2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Region 9 lost 4 of the top 8 from last year and SVSM. A little down. Besides Benedictine, VASJ and Ursuline were the only other schools that added any depth to this region, not as brutal as last year.
4-6 should get you in. Schools like Gilmour, US, Hawken, CVCA aren't exactly playing tough schedules but might have a high seed. None of those schools want any part of Benny in the first round.
I know it's not what fans want to hear, but as young as they are, winning a playoff game and then getting beat by a Canfield or Chardon isn't terrible. Something to build on.
I believe they will be ready for Chardon.....playing vs Hts Wing T prepared them and Chardon not as big or fast but more disciplined

And Coach Goode and most of his staff played under those 2 legends so they understand that aspect
First off, any fixable issues would have been fixed by game 2 yesteryear. Secondly. If any player was having an issue with, let's say, dropping the football, more work catching the ball, increasing focus would have been addressed in practice. Third. I have watched practice. It has been status quo. No extra work being put in with the receivers. Fourth. Players reaching to tackle. Not running through the ball carrier. Since football was invented, this is best practice to make a tackle. Whether it be a heads-up facemask on the ball old style, or the new roll rugby style tackle. Same missed tackles every game. Fifth. Ball security. Enough said. Grind you have all the answers. But do not admit to what you are watching. I know the players are young men. But. Improvement should be seen on a weekly basis. Even small improvements. The same errors week in & week out show that these issues are not being addressed. If they are, then something is not working. Maybe running the hill wasn't a bad thing.

I believe they will be ready for Chardon.....playing vs Hts Wing T prepared them and Chardon not as big or fast but more disciplined
To beat a Wing T football team, you need to play assignment defensive football. You have to be extremely disciplined to shut down this type of offense. Athleticism will not be enough to beat a strong run Wing T. See Avon game in the playoffs several years ago. Missed assignments, defenders not following through with their assigned duty, created a loss. Benedictine had all of the talent in the world that game. It didn't matter. Focus & discipline were the key to beating Avon. Same with Chardon.

To beat a Wing T football team, you need to play assignment defensive football. You have to be extremely disciplined to shut down this type of offense. Athleticism will not be enough to beat a strong run Wing T. See Avon game in the playoffs several years ago. Missed assignments, defenders not following through with their assigned duty, created a loss. Benedictine had all of the talent in the world that game. It didn't matter. Focus & discipline were the key to beating Avon. Same with Chardon.
Yes because the other team doesn't block anyone...it was just no discipline and not playing to their assignments....also Avon DID NOT run a wing T so you are clueless....they ran mostly zone read from what I saw which is completely different....like I said before many members of the staff played for Coach Bossu and I can bet you there were penalties on those teams and missed assignments....please stop w the same old dingy argument of discipline and assignment...was Hts disciplined when their coach and player were assessed 15 yard penalties, but they still won the game. I wonder how many NFL teams will commit a penalty this weekend or miss an assignment

First off, any fixable issues would have been fixed by game 2 yesteryear. Secondly. If any player was having an issue with, let's say, dropping the football, more work catching the ball, increasing focus would have been addressed in practice. Third. I have watched practice. It has been status quo. No extra work being put in with the receivers. Fourth. Players reaching to tackle. Not running through the ball carrier. Since football was invented, this is best practice to make a tackle. Whether it be a heads-up facemask on the ball old style, or the new roll rugby style tackle. Same missed tackles every game. Fifth. Ball security. Enough said. Grind you have all the answers. But do not admit to what you are watching. I know the players are young men. But. Improvement should be seen on a weekly basis. Even small improvements. The same errors week in & week out show that these issues are not being addressed. If they are, then something is not working. Maybe running the hill wasn't a bad thing.
I’ll take my chances with a proven winning coaching staff vs. some guy who watched a little football 50 years ago.

I’ll take my chances with a proven winning coaching staff vs. some guy who watched a little football 50 years ago.
Yes because the other team doesn't block anyone...it was just no discipline and not playing to their assignments....also Avon DID NOT run a wing T so you are clueless....they ran mostly zone read from what I saw which is completely different....like I said before many members of the staff played for Coach Bossu and I can bet you there were penalties on those teams and missed assignments....please stop w the same old dingy argument of discipline and assignment...was Hts disciplined when their coach and player were assessed 15 yard penalties, but they still won the game. I wonder how many NFL teams will commit a penalty this weekend or miss an assignment
Semantics. Wing T, Zone read. It's the same concept. One under center, one from the shotgun. All QB driven. Wing T can be blocked either way, zone or gap. Zone Read can be blocked straight zone or pin & pull. Whichever. Grind & Just Here are fighters, both to the end. Good for you both. It's good to have so much passion. I'll stop posting for a while. I'll come back in week 10. Just to say hello. Good Luck!

Chardon is a different animal. I don't think Benny would of handled Camden by 30. Nothing against Heights, but saw Hts lose by 30 to Aurora last year who's also in region 9. Not sure where Chardon is slower. Their QB is a stud. They got 3 D1 guys in their defensive backfield. Again, no shame winning a playoff and losing to better team in region 9 with a 4-6 record.

So the coaching staff fumbled the ball at the Benedictine 10 yard line vs Walsh for a scoop and score up 26-17? The coaching staff dropped 2-3 TDs vs Walsh or missed a wide open WR/RB vs Walsh on the throw? The staff put the ball on the ground 6 times vs Hts, but only lost 2 of them but the crucial one with 3 mins left and inside the red zone? If nothing else, Hts has to use TO's and they get the ball back with around 1:30-2 mins left having to go about 80+ yards and 0 TO's. It sounds like no accountability on the players if that is what you truly heard alum'94
Ball security and catching the ball are staff teaching requirements in practice, obviously not enough?

Ball security and catching the ball are staff teaching requirements in practice, obviously not enough?
Of course it is and I'm sure it is being done...Stafford threw 3 Ints tonight and was sacked 7 times...I'm sure McVay worked with him all summer to prepare for this game...sometimes it just comes down to the players

Semantics. Wing T, Zone read. It's the same concept. One under center, one from the shotgun. All QB driven. Wing T can be blocked either way, zone or gap. Zone Read can be blocked straight zone or pin & pull. Whichever. Grind & Just Here are fighters, both to the end. Good for you both. It's good to have so much passion. I'll stop posting for a while. I'll come back in week 10. Just to say hello. Good Luck!
Hts does both(under center and shotgun), if I remember Avon was all shotgun. Actually, I am more of a realist and will say when they play bad, were outcoached, didn't have discipline, etc but you just have the same argument every post...they need more discipline. If I had to guess, Benny's opponents have more penalties on the season. Didn't Walsh commit 3 in a row from the same player? Fire Alexander, he doesn't teach/coach discipline

You should be ashamed. All snark and criticism all the time, but those young men traveled through the night to take on a national powerhouse. Didnt back down an inch. Competed their asses off and held them scoreless in the second half. Either support the team or dont
Injury bug ?

Gotta give credit to that second half performance by the Bengals. Shutting down a team like dematha is not easy to do. Those young men should be proud of themselves and use this as a stepping stone.

Brutal schedule so far. Hopefully the injured players will come back soon. Should beat the 'B' teams (Buchtel, Boardman and Brecksville). Will need to beat another to make the playoffs. But this team is young, so should be fine for next year. I don't like all the injuries to the team the past several years. Conditioning? Or just bad luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.