a test run at hosting varsity games at Ignatius. Whether at Wasmer or a future field.
I had the same thought last night. I wonder how it was for the kids not having to board a bus for a home game.

My only real concern if that ever happens in the future is parking. For anyone that went last night, how was that, and I assume they utilizing the school lots?

Be cool to see an Ignatius-Marshall matchup again, despite the fact that the Wildcats should win easily (much to this CMSD album's dismay). That probably hasn't happened since the West Senate days, I imagine
I know we had some senate schools on the schedule before, after the move to independent, but can't recall if it was ever Marshall at that point

2E738F2F-4069-45E7-B68B-0083A04931F2.jpeg

I know we had some senate schools on the schedule before, after the move to independent, but can't recall if it was ever Marshall at that point
When I was at Ignatius the toughest Senate opponent outside of Holy Name was John Marshall. One of my worst Ignatius memories was sitting on the visitors side during a driving rain storm as the Cats beat the Lawyers 6-0 on a TD run by Bob Spicer.

I had the same thought last night. I wonder how it was for the kids not having to board a bus for a home game.

My only real concern if that ever happens in the future is parking. For anyone that went last night, how was that, and I assume they utilizing the school lots?
From the people I met with last night, there were not any complaints about parking. Schools lots were used and I heard these may have been reserved for FB parents and the Gold VIPs. I got there early and easily parked on one of the side streets behind Kyle-McLaughlin Field. There were plenty of open spots at that time . Departing the game, Lorain and the side streets were full of cars - notably there were a lot of cars of parents picking up their sons after the game (school was virtual yesterday and so there was no students on campus during the day). Last night, the student section was all boys (in their blue blazers), not the typical mix of kids, boys and girls, at these games which tends to generate more cars for traffic and a need for parking spots

Last CMSD Senate schools played:

Glenville (2012, 2011, 2009 - 2x, 2008 - 2x, 2007, 2006, 2004, 2003)
John Adams (2012, 2011)
JFK (2007, 2006, 2003, 1988, 1987, 1986, 1985, 1984)
Lincoln West (1986, 1983, 1982)
West Tech (1985, 1984)
East (1983)
Rhodes (1979)

The last season of the West Senate was in 1978 (vs. South, West Tech, John Marshall and Rhodes)
I think the last game Ignatius played on John Marshall Field was in 1991 vs. Padua

If that’s the case, I’d consider it a big success. Great atmosphere, although obviously will need taller bleachers to give a better vantage point of the game.

have they expanded their footprint even more? Would a new stadium fit better on Wasmer or Kyle? That pesky church and Wendy’s need to go

Last edited:
Last CMSD Senate schools played:

Glenville (2012, 2011, 2009 - 2x, 2008 - 2x, 2007, 2006, 2004, 2003)
John Adams (2012, 2011)
JFK (2007, 2006, 2003, 1988, 1987, 1986, 1985, 1984)
Lincoln West (1986, 1983, 1982)
West Tech (1985, 1984)
East (1983)
Rhodes (1979)

The last season of the West Senate was in 1978 (vs. South, West Tech, John Marshall and Rhodes)
I think the last game Ignatius played on John Marshall Field was in 1991 vs. Padua
When was the last time a CMSD school (besides Glenville) defeated St. Ignatius?

Four Senate teams have qualified for the playoffs: Glenville, John Marshall, John Hay, and Rhodes. Congrats to them.