2022 BENEDICTINE FOOTBALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are already 2 weeks behind and these aren't finals...they are midterms
Lifting did start yesterday midterms( many still call it finals as well at Benny) are the rest of the week. North Royalton tripleheader Saturday starting at 4pm with the freshmen basketball game. We beat US by a 64-47 score tonight. The weight room was very active today and very spirited. Still looking for a week 4 game for football preferably a home game.

New lifting shirts? My son saw on social media. Pretty cool!

76FDEFAC-8BBD-47F0-8EF7-422D141BF197.jpeg

Terrible news for the Home of Champions community and all parties impacted / involved. Hate to see things like this happen. Terrible how they mention the schools name in the article.

Still under investigation according to news
I’m just familiarizing myself with the school and it’s history. For as decorated the school is with athletic success, it appears it has a documented history of running backs and guns. When doing research I stumbled on this story.
https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2007/05/raymond_williams_violates_prob.html
Sounds like this kid was the real deal but went down the wrong path. I hate to see history repeating itself again.

I’m just familiarizing myself with the school and it’s history. For as decorated the school is with athletic success, it appears it has a documented history of running backs and guns. When doing research I stumbled on this story.
https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2007/05/raymond_williams_violates_prob.html
Sounds like this kid was the real deal but went down the wrong path. I hate to see history repeating itself again.
I live in North Royalton. My son attended Benedictine. He graduated in 2018. He had the best experience you could have, attending High School.
Made friends for life, learned about life, created his own opinions, Benedictine helped turn a boy into a responsible young man. I could not have asked for a better experience for my son. Great school. Every school has outside noise. Some gets reported, some doesn't. The Benedictine campus is safe, just like other schools, maybe better. Small, all boys, everybody knows, pretty much everybody. Why not bring up the successes of past students instead of the negative? Russo Brothers, Jerome Baker, Justin Layne, Mroczkowski Brothers, going way back, Tom Weiskopf, Chuck Noll, these are the most popular. There are many other success stories. In 2022 there are multiple issues happening all over the USA being reported, then what was reported in 1970. Social Media heightens awareness of these issues. In many cases, making it worse.

I live in North Royalton. My son attended Benedictine. He graduated in 2018. He had the best experience you could have, attending High School.
Made friends for life, learned about life, created his own opinions, Benedictine helped turn a boy into a responsible young man. I could not have asked for a better experience for my son. Great school. Every school has outside noise. Some gets reported, some doesn't. The Benedictine campus is safe, just like other schools, maybe better. Small, all boys, everybody knows, pretty much everybody. Why not bring up the successes of past students instead of the negative? Russo Brothers, Jerome Baker, Justin Layne, Mroczkowski Brothers, going way back, Tom Weiskopf, Chuck Noll, these are the most popular. There are many other success stories. In 2022 there are multiple issues happening all over the USA being reported, then what was reported in 1970. Social Media heightens awareness of these issues. In many cases, making it worse.
No doubt. Im sure these types of things happen at plenty of private schools in the area.

No doubt. Im sure these types of things happen at plenty of private schools in the area.
At all schools. Public or Private. Not to stoop to your level. But I can name 5 Public schools with similar issues.
Tired of the Benedictine bashing. Any high school cannot be held accountable for 24/7 monitoring of students. Any school can only be responsible for said student when he is attending or participating in a school function. The responsibility of teaching right from wrong falls not only on the school, but also on the parents. The incident is unfortunate. Should have never happened. But it did. Instead of throwing stones, we all need to do better to help prevent these types of issues from occurring.

Status
Not open for further replies.