2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to break it to you guys, but the Tommy Z ship has sailed. Two times he was passed over already, for Carter Welo and then for the new AD Carter (and then he would've replaced Goode as HC) he is now at GA, in a BETTER job, making (MUCH) MORE money then he'd be making at Benny and I could even argue that GA is a better place to be right now. Not a better football team, but that place has a lot more direction, less confusion and an 'easier' path to exceed their expectations. He ain't coming home folks, he wanted too, but now hes a husband, a father, a head coach somewhere else. The best we can do now is wish that one of the all-time great Bengals has tremendous success over there.

Now, the bigger issues...
This has been a blaze crackling since when Schaefer left and thanks to some who I think we can all figure out, this is now closer to being a five-alarm fire then it being extinguished. Several examples; First was when Schaefer left, there was a younger already established alum ready to take over as HC and Lorber gave that job to Welo. And you know what, Lorber had that right, it was his call, he hired who he thought was the best choice (right or wrong) but what pissed that alum off and then subsequently the other alums that he had ready to join him on staff was that Lorber and/or the admin never even gave him the decency to let him know he was being passed over, let him find out like the rest of us. You don't do that stuff to outsiders, yet alone your own. Secondly, there are people now in that "inner circle" of the program who are just not good dudes. Maybe they have the ability financially to provide new cool jerseys or things like that but they are rats, plain and simple. People within the program know that but for some reasons (probably $$$) have turned the other cheek, but more importantly there are parents and perspective student-athletes who can see that too. When one kid at a school decides he is not going to be a Bengal and an adult calls him a or tells him he's not "Bengal material" that gets around and in (at least 3) cases kids who probably should or could be at Benny are not because of that guy! Lastly, its this current staff, which I was admonished for earlier this season for saying they were yellers and not teachers and now this missing practice stuff among things. Its just not the right staff, not for these kids.

Oh well, thats my two cents, I'm sure nobody will get goofy in the responses and I'm sure we won't call people idiots or attack their characters... #MoB
Coach Zagorski is doing a fantastic job at Gilmour.
If he sticks around, that program will grow and do very well.
His positive vibe combined with his skill as a football coach is off the charts on both ends.
I can't see how Benedictine didn't hire this guy, especially since Benny likes to hire alums.
He is the total package as a catholic high school head football coach.

I hope that it is not correct that the HC misses parts of practice in a non emergency situation.
If it is true then it's tough to really bring everything together into a tight unit.
In all the years I have been involved with HS football, I have never heard of that except one guy who had cancer treatments etc.
So what if he misses practice, he's been there for every victory so far this season.

What happened to the guy that told us that the Bengals should have never lost to Walsh as Walsh was a team that didn't belong on the field with Benedictine?

I said Walsh is a team Benedictine should never lose to and stand by it. Walsh is obviously a better team and program at the moment, but that should not be the case. If the Benedictine program gets the right people in place and can consistently reach its potential that we have seen at times historically then it should be on a different level compared to Walsh.

My post was less about Walsh and more about my displeasure with the current state of Benedictine football.

I said Walsh is a team Benedictine should never lose to and stand by it. Walsh is obviously a better team and program at the moment, but that should not be the case. If the Benedictine program gets the right people in place and can consistently reach its potential that we have seen at times historically then it should be on a different level compared to Walsh.

My post was less about Walsh and more about my displeasure with the current state of Benedictine football.
...and still, based on the history between the programs, completely wrong. Walsh has a winning record over Benedictine all-time.

Good luck to your Bengals. I do actually root for them and hope they turn the corner.

If you guys want a good laugh today, just read the first 5 pages of this thread. These new Benedictine posters came on here talking so much crap, not only about how great Benedictine would be this season, but also talked about former NCL schools claiming they are all afraid of Benedictine.

Fr. Willie - if you truly are the assistant AD, you are not doing your school any service on here.
Easy to jump off the band wagon. Last year after year when we were ranked #1 in the State by the AP you were probably running around waving your Bengal Pennants. Easy to jump on Coaches and kids when things go bad. These coach and work hard getting our kids prepared to play a game. No head coach is on the field for the whole practice from start to finish EVERY DAY.
I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR ALL OF YOU. This will be the last time I will respond to all these negative ignorant responses. I will answer questions from Loyal True Benedictine fans. I'm at home recovery from a case of Covid and I have to listen to this nonsense.

Easy to jump off the band wagon. Last year after year when we were ranked #1 in the State by the AP you were probably running around waving your Bengal Pennants. Easy to jump on Coaches and kids when things go bad. These coach and work hard getting our kids prepared to play a game. No head coach is on the field for the whole practice from start to finish EVERY DAY.
I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR ALL OF YOU. This will be the last time I will respond to all these negative ignorant responses. I will answer questions from Loyal True Benedictine fans. I'm at home recovery from a case of Covid and I have to listen to this nonsense.
So we should feel sorry for you now? For months you posted like you owned Benedictine talking down to your own like you know all. Now things go south and we should have a pity party. Give me a break.

