2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

We hurt ourselves. We went for two three separate times and came away with nothing leaving 6 points off the board. The second half when our receiver caught the ball at the 3 yard line and WOULD have scored ran straight in to the ref. The ref had no business in that position. That was a guaranteed touchdown. That drive stalled on 4th and goal right after that critical play.

The pick 6 in the 4th sealed it at the end. Carlisle outplayed Franklin for the most part throughout the game. When you’re inside the 10 yard line 3 times and come away with nothing, that hurts. Monk had a strong game for Franklin. That kid runs hard and down hill.
I agree on this statement. Carlisle played hard and outplayed them for the biggest part of game. The difference was Carlisle couldn’t stop the run. In previous games the defense has held strong. Thought the offense looked the best it has so far this year minus the picks lol. Carlisle will battle teams and have some nice pieces just need to put them all together. If they are able to sneak into playoffs might be a tough team to prepare for with the triple

Valley View - 38
Oakwood - 3

middle 4th

Another VV defensive stop, another VV TD drive. Oakwood has some players, but VV wore them out in the 2nd half. VV running game is dominating this half of football.
This is the story of Oakwood. They either don’t condition enough or they are just short on bodies. They play great in the first half and just fizzle out. Nice win for VV.

This is the story of Oakwood. They either don’t condition enough or they are just short on bodies. They play great in the first half and just fizzle out. Nice win for VV.
I watched their tv game and thought the same. Played great in the first half and then fell off dramatically.

Turn overs killed us tonight defense made some good stands, we moved the ball well just can't win giving the ball up 4 or 5 times
I thought they went toe to toe with BB. Take away all of the turnovers and they could have been in a position to win at the end of the game. I just think the turnovers really took a toll on the defense. Really took the wind out of their sails. It was evident about midway through the 3rd on.

For a D3 that is odd.
football just isn’t popular at a place like Oakwood. they’re much more invested in the country club sports, and basically any non-contact sport. they’ve had some good players but the program is just an afterthought there.

football just isn’t popular at a place like Oakwood. they’re much more invested in the country club sports, and basically any non-contact sport. they’ve had some good players but the program is just an afterthought there.
Now, maybe, but they used to be Milton’s arch-rival. Oakwood has a very strong Football history.

For a D3 that is odd.
There are many factors that are taking place at Oakwood. This is only part of the things happening here.

One topic that isn’t discussed when it comes to school class numbers in relationship to sports is the influx of Chinese children in the Oakwood schools due to Fuyao Glass. These are great kids and families, but they aren’t playing sports. It has pushed us up to D3 in numbers, but in reality as far as sports go we are not “D3”.

These are two examples of things that effect sports at Oakwood.

But IMO it’s a great place to live and raise a family.

For a D3 that is odd.
I know for certain that they had more boys out for soccer than football. Just a numbers game right now. Lack of success in one program and significant success in the other. They are a microcosm of football in America. Hundreds of thousands or maybe millions more kids playing youth soccer than football. Football is just dying slowly and we get the privilege of watching it do so, although I have to admit it is dying more slowly than i expected. It is much more expensive for the schools system to sustain. There is the injury factor. and let's face it, soccer is generally more fun to play in high school. Club soccer is serious. It is where you are scouted and recruited. High school soccer is primarily a chance to play with your buddies. Still, not sure exactly how many NFL players there are from the SWBL right now, but the one I know of for sure is from Oakwood.

There are many factors that are taking place at Oakwood. This is only part of the things happening here.

One topic that isn’t discussed when it comes to school class numbers in relationship to sports is the influx of Chinese children in the Oakwood schools due to Fuyao Glass. These are great kids and families, but they aren’t playing sports. It has pushed us up to D3 in numbers, but in reality as far as sports go we are not “D3”.

These are two examples of things that effect sports at Oakwood.

But IMO it’s a great place to live and raise a family.
I would agree, 100%. West Milton has their own NFL player, Wes Martin. Football is going through a phase. It will never die. Bank on that.

