2022 St. Ignatius Football

I like to think varsity will be closer, but from the postings here, maybe that’s right. 🙁
JV should be closer. I believe Moe has been rotating 3 diff QBs the past few games and it’s hard to get continuity.
Just my opinion, but Ignatius doesn't have the talent to match Moeller.

And the Cats are coming off a pummeling by their arch rival

Freshmen lost 12-0 at Massillon. Hasn't been the best last week for the football group.
I didn't see the game, but that would be 6 straight qtrs of no points for the freshmen (after being up 26-6 at half against Eds)

New OC or new admissions model?

I think Cleveland Saint Ignatius has plenty of Soccer, XC, hockey, Lax and baseball success brewing in the near future.
Football could hire Josh McDaniels to call the offense and still be outmanned in certain games.

New OC or new admissions model?

I think Cleveland Saint Ignatius has plenty of Soccer, XC, hockey, Lax and baseball success brewing in the near future.
Football could hire Josh McDaniels to call the offense and still be outmanned in certain games.
Were you at today's game, if not, you wouldn't have seen the obvious matchup Welo refused to try to exploit. Everyone could see it on the edge ....except him. Maybe 1 more run up the middle on 3rd and long will do the trick.

Were you at today's game, if not, you wouldn't have seen the obvious matchup Welo refused to try to exploit. Everyone could see it on the edge ....except him. Maybe 1 more run up the middle on 3rd and long will do the trick.
He is a well known troll that hates private schools. Nothing to see here.

A few takeaways from my trip yesterday. The defense for St I was impressive. I thought play calls were too vanilla for a team that very well could have beat Moe. Who the hell is #7 for St I, and why didn’t he get the ball in space more? And finally, St I fans, as always, were courteous and gracious. Good luck the rest of the way!

I agree the defense could be good, but the contain (or lack thereof) on runs or anything to the edge has become worse over the season.

Also agree regarding #7 and the passing game in general. Have said it about #7 since the first game. It's mind boggling. I fully blame Welo

The OL is not very good, so it limits what can be called. However, the playcalling has been awful in parts.

I see the same issues on all 3 levels with the offense. The schemes do not help the QBs or RBs, at least those that Ignatius has.

Finally, the LBs in the program are not what most Ignatius fans are used to seeing. The defense is predicted on those LBs doing so much. The speed is lacking in that area.

I'll take that as a no, and hence, the topic, question and answer is of no importance to you.
NIce dodge and 2 step!

Guarantee I have more experience at 3 private schools all catholic and one actually Jesuit, so you keep teeling everyone what Iggy should do and don't step-up to do it!
Out!

NIce dodge and 2 step!

Guarantee I have more experience at 3 private schools all catholic and one actually Jesuit, so you keep teeling everyone what Iggy should do and don't step-up to do it!
Out!
Good for you.

Thanks for giving us your resume. I've coached and assisted for many years. So what? I've also know the current and past coaches for years. So what?

The program is a mess. I don't care of anyone disagrees.

The current staff let it slip to embarrassing levels. This is not a closed enrollment public school. Ignatius has more advantages than any school in the state. Use them.

Last edited:
So is the sachool at maxium enrollment or not/ simple question y or no, the answer to this leads to how to get better talent? in and maybe better coaching( in some opinions)

The school is at maximum enrollment. Coaching has been too inbred with no new ideas or approaches introduced.
During Chico's title run of 11, how many new coaches were brought in? Not many if any. He and his staff won most of those titles with regular? iggy recruits, yes the draw of the school and education itself.
If enrollment is at a max are you going to tell the iggy alums whose kids wnat to go there or can't even get in now to do being full, their son
can't get in because you want a better football player to take his spot???????????????? And the probably have to get donations to cover the tuition they can' pay???????????

"inbred?" wthell! So players from a championship program of prior years are not welcome, OMG!

So you can complain all you wnat but unless you are going to pay the tuition for a kid to replace another kid, shut up!

JR will probably be available after this season from Vasj, get him!

Some of the alums here are spoiled brats now, sadly

Last edited: