2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

Yes. Zero criminal action. Being a sleezeball isn't illegal.
As if criminal charges were needed to suspend him for an extended period of time. And the NFL wants to leave this thing by sending a strong message to the public. To the NFL…they could care less about Watson and the Browns. They don’t want another public reaction like they got with Ray Rice

As if criminal charges were needed to suspend him for an extended period of time. And the NFL wants to leave this thing by sending a strong message to the public. To the NFL…they could care less about Watson and the Browns. They don’t want another public reaction like they got with Ray Rice
I don't doubt he'll miss some games. An entire season? Even people claiming multiple years/lifetime ban? I want some of what they are smoking.

Roethlisberger raped multiple women...he is celebrated and will go to Canton year one.

Ray Lewis was complicit in a murder....he is a celebrated HOFer.

Watson hasn't been indicted let alone convicted of any crime. And he's not accused of rape, simply lewd gestures. Tough sell to say people making up stories about you is enough to deny your ability to play long term.

I would be surprised by anything less than a year. And I believe they’ll try be very clear that his fine will be more than this years salary. My only concern with him playing again would be that he’ll of been out of the league for 2 years at that point. He won’t be able to officially work out with the team until the suspension is over. Can a high level athlete come back from that type of time off? Especially at a position like QB? …that’s going to be an unknown for some time.

You’re using examples from a totally different time period. There was little to no social media. People didn’t even use internet on a daily basis. Public outcry was judged by the amount of people who showed up for actual protests.

Ray Rice changed everything. Not just in football but across all of sports and on a larger scale..the world. Since then, the move has to be to error on side of strict punishment

I would be surprised by anything less than a year. And I believe they’ll try be very clear that his fine will be more than this years salary. My only concern with him playing again would be that he’ll of been out of the league for 2 years at that point. He won’t be able to officially work out with the team until the suspension is over. Can a high level athlete come back from that type of time off? Especially at a position like QB? …that’s going to be an unknown for some time.

You’re using examples from a totally different time period. There was little to no social media. People didn’t even use internet on a daily basis. Public outcry was judged by the amount of people who showed up for actual protests.

Ray Rice changed everything. Not just in football but across all of sports and on a larger scale..the world. Since then, the move has to be to error on side of strict punishment
Ray Rice beat his wife. Watson didn’t hit anyone, hold anyone against their will, or force anyone to do anything.

Reactions: y2h
Ray Rice beat his wife. Watson didn’t hit anyone, hold anyone against their will, or force anyone to do anything.
One could successfully say being sexually assaulted has a much longer psychological effect on the victim than a physical beating

Keep tossing up excuses for his abhorrent behavior

One could successfully say being sexually assaulted has a much longer psychological effect on the victim than a physical beating

These bimbos aren’t the type that scare easy. Read all the docs. This is a money grab. Watson might be a pervert, but he didn’t lay a hand on these “masseuses” without their consent, which is still incredibly stupid…but not a crime.

These bimbos aren’t the type that scare easy. Read all the docs. This is a money grab. Watson might be a pervert, but he didn’t lay a hand on these “masseuses” without their consent, which is still incredibly stupid…but not a crime.
Aww.
Aint that cute.
You actualy believe Watson.

No. I just believe Buzbee is what he has always been, a scumbag ambulance chaser and these girls he’s recruited are what they’ve always been, Back Page bimbos looking for money.

At least if they tank this year they will get a high draft pick next year.

Oh wait.

It will all pay off in the end though when he delivers multiple SBs. In 50 years I predict that the new browns stadium they will be building soon will have a de facto name of "The House That Watson Built" and a statue will bear his likeness outside the stadium holding multiple SB trophies.

All that matters is that he wins. Those hookers posing as massage therapists should be ashamed of themselves for putting him through this. I hope he countersues and wins gazillions.

At least if they tank this year they will get a high draft pick next year.

Oh wait.

It will all pay off in the end though when he delivers multiple SBs. In 50 years I predict that the new browns stadium they will be building soon will have a de facto name of "The House That Watson Built" and a statue will bear his likeness outside the stadium holding multiple SB trophies.

All that matters is that he wins. Those hookers posing as massage therapists should be ashamed of themselves for putting him through this. I hope he countersues and wins gazillions.
Watson definitely has issues and has private and public rehabilitation to do, but this stuff he’s accused of likely isn’t going to even pass muster in a civil court setting, or Watson would already be settling and Buzbee wouldn’t feel the need to seek out public sentiment pressure to force a settlement. No way are they and the Browns unnecessarily taking all this bad PR if they think these cases have any merit. They would already be settled.

Cjb5656 - So a guy who pleasures himself, then ask ‘where do you want me to deposit this’ and then does so where it goes on the woman’s body….. that account of events isn’t going to to pass the muster in a civil court setting.

