2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

VV- Carlisle. Vv was the far superior team. Carlisle played to not get blown out. They ran dive with freshman RB 24 times in first half. No threat to score. In my opinion most of coaches need to be relieved of their duties at Carlisle. We will see how things shake out but I can see why they don’t get a big numbers to come out.

VV- Clark could have played but didn’t need him. They are relentless on D and see no reason why MU and them shall see a rematch. All the talk of GV and NE are non sense as these two are power houses

Consensus seems to be that the 16 team playoffs is not a good thing. I’d argue without it
teams like Eaton, Little Miami, PS and CM would’ve been sitting at home last night.
i thought they had it right at 12 teams, but there have been some pleasant surprises of teams in the 13-16 range the last 2 years.

no doubt that every team has to “earn it” almost every week. the matchups between 7-10 and 8-9 have been some great games the last few years that we would missed out on with the old format.

Consensus seems to be that the 16 team playoffs is not a good thing. I’d argue without it
teams like Eaton, Little Miami, PS and CM would’ve been sitting at home last night.
Now talk about the 75% (probably a low estimate) 13-16 that had running clocks put on them and that’s their last high school memory. 8 was the most balanced and deserving teams 16 is horrible

Now talk about the 75% (probably a low estimate) 13-16 that had running clocks put on them and that’s their last high school memory. 8 was the most balanced and deserving teams 16 is horrible
Enough near upsets or upsets to make interesting and worthwhile !

You know I was looking at the bracket this morning and I really think that Valley View or Milton Union will, one or the other, win their region and advance to the state semis. Exciting time for SWBL football (even though MU is no longer in the league)
But we are a founding member. 👍

Will the Western Brown and Monroe game be a shoot out again? Can Monroe keep up without Jackson?
Monroe has cut the penalties down the past few weeks. Jyan is a very solid fullback, more his natural position. Wouldn’t say he is better than Jackson but he is a different type of runner. Neither WB or Monroe got many stops the last time these 2 played, WB made 2 stops in second quarter to get the lead then Monroe had 2 separate fumbles inside the 5 that would have gotten them back in the game. I think Monroe has a chance in this one. Monroe has been able to get the 3rd phase of the option into their offense and that may be the difference if they can get a stop or 2

Mt Healthy isn't very good and was able to go toe to toe with WB for most of the game. If Monroe has improved on the back end of their defense then they have more than a fighters chance in this rematch.

Outside of Tipp city there’s not a ton of consistency over in the MVL, I’d say from top to bottom swbl is better
The top 2 teams from both leagues would present good games year in and year out tho
Bellbrook and Tipp always play great games
Closest example
With Bellbrook leading the recent series 3-2 since 2018 one being regional semis last year 38-7 Bellbrook winning

swbl overall is my pick right now even without the additional teams

Bellbrook travels to wapak for round 2 matchup
I think wapak wins this rematch from last years playoff game
Not sure Bellbrook has enough this year

I’ll say something like

17-10 wapak

Been out of the country for work the last 8 weeks, so I've been playing catch up with the area's football results. Doesn't seem to be any really big surprises here, and looks like VV will really have an opportunity to make a deep run. I caught up with a few folks at different programs for some insight into what's going on. Franklin seems to be very turbulent. Parents are not happy with what took place this year. It'll be interesting to see what plays out, because there is a lot of talent, especially in the trenches. I watched them early in the season, and I think QB play was lacking, albeit a very small sample size. Madison is another mess. I think the biggest thing going on here is just really bad line play on both sides. I was told that one of their players may be going back to Edgewood, and a lot of their better players may not even play next year.

Been out of the country for work the last 8 weeks, so I've been playing catch up with the area's football results. Doesn't seem to be any really big surprises here, and looks like VV will really have an opportunity to make a deep run. I caught up with a few folks at different programs for some insight into what's going on. Franklin seems to be very turbulent. Parents are not happy with what took place this year. It'll be interesting to see what plays out, because there is a lot of talent, especially in the trenches. I watched them early in the season, and I think QB play was lacking, albeit a very small sample size. Madison is another mess. I think the biggest thing going on here is just really bad line play on both sides. I was told that one of their players may be going back to Edgewood, and a lot of their better players may not even play next year.
They had like 4 seniors Madison, saw them pitiful all I can say, doubt they even miss one player.

Outside of Tipp city there’s not a ton of consistency over in the MVL, I’d say from top to bottom swbl is better
The top 2 teams from both leagues would present good games year in and year out tho
Bellbrook and Tipp always play great games
Closest example
With Bellbrook leading the recent series 3-2 since 2018 one being regional semis last year 38-7 Bellbrook winning

swbl overall is my pick right now even without the additional teams
Tipp beat Bellbrook this year.

You want to talk Basketball? highly unlikely. Dave Has done a great job the past 5 years. I have no inside info, but I assume changes will be made after this season. 13-1 last season, we've had a few 8-2 seasons, but you're right, not much has happened. Outside of VV what teams around us in 30 miles have done anything?
What about Trotwood? Nobody cares about preble shawnee football they are horrible. Thats why they got out of the league.

Who’s calling him Lombardi I simply told you who the HC was 😂. You tried to act like you had inside information about Koogle going to Carlisle like he was Lombardi with the hot off the bowl 💩 comment. I’m sure Maddox does like him but he’s probably one of the few that do.
Once again nobody gives 2 broke nickels about preble shawnee football. THey have been doormats since BC. Simply Koogle should get out of town asap. More like pee wee Arrow.

Once again nobody gives 2 broke nickels about preble shawnee football. THey have been doormats since BC. Simply Koogle should get out of town asap. More like pee wee Arrow.
If it wasn't for Kennard, Franklin wouldn't have done anything, ever. Bales left town because he could see a bunch of crybabies with no talent kids with whiney parents in the pipeline. Doesn't matter if you're talking football or basketball. I'm talking as a whole. If Koogles is so great, take him! Franklin wont win a SWBL title in the near future, count on that.

If it wasn't for Kennard, Franklin wouldn't have done anything, ever. Bales left town because he could see a bunch of crybabies with no talent kids with whiney parents in the pipeline. Doesn't matter if you're talking football or basketball. I'm talking as a whole. If Koogles is so great, take him! Franklin wont win a SWBL title in the near future, count on that.

Bales has lived in Franklin his entire life except when he attended college. I'd be willing to bet that Franklin wins at least one SWBL title in the next 3-4 years.