2022-23 Three Rivers Athletic Conference, the final season. Who wins the title?

Who wins the 2022-23 TRAC title?

• Findlay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Lima Senior

• Oregon Clay

• Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Toledo Notre Dame

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Toledo St. Ursula

• Toledo Whitmer

• Total voters
Central passed, then Rogers passed, Woodward was placed on the board before the draw started as they did not show to the meeting. Napoleon picked third and picked the winner of the Woodward play in game and then for some reason Central picked that spot. Makes no sense as Central is the clear favorite in this district, I wouldn't think they are overly concerned with Rogers and Napoleon is down alot compared to years past.
Thank you! Napoleon’s coach had to be so disappointed with that. 😬. That’s tough.

Central passed, then Rogers passed, Woodward was placed on the board before the draw started as they did not show to the meeting. Napoleon picked third and picked the winner of the Woodward play in game and then for some reason Central picked that spot. Makes no sense as Central is the clear favorite in this district, I wouldn't think they are overly concerned with Rogers and Napoleon is down alot compared to years past.
My only reasoning for them taking that Woodward game would be that they'd want to get their bench some playoff experience? It simply doesn't make sense any other way, because now that Baer is gone you only have five players that have had consistent minutes on that team and there is no reason to tire them out if they're going to be playing a majority throughout the entire tournament. If Haney doesn't take the starters out early against a team that has split a series against Monclova Christian Academy and almost lost to Put-in-Bay, I would be extremely bewildered.

On another note, this district would face the Ashland district in a regional semi (Norwalk and Bellevue), and then face the winner of what I assume will be SVSM and the Paulding district (LB, Bryan).

Loooooooong way to Dayton for the Lady Irish.

My only reasoning for them taking that Woodward game would be that they'd want to get their bench some playoff experience? It simply doesn't make sense any other way, because now that Baer is gone you only have five players that have had consistent minutes on that team and there is no reason to tire them out if they're going to be playing a majority throughout the entire tournament. If Haney doesn't take the starters out early against a team that has split a series against Monclova Christian Academy and almost lost to Put-in-Bay, I would be extremely bewildered.

On another note, this district would face the Ashland district in a regional semi (Norwalk and Bellevue), and then face the winner of what I assume will be SVSM and the Paulding district (LB, Bryan).

Loooooooong way to Dayton for the Lady Irish.
For the record, next Thursday will be SBC Lake winner take all when Bellevue visits The Garage against Lady Truckers.

Neither/nor overlooked rivals today; Bellevue won at Clyde 68-32, and courtesy of 21-0 3rd Q and allowing only 3 2nd Half points, Lady Truckers took Sandusky to the shed, 57-18

Two huge games today.
Perrysburg vs Notre Dame. Notre Dames weakness is size. If they can keep Takats under 15, I like their chances.
Northview vs Whitmer. NV got them the first time, but I’m gonna say Lawrence will slow down KraL and Shoup will slow down Maddie Green. NV still has Biggs and Cannon but they
like to run man, I see Syd Borer having a huge day today. All the other matchups involving TRAC teams will be one sided. Findlay over Lima and Ross over Clay. Central over Napoleon.

Two huge games today.
Perrysburg vs Notre Dame. Notre Dames weakness is size. If they can keep Takats under 15, I like their chances.
Northview vs Whitmer. NV got them the first time, but I’m gonna say Lawrence will slow down KraL and Shoup will slow down Maddie Green. NV still has Biggs and Cannon but they
like to run man, I see Syd Borer having a huge day today. All the other matchups involving TRAC teams will be one sided. Findlay over Lima and Ross over Clay. Central over Napoleon.
If Notre Dame would actually use its quickness and dictate tempo they could be a good team. But coach has gotten so used to having dominate players that he doesnt know what to do when he has an average team.

16ADA634-9E74-4EDB-86BA-E256DB6F32FE.jpeg

Told ya…. And unfortunately Niecy takes the fall for Erika. She is the only down to earth coach on the staff. A shame. But gotta protect the queen. Separate the tournament, please. Publics are tired of playing against a stacked deck. We really are.

Unbelievable. Less of a "shooting yourself in the foot" kind of situation and more of a "blowing oneself up again by stepping on a landmine" type. At least when any other school did this they followed the "legal" process instead. You'd think that right after getting slammed for this once she would've laid off/laid low for a while...

Time for Haney to clean things up within that program. I’d hate to see all the on court success overshadowed by this. Does this same rule apply for public schools and their open enrollment recruiting? And of all the schools in Toledo to use the same tactics, why is CCHS getting nailed left and right?

Yes, It applies. If you’re open enrollment, you cannot have talks with a kid that hasn’t applied for enrollment.

