2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embarrassing loss to a school Benedictine should never lose to.

Side note - Walsh may have the worst uniform / helmet combo in the state. Most CYO teams look better
Sticking with the 2022 theme of losing to teams they never should lose to. What’s the view on losing to the 0-4 Griffs?

Any thoughts and or comments on the battle of the uniform this past week? Did you guys win another week of the uniform battle?

We need Auggie to come tell us what’s really going on there. All these new Benedictine posters this season are slowly disappearing.

Hate to break it to you guys, but the Tommy Z ship has sailed. Two times he was passed over already, for Carter Welo and then for the new AD Carter (and then he would've replaced Goode as HC) he is now at GA, in a BETTER job, making (MUCH) MORE money then he'd be making at Benny and I could even argue that GA is a better place to be right now. Not a better football team, but that place has a lot more direction, less confusion and an 'easier' path to exceed their expectations. He ain't coming home folks, he wanted too, but now hes a husband, a father, a head coach somewhere else. The best we can do now is wish that one of the all-time great Bengals has tremendous success over there.

Now, the bigger issues...
This has been a blaze crackling since when Schaefer left and thanks to some who I think we can all figure out, this is now closer to being a five-alarm fire then it being extinguished. Several examples; First was when Schaefer left, there was a younger already established alum ready to take over as HC and Lorber gave that job to Welo. And you know what, Lorber had that right, it was his call, he hired who he thought was the best choice (right or wrong) but what pissed that alum off and then subsequently the other alums that he had ready to join him on staff was that Lorber and/or the admin never even gave him the decency to let him know he was being passed over, let him find out like the rest of us. You don't do that stuff to outsiders, yet alone your own. Secondly, there are people now in that "inner circle" of the program who are just not good dudes. Maybe they have the ability financially to provide new cool jerseys or things like that but they are rats, plain and simple. People within the program know that but for some reasons (probably $$$) have turned the other cheek, but more importantly there are parents and perspective student-athletes who can see that too. When one kid at a school decides he is not going to be a Bengal and an adult calls him a or tells him he's not "Bengal material" that gets around and in (at least 3) cases kids who probably should or could be at Benny are not because of that guy! Lastly, its this current staff, which I was admonished for earlier this season for saying they were yellers and not teachers and now this missing practice stuff among things. Its just not the right staff, not for these kids.

Oh well, thats my two cents, I'm sure nobody will get goofy in the responses and I'm sure we won't call people idiots or attack their characters... #MoB

This will be Goode's best team since he's been there...obviously you don't follow the program since they have played Hoban tough both times in the regular season and clearly to get the #1 seed they must have beat some tough opponents
If you guys want a good laugh today, just read the first 5 pages of this thread. These new Benedictine posters came on here talking so much crap, not only about how great Benedictine would be this season, but also talked about former NCL schools claiming they are all afraid of Benedictine.

Fr. Willie - if you truly are the assistant AD, you are not doing your school any service on here.

I think Lake Catholic is afraid to play Benedictine, which is sad, because it was one of my favorite rivalries to watch in all of NE Ohio. Allegedly when the NCL disbanded Benedictine and Hoban, Lake Catholic was at the forefront of the league saying their students health was in jeopardy if both those teams were to continue playing in the NCL.

It looks like St. Ignatius might be open. I think Dover and Steubenville would be great to fill as well. We have history with both those schools. I would welcome Bishop Watterson or Canfield as well.

Hoban is already on the schedule, per usual.
Yes, everyone is afraid of Benedictine. And believe me, it was not Lake Catholic. Wrong side of town. Call up State Road.

You lost to Buchtel. Nobody is afraid of you guys. In fact, Rotsky has to be licking his chops right now.

Auggie???

If you guys want a good laugh today, just read the first 5 pages of this thread. These new Benedictine posters came on here talking so much crap, not only about how great Benedictine would be this season, but also talked about former NCL schools claiming they are all afraid of Benedictine.

Fr. Willie - if you truly are the assistant AD, you are not doing your school any service on here.
Forget the NCL schools, someone in here said Benny would be ready for Chardon. I've laughed about that comment every week since.

EDIT: Wording

Last edited:
Hate to break it to you guys, but the Tommy Z ship has sailed. Two times he was passed over already, for Carter Welo and then for the new AD Carter (and then he would've replaced Goode as HC) he is now at GA, in a BETTER job, making (MUCH) MORE money then he'd be making at Benny and I could even argue that GA is a better place to be right now. Not a better football team, but that place has a lot more direction, less confusion and an 'easier' path to exceed their expectations. He ain't coming home folks, he wanted too, but now hes a husband, a father, a head coach somewhere else. The best we can do now is wish that one of the all-time great Bengals has tremendous success over there.

Now, the bigger issues...
This has been a blaze crackling since when Schaefer left and thanks to some who I think we can all figure out, this is now closer to being a five-alarm fire then it being extinguished. Several examples; First was when Schaefer left, there was a younger already established alum ready to take over as HC and Lorber gave that job to Welo. And you know what, Lorber had that right, it was his call, he hired who he thought was the best choice (right or wrong) but what pissed that alum off and then subsequently the other alums that he had ready to join him on staff was that Lorber and/or the admin never even gave him the decency to let him know he was being passed over, let him find out like the rest of us. You don't do that stuff to outsiders, yet alone your own. Secondly, there are people now in that "inner circle" of the program who are just not good dudes. Maybe they have the ability financially to provide new cool jerseys or things like that but they are rats, plain and simple. People within the program know that but for some reasons (probably $$$) have turned the other cheek, but more importantly there are parents and perspective student-athletes who can see that too. When one kid at a school decides he is not going to be a Bengal and an adult calls him a or tells him he's not "Bengal material" that gets around and in (at least 3) cases kids who probably should or could be at Benny are not because of that guy! Lastly, its this current staff, which I was admonished for earlier this season for saying they were yellers and not teachers and now this missing practice stuff among things. Its just not the right staff, not for these kids.

Oh well, thats my two cents, I'm sure nobody will get goofy in the responses and I'm sure we won't call people idiots or attack their characters... #MoB
Would love to see a response from Grind for 9 and RestoreTheRoar #HomeOfChampions

That is wrong he is at every practice.He may miss portions of practices, His Co ordinators are there the position coaches are also there.
I hope that it is not correct that the HC misses parts of practice in a non emergency situation.
If it is true then it's tough to really bring everything together into a tight unit.
In all the years I have been involved with HS football, I have never heard of that except one guy who had cancer treatments etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.