So CJB5656, you are going with the beliefs…..
* 24 women (with another possible 2 women) will all come off as Gold Diggers.
* The account that Watson went to 66 different massage therapist in a 18 month shows no predatory pattern
* the 24 plaintiffs attorney, Tony Buzbee, is a slim ball (most likely he is, he is an attorney) with an equally slimy client list of
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry in a public corruption case involving the Travis County District Attorney's Office. Those charges were dropped in 2016.
- settlements against corporations like BP over the 2009 Deepwater Horizon disaster
- a $189 million claim against the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association after 2008's Hurricane Ike ravaged the Gulf Coast.
* I am to believe Watson because his attorney Rusty Hardin defends respected individuals? Hardin’s client list includes:
- accounting firm Arthur Andersen in the Enron scandal; Victoria Osteen
- the wife of TV evangelist and bestselling author Joel Osteen
- the estate of Texas millionaire J. Howard Marshall, the deceased husband of Anna Nicole
- not to mention other high profile athletes Adrian Peterson and Calvin Murphy

Yea, Watson sounds like the #1 pick in Fantasy Football for this season.

Cjb5656 - So a guy who pleasures himself, then ask ‘where do you want me to deposit this’ and then does so where it goes on the woman’s body….. that account of events isn’t going to to pass the muster in a civil court setting.

So CJB5656, you are going with the beliefs…..
* 24 women (with another possible 2 women) will all come off as Gold Diggers.
* The account that Watson went to 66 different massage therapist in a 18 month shows no predatory pattern
* the 24 plaintiffs attorney, Tony Buzbee, is a slim ball (most likely he is, he is an attorney) with an equally slimy client list of
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry in a public corruption case involving the Travis County District Attorney's Office. Those charges were dropped in 2016.
- settlements against corporations like BP over the 2009 Deepwater Horizon disaster
- a $189 million claim against the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association after 2008's Hurricane Ike ravaged the Gulf Coast.
* I am to believe Watson because his attorney Rusty Hardin defends respected individuals? Hardin’s client list includes:
- accounting firm Arthur Andersen in the Enron scandal; Victoria Osteen
- the wife of TV evangelist and bestselling author Joel Osteen
- the estate of Texas millionaire J. Howard Marshall, the deceased husband of Anna Nicole
- not to mention other high profile athletes Adrian Peterson and Calvin Murphy

Yea, Watson sounds like the #1 pick in Fantasy Football for this season.
Pretty much all slime balls in this case, but that doesn’t mean Watson should be excessively punished.

We'll see when all the depositions come out. Watson was probably guilty of solicitation, which was aided by the Texans mass producing legal documents preventing testimony to the grand jury to indict him.

That's our society, we have no problem ignoring criminals' playing sports as long as they can make the team and are productive players!

Meanwhile do the Browns find a way to convince Mayfield to take them to the SB, which will get them a better trade when Watson returns?

Cbj5656 - That your opinion, you are 100% entitled to it and heck it may be the correct view of this situation/story but will it end up being the suspension result for Watson? Your take/belief is just way too far of a liberal one for my taste.

* 1 year NFL suspension seems a bit much
* 6 games or less seems too little based off of the prior cases of Elliott, Hunt & Roethlisberger
* 10 games with maybe a reduction to 8 games sounds about right to me…….until the next story drops on “As the Browns & Watson Turns”

We'll see when all the depositions come out. Watson was probably guilty of solicitation, which was aided by the Texans mass producing legal documents preventing testimony to the grand jury to indict him.

That's our society, we have no problem ignoring criminals' playing sports as long as they can make the team and are productive players!
He can’t be guilty of solicitation unless they were acting as prostitutes, but we all know that no massage places ever employ prostitutes. And we know all reputable spas and masseuses advertise on Craigslist, Instagram, SnapChat…

Cbj5656 - That your opinion, you are 100% entitled to it and heck it may be the correct view of this situation/story but will it end up being the suspension result for Watson? Your take/belief is just way too far of a liberal one for my taste.

* 1 year NFL suspension seems a bit much
* 6 games or less seems too little based off of the prior cases of Elliott, Hunt & Roethlisberger
* 10 games with maybe a reduction to 8 games sounds about right to me…….until the next story drops on “As the Browns & Watson Turns”
That’s where I see it landing. Eight or nine games, a hefty fine and some NFL grandstanding while handing out money to female-focused charities.

He can’t be guilty of solicitation unless they were acting as prostitutes, but we all know that no massage places ever employ prostitutes. And we know all reputable spas and masseuses advertise on Craigslist, Instagram, SnapChat…
Since the Texans made sure those involved had NDA's in place, and according to what has been released about the depositions occurring on 66 occasions, sounds likes sex for hire!

Since the Texans made sure those involved had NDA's in place, and according to what has been released about the depositions occurring on 66 occasions, sounds likes sex for hire!
In that case, why not prostitution charges both ways?