We hurt ourselves. We went for two three separate times and came away with nothing leaving 6 points off the board. The second half when our receiver caught the ball at the 3 yard line and WOULD have scored ran straight in to the ref. The ref had no business in that position. That was a guaranteed touchdown. That drive stalled on 4th and goal right after that critical play.

The pick 6 in the 4th sealed it at the end. Carlisle outplayed Franklin for the most part throughout the game. When you’re inside the 10 yard line 3 times and come away with nothing, that hurts. Monk had a strong game for Franklin. That kid runs hard and down hill.
Carlisle did not have a place kicker

Carlisle did not have a place kicker
Which is crazy. It's hard to believe that not one single kid can kick the ball. Special Teams are so important in Football. It can make you or break you! For crying out loud, at least give yourself a chance to boot one through.

Which is crazy. It's hard to believe that not one single kid can kick the ball. Special Teams are so important in Football. It can make you or break you! For crying out loud, at least give yourself a chance to boot one through.
Especially since Carlisle didn't have a soccer team due to not having enough kids to form a team. You would think one of those boys could/would kick for the football team.

Especially since Carlisle didn't have a soccer team due to not having enough kids to form a team. You would think one of those boys could/would kick for the football team.
Right. I just can't believe you can't find someone who could kick an extra point. Instead, we play like Kenton and do an onside kick / go for two type deal every single time we score. WE AREN"T KENTON lol!

Right. I just can't believe you can't find someone who could kick an extra point. Instead, we play like Kenton and do an onside kick / go for two type deal every single time we score. WE AREN"T KENTON lol!
It reminds me of when I was a kid. My Dad would yell at the TV at an Ohio State game. "50,000 f%#&ing kids, and you can't find one to kick a football!!!" lol.

I know for certain that they had more boys out for soccer than football. Just a numbers game right now. Lack of success in one program and significant success in the other. They are a microcosm of football in America. Hundreds of thousands or maybe millions more kids playing youth soccer than football. Football is just dying slowly and we get the privilege of watching it do so, although I have to admit it is dying more slowly than i expected. It is much more expensive for the schools system to sustain. There is the injury factor. and let's face it, soccer is generally more fun to play in high school. Club soccer is serious. It is where you are scouted and recruited. High school soccer is primarily a chance to play with your buddies. Still, not sure exactly how many NFL players there are from the SWBL right now, but the one I know of for sure is from Oakwood.
Oakwood has a legit soccer program too. They have their own club at the youth ages that compete at nice levels.

8B5E4A78-6F03-4F92-BB37-1779B8DD4978.png

Brookville
Eaton
Bellbrook
Monroe
Valley view.

best game of week should be Waynesville @ Eaton, I believe Eaton needs this game more but we shall see give the advantage to eagles being at home.

Week 5 Games:
Middletown Madison @ Valley View
Oakwood @ Monroe
Bellbrook @ Franklin
Waynesville @ Eaton
Carlisle @ Brookville

Oakwood has a legit soccer program too. They have their own club at the youth ages that compete at nice levels.
yes. I have relatives who are very active in it. Until this season I have covered Oakwood HS boys or girls soccer for the local newspaper for the past 10 years or so. they have legit coaches in both programs,

I know on past teams they have had a soccer player come and kick. Hard to imagine they didn't pick up a player or 2 from the soccer team.

Middletown Madison @ Valley View - 48-7
Oakwood @ Monroe - Monroe 28 -10
Bellbrook
@ Franklin - Bellbrook 35-7
Waynesville @ Eaton - Eaton 24 - 21
Carlisle @ Brookville - Brookville 48-8

Week 5 Games:
Middletown Madison @ Valley View-The Spartans name the score
Oakwood @ Monroe-Monroe bounces back at home after a couple of tough losses on the road. I'll take the Hornet by 3 or 4 scores.
Bellbrook @ Franklin-Bellbrook by 21
Waynesville @ Eaton-Eaton bounces back and wins by a couple of scores.
Carlisle @ Brookville-I was very impressed with the Blue Devils last week. Wouldn't shock me at all if they win out and make a run in region 20. I think they win this one by at least 21.