Hope you feel better and I will pray for you. Lastly, I never have and never will be on the Benedictine bandwagon.

If you guys want a good laugh today, just read the first 5 pages of this thread. These new Benedictine posters came on here talking so much crap, not only about how great Benedictine would be this season, but also talked about former NCL schools claiming they are all afraid of Benedictine.

Fr. Willie - if you truly are the assistant AD, you are not doing your school any service on here.

a greater understatement was never made.
Instead of attempting to control the narrative on…..YAPPI (let that sink in) perhaps providing leadership and guidance would have been a better use of time.

of course, maybe the joke is on us. Could he really be the assistant ad?

doubtful

I hope you get better soon, but the Bengal faithful has brought this on themselves. Please reread the first 15 pages of this thread. Other team’s preseason “threads” start out A LOT more humble than this one. We’ve all read the predictions that were stated as FACTS by the Bengal faithful throughout the beginning of this thread and just because it won’t come to fruition it has now turned ugly!

“It’s your REACTION to adversity, NOT the adversity itself, that determines how your life’s story will develop.”

One of my favorite quotes. Bengal nation has a lot of adversity going on right now and I think another way of handling it would be more beneficial.

Like I’ve stated previously on this thread, I have friends who played for Benedictine and will always root for them when they’re not playing Chardon. Good luck this off-season.

You Benedictine posters brought this all on yourselves. You guys have been the most obnoxious people on this entire site (which is saying a lot). You belittled everyone on here and attacked people who even made the slightest negative comment about your team. It turns out that the guys saying "you don't know anything about our program, players, and coaches" were the ones who really knew nothing at all. If Grind for 9 and Restoretheroar are examples of "men of Benedictine" then you guys should probably rebrand.

You Benedictine posters brought this all on yourselves. You guys have been the most obnoxious people on this entire site (which is saying a lot). You belittled everyone on here and attacked people who even made the slightest negative comment about your team. It turns out that the guys saying "you don't know anything about our program, players, and coaches" were the ones who really knew nothing at all. If Grind for 9 and Restoretheroar are examples of "men of Benedictine" then you guys should probably rebrand.
Speaking on behalf of the young(er) alums we all think its time that some of these old dudes hang up their lettermen jackets, find a different hobby and keep quiet

As somewhat of an older alum, I will always stick beside Benedictine and the players who come through the program. As far as hanging up the letterman jackets for some alum, I agree. Some of you honestly need to give it up, as men who once walked down those same hallways, why are you so quick to talk badly about this team. I understand that this season is far from what we expected so far, and has been a total let down (for reasons we do not know). Lets just pray that this team can turn it around now and get some wins on the record.

a greater understatement was never made.
Instead of attempting to control the narrative on…..YAPPI (let that sink in) perhaps providing leadership and guidance would have been a better use of time.

of course, maybe the joke is on us. Could he really be the assistant ad?

doubtful
He is. If you attend home Benedictine games, he is the gentleman paying the refs fees, making sure there are people working the chains, handling all of the particulars so the AD can do his other duty's. He is on the sideline at every Benedictine game. EVERY. All basketball games. All home wrestling matches. He wears Benedictine on his sleeves Jake is a throwback from the old school. His delivery isn't always smooth. But he means well. Tough year at the Home of Champions. You have to take the good with the bad.
Ora Et Labora

Oh well, thats my two cents, I'm sure nobody will get goofy in the responses and I'm sure we won't call people idiots or attack their characters... #MoB
Kind of like you just did in reference to other Alumni. You need to read your own posts before you hit the send button. Enough is enough. Most people on here know who i am. I don't hide behind my handle. If you have issues with the Alumni that put their, Blood, Sweat, & Tears into the school. Please take it up with them in person. Not hiding on a Yappi blog site. I'm sure I can make that meeting happen for you.
Ora Et Labora

He is. If you attend home Benedictine games, he is the gentleman paying the refs fees, making sure there are people working the chains, handling all of the particulars so the AD can do his other duty's. He is on the sideline at every Benedictine game. EVERY. All basketball games. All home wrestling matches. He wears Benedictine on his sleeves Jake is a throwback from the old school. His delivery isn't always smooth. But he means well. Tough year at the Home of Champions. You have to take the good with the bad.
Ora Et Labora
Very good. And I second your Latin phrase.

but somebody needs to tell him to stop worrying about YAPPI.

I mean, come on mr. Assistant AD. Really? The World Wide Web is a concern of yours?

How did the freshmen do this week?
1663957158530.png

Status
Not open for further replies.