And of all the schools in Toledo to use the same tactics, why is CCHS getting nailed left and right?
Because it's clear that Haney evidently does not know how to legally "recruit." NDA, Toledo Christian, and even Zia-era Rogers knew how to do it without getting an assistant coach or someone directly affiliated with the program involved with it. You have to be crazy to not only continue trying to grab players right after a reprimand, but with an assistant coach? Come on.

Who did Rogers recruit? Serious question as I was on the boys side and didn’t pay attention. I know Zia went to Mctivue and I thought Madison Royal Davis did as well? It was Toledo Christian that stole her away from Rogers, right?

I really wouldn’t care how much private schools recruit if they all played in their own tourney. I don’t know why it isn’t separate. When will TCs first test be? Regionals? Central same? You could drop the sectional round with private schools and it would be a whole lot more competitive.

Who did Rogers recruit? Serious question as I was on the boys side and didn’t pay attention. I know Zia went to Mctivue and I thought Madison Royal Davis did as well? It was Toledo Christian that stole her away from Rogers, right?
All I heard revolved around Royal-Davis. IIRC some talk about her dad shopping her around different schools once Cooke graduated, and nobody but TC bit. TC also got Kendall Braden from NDA as well. Speaking of NDA, Haney pales in comparison to the people Galloway has gotten, except Galloway knows how to do it without embarrassing himself and his program twice in the same season.

I really wouldn’t care how much private schools recruit if they all played in their own tourney. I don’t know why it isn’t separate. When will TCs first test be? Regionals? Central same? You could drop the sectional round with private schools and it would be a whole lot more competitive.
I think the separation robs you of good matchups between good teams. A young Fremont team scaring the heII out of VanSlooten and NDA in 2021, Whitmer beating NDA in 2016, that Rogers-CC matchup in 2018, I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Also, TCC's district got severely altered. You are right that they essentially have a cakewalk to regional semis, but Bath, Bryan, and St. Marys' all got moved from that district, and they for sure would've made that a lot more competitive.

All I heard revolved around Royal-Davis. IIRC some talk about her dad shopping her around different schools once Cooke graduated, and nobody but TC bit. TC also got Kendall Braden from NDA as well. Speaking of NDA, Haney pales in comparison to the people Galloway has gotten, except Galloway knows how to do it without embarrassing himself and his program twice in the same season.

I think the separation robs you of good matchups between good teams. A young Fremont team scaring the heII out of VanSlooten and NDA in 2021, Whitmer beating NDA in 2016, that Rogers-CC matchup in 2018, I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Also, TCC's district got severely altered. You are right that they essentially have a cakewalk to regional semis, but Bath, Bryan, and St. Marys' all got moved from that district, and they for sure would've made that a lot more competitive.
Maybe Travis has quality but in the past two years Erika has recruited so many kids. Blatantly coming into public school gyms. It’s always a pre game talk amongst coaches. I almost forgot about Ava and the Washington Jr High incident. As well as the Washington kid again this year. There is a reason NO ONE would sit with her at the all district meeting. All by herself at a table because of how she acts and operates. I know Central could have plenty of success with a stand up person in charge, but she disgraces the place.

Wow. No clue who steps up now but I wouldn’t be remiss in believing the Haney era is over? AFAIK they have two coaches left on the bench.

Hooper was it the school that came down on her? Was this a result of all the in-team conflict or was this purely because of the second violation?

“Central Catholic High School has become aware of new information regarding our girls’ basketball program. As a result of these new details, Ericka Haney has been suspended indefinitely as the girls’ basketball head coach. Additional information will be forthcoming soon.”
Oh man.

Wow. No clue who steps up now but I wouldn’t be remiss in believing the Haney era is over? AFAIK they have two coaches left on the bench.

Hooper was it the school that came down on her? Was this a result of all the in-team conflict or was this purely because of the second
Hearing they have some damning evidence against LR that will be dealt with before the OH game. Sounds like they want to bring in a staff member from The boys side that is really good. I don’t know if that is allowed to switch your staff once you turn your State packet in after the sectional draw. We will see.

Hearing they have some damning evidence against LR that will be dealt with before the OH game. Sounds like they want to bring in a staff member from The boys side that is really good. I don’t know if that is allowed to switch your staff once you turn your State packet in after the sectional draw. We will see.
I figured Rice would be trouble when he announced himself as a "co-head coach."

I'm sure the state would make an emergency exception considering how CC is dealing with this now. I feel like this staff member would be the JV boys coach?

I feel terrible for the seniors on the team. Grateful that Vaughn and Clay will have another season, but gutted that Ellis, Hitt-Swartz, and Dames' careers have to end on such a sour note.

I'm assuming administration is gonna wipe everything off and start anew. At the very least they get a fresh start heading into the CHSL?