The stadium is barely 20 years old...ridiculous.
This is going to be a horrible time for CLE and Ohio over the next 5ish years, the city really doesn't have an appetite for kicking in big $s needed for what the Haslams want and like Art could be the spark that has them moving to another city like San Antonio. Everything about the current stadium is wrong, (lousy location, no roof, poor construction, etc...) so I agree that there should be a new stadium but how to pay for it. I can see the Haslams kicking in some $s but how much? To keep the Bills happy very liberal New York state is willing to roughly kick in over 50%, the county another roughly 25%, and the owners picking up the rest; what is Ohio and Cuyahoga County willing to do? If they say pound salt or offer chump change a NFL team based in Cleveland is likely going to be gone forever and the Watson drama will be just a minor distant distraction to losing a NFL team for the 2nd time in a lifetime..

This is going to be a horrible time for CLE and Ohio over the next 5ish years, the city really doesn't have an appetite for kicking in big $s needed for what the Haslams want and like Art could be the spark that has them moving to another city like San Antonio. Everything about the current stadium is wrong, (lousy location, no roof, poor construction, etc...) so I agree that there should be a new stadium but how to pay for it. I can see the Haslams kicking in some $s but how much? To keep the Bills happy very liberal New York state is willing to roughly kick in over 50%, the county another roughly 25%, and the owners picking up the rest; what is Ohio and Cuyahoga County willing to do? If they say pound salt or offer chump change a NFL team based in Cleveland is likely going to be gone forever and the Watson drama will be just a minor distant distraction to losing a NFL team for the 2nd time in a lifetime..
Nothing wrong with the current stadium. This obsession with a dome is insane. Who wants to sit inside on a beautiful September Sunday? The lake serves as a great background. Football is meant to be played in the elements. You don't see Pittsburgh and Buffalo and NY and Chicago and Green Bay crying that it's cold out.

As for the argument about getting more use out of it well who's fault is that? How many events are scheduled there throughout the summer? Plenty of opportunity to program events there outside of the season.

What sexual assault? He pulled his Wang out inappropriately, that's not assault. No one has alleged rape that I'm aware of.

Meanwhile do the Browns find a way to convince Mayfield to take them to the SB, which will get them a better trade when Watson returns?
The NDAs aren't a hindrance as evidenced by these women bringing lawsuits.

No way the politics in NEO, and even in CBus, allow it to happen. With the Intel thing happening in Columbus, with DeWine proposing to phase out the state income tax, with the state partnering to update Progessive Field and keep the Guardians in town, all signs point to Ohio getting aggressive toward growing the economy and population. Losing a high profile asset like the Browns does not compute. CLE has the infrastructure now to host major events (GOP convention, NFL draft, all star games, gay games, etc) and a Minneapolis/Indy/Detroit style dome would put the city in play for even more major events…as we see in those other cities. Tying it in with reclaiming the existing stadium and Burke land has the ability to be the centerpiece of a Cleveland renaissance. Columbus already gets plenty, but the state would have to do something prominent for the growing and robust Cincy area to balance out a major project in CLE. No matter how they do it I do not see any existing Ohio pro sports teams leaving for lack of facilities.

No way the politics in NEO, and even in CBus, allow it to happen. With the Intel thing happening in Columbus, with DeWine proposing to phase out the state income tax, with the state partnering to update Progessive Field and keep the Guardians in town, all signs point to Ohio getting aggressive toward growing the economy and population. Losing a high profile asset like the Browns does not compute. CLE has the infrastructure now to host major events (GOP convention, NFL draft, all star games, gay games, etc) and a Minneapolis/Indy/Detroit style dome would put the city in play for even more major events…as we see in those other cities. Tying it in with reclaiming the existing stadium and Burke land has the ability to be the centerpiece of a Cleveland renaissance. Columbus already gets plenty, but the state would have to do something prominent for the growing and robust Cincy area to balance out a major project in CLE. No matter how they do it I do not see any existing Ohio pro sports teams leaving for lack of facilities.
I agree and the Buffalo deal was huge because it is basically a road map for any rust belt city to stay in the pro sports game but things can change and if the right folks get in power it could be a difficult ride. Key will be the possible tax generator a swath of prime lake front real estate coming on line and what that can bring to the area. Maybe parlay it with a closed Burke and you might really have something cool on your hands.

Of the possible locations the one between Lake Ave and St. Claire in the 20s would be best. It still allows for good access to the Highways and is still walkable from the downtown hotels for events. Also keeps the muni lot tradition and has great views of the lake.

Stadium-sites3.jpg

The NDAs aren't a hindrance as evidenced by these women bringing lawsuits.
Obviously there was overwhelming evidence that wasn't available to the grand jury, that was for civil suits or there would be counter suits for their violation. Either the "victims" didn't want to risk criminal charges and then decided the cash settlements were worth the risk?