2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I don't think these kids quit at all. It's the coaches who have no clue who to play or how to put these kids in the right position to win the games. They play favoritism with players instead of the best players. Yes they've had some injuries but they been in just about every game so far with a chance to win every game except 2 of them.
Don’t say that. Fr willie who’s so intertwined with the program will say you’re wrong. You’re an idiot. Will call you every name under the sun becsuee he’s involved with the program. I agree with the folks not commenting on anything about the kids but THIS particular thread is about the adults who paint themselves as Benedictine folk hero legends / fans. They have embarrassed the program with everything said in here.

Coach Goode had a few winning seasons with Welo’s players.
He should send coach Welo a Christmas card and fruit basket. Thanking him for leaving him some talent to win wirh his first couple seasons.

but now it’s clear by the freshmen and varsity performance, Welo was never the problem and did a great job getting the proper student athletes in the building…….something Goode can not say with a straight face.

He should send coach Welo a Christmas card and fruit basket. Thanking him for leaving him some talent to win wirh his first couple seasons.

but now it’s clear by the freshmen and varsity performance, Welo was never the problem and did a great job getting the proper student athletes in the building…….something Goode can not say with a straight face.
He doesn't know anything about his own team, supposedly he's never at practice. How's he going to know who the best players are?
What each player does well and put them in a good situations instead of setting them up to fail.

He doesn't know anything about his own team, supposedly he's never at practice. How's he going to know who the best players are?
What each player does well and put them in a good situations instead of setting them up to fail.
It’s ok to miss practice. Willie said all coaches miss practices at points. Willie is a big time power player there. If he says it’s ok for the head coach to miss practices then it’s fine. Obviously things are working out for them wirh the set up they have.

It’s ok to miss practice. Willie said all coaches miss practices at points. Willie is a big time power player there. If he says it’s ok for the head coach to miss practices then it’s fine. Obviously things are working out for them wirh the set up they have.
It's working out GREAT!!!

Just saw Fr. Willie posted on the University School sham sickness issue. He is alive and maybe not so well. Just not on the Benedictine posts.
He’s been spotted???? God bless!!! A true bengal miracle. Now let’s hope that someone will bring him back home and maybe we can get him talking in here again!

9B37E94D-0F63-4E74-A4A5-FDE75B8F0D54.jpeg

I vote to keep this thing open, some Benny fans and their hubris need to get smacked by the karma wheel when deserving.

On the flip side there are a lot of supporters of other programs on this thread just piling on with self gratification, some look like this when they get done with posting>

uploads1528315820850-screen_shot_2016-04-15_at_3.22.21_pm.png.jpg

Two things to remember:

1. Things change very quickly in HS football; a program's fortunes can shoot up or down over night, just look at Walsh as an example. I would be very afraid if potentially this quick a turn around was to happen with Benny, I am sure many of these spirited comments could be clipped and saved for future use.
  2. While Benedictine is a flawed institution it is also highly resilient, it has to be to have survived for 100 years in a location that is let's say less than ideal. In the '70s Benny was supposed to on the brink of closure and Cathedral Latin was OK as they had the greater history and stronger alumni base, who closed? In the '90s it was Channel that would over take Benny, they were going coed and had a nice location close to a freeway, again look who closed. Benedictine has always had some very rough seasons but they always seemed to bounce back; guess what, they are the only program to win a title in each decade since the football tourney started in 1972. Bet against them doing the same in the '20s at your own peril.

I vote to keep this thing open, some Benny fans and their hubris need to get smacked by the karma wheel when deserving.

On the flip side there are a lot of supporters of other programs on this thread just piling on with self gratification, some look like this when they get done with posting>

uploads1528315820850-screen_shot_2016-04-15_at_3.22.21_pm.png.jpg

Two things to remember:

1. Things change very quickly in HS football; a program's fortunes can shoot up or down over night, just look at Walsh as an example. I would be very afraid if potentially this quick a turn around was to happen with Benny, I am sure many of these spirited comments could be clipped and saved for future use.
  2. While Benedictine is a flawed institution it is also highly resilient, it has to be to have survived for 100 years in a location that is let's say less than ideal. In the '70s Benny was supposed to on the brink of closure and Cathedral Latin was OK as they had the greater history and stronger alumni base, who closed? In the '90s it was Channel that would over take Benny, they were going coed and had a nice location close to a freeway, again look who closed. Benedictine has always had some very rough seasons but they always seemed to bounce back; guess what, they are the only program to win a title in each decade since the football tourney started in 1972. Bet against them doing the same in the '20s at your own peril.
Honestly respect the crap out of this lol. I agree that things can quickly change and nobody denies that. But when a good chunk of folks talk the way they did, there has to be some fun in clapping back. Why does Findy and Father Willie want out of this? Becsuee they’re too prideful and can’t hang on to the Bengal football program during a losing season?

Well said Auggie, agreed with how you started that. If you want to pull out south park references, this is how everyone saw this thread for months:

Since December 2021 this thread has been a spot for you all to talk about how D3 didn't stand a chance. Any and all doubters were called stupid. Since the first scrimmage when someone said it didn't go well until week 6, no one has been allowed to have a take other than "this is a championship caliber team". All other takes were written off as misinformed haters. Then after the most recent losses the only allowed take has been "well they gave up so it still doesn't mean they aren't good". Just own up to it. You had a fun Dec 2021 - Aug 2022. Things change quickly like you said, just don't count the chickens before they're hatched.
Oh and another thing; I, like many others, are only here because you mentioned our school in your thread. If you don’t like other schools posters, don’t talk about us.

Last edited:
Gentleman. Let’s look at the positive here.
with the clock for sure running in the second half. Will help get the team home early tonight!!!!! Beat the late night rush.

Honestly. This is the worst football team I’ve ever seen at any level. What is wrong with the RB he can’t pick up a block to save his life, can’t make a play. Has gotten QB killed multiple times., The Qb and wr’s are not on same page. Special teams are the worst. Defense can’t tackle. Seriously 😳 what is done at practice all week?

Honestly. This is the worst football team I’ve ever seen at any level. What is wrong with the RB he can’t pick up a block to save his life, can’t make a play. Has gotten QB killed multiple times., The Qb and wr’s are not on same page. Special teams are the worst. Defense can’t tackle. Seriously 😳 what is done at practice all week?
This team checked out after the Cleveland Hts game.

There's got to be some fight for pride next week. Everyone gets it, Hoban is the 50 point favorite. I don't know what's going on over on MLK, but I've never seen a Bene team roll over. I hope you guys pull off the unthinkable next week.

Auggie, great post about the persistence of Benedictine as an institution. But 2 weeks from now the moves need to be made.

Who's the outsider coaching candidate?

Status
Not open for further replies.