6. Talawanda
7. Kings
8. Western Brown
9. Loveland
10. Walnut Hills
11. Lakota West
12. Harrison
13. MND

I like West Clermont at 1 but those top four are the ones that are separate from the others. Haven’t seen Talawanda. Saw Western Brown at the Middletown Mega Scrimmage and thought they were pretty solid.

Not awful but Princeton should be 1 and Western Brown is way overrated as well as talawanda
I don't disagree, but as we move to the second half of the season when transfer bans come into play, if Gerton isn't playing then I think Princeton at 2 or 3 will be right.

Do they apply to anyone anymore? It seems like there are tons of transfers every year, and if they are good players, VERY FEW sit.
The OHSAA actually keeps minutes of their appeals meetings publicly available on their website but (and perhaps to your point) they don't actually give a reason when they do grant an appeal.

I know the transfer exemptions for going from private to public allow for a one time return to home district, but it only qualifies as your home district if you have resided there for the 12 months prior to transferring. This was the hangup for Mason last year with their transfer from Ursuline, her eligibility was denied initially and on appeal for that reason and she did sit. I did not know Gerten's home district while she was at Summit, but sounds like from poster above it was in fact Princeton, so she's good to go. Given that, I still like Princeton for the top spot.

The OHSAA actually keeps minutes of their appeals meetings publicly available on their website but (and perhaps to your point) they don't actually give a reason when they do grant an appeal.

I know the transfer exemptions for going from private to public allow for a one time return to home district, but it only qualifies as your home district if you have resided there for the 12 months prior to transferring. This was the hangup for Mason last year with their transfer from Ursuline, her eligibility was denied initially and on appeal for that reason and she did sit. I did not know Gerten's home district while she was at Summit, but sounds like from poster above it was in fact Princeton, so she's good to go. Given that, I still like Princeton for the top spot.
Any info on Hicks at West Clermont not playing last 2 games (hasn't played since their 11th game)?
Injured?
If she would fall under transfer rule that would push WC down to #4 seed at best.

Any info on Hicks at West Clermont not playing last 2 games (hasn't played since their 11th game)?
Injured?
If she would fall under transfer rule that would push WC down to #4 seed at best.
Well she wouldn't be sitting for the transfer, since hers was from out of state she gets the exemption no question, so probably just injured. Although....the Henry boys transferred to Withrow back in November so there is a chance she followed them at the end of the semester. Would be somewhat surprising in the middle of her basketball season and WC sitting at the top of the rankings, but not totally unheard of that mom might want them in the same school.

Injured?
Hearing from my son in the boys program that she’s been out for unknown reason but will be returning this week. She’s still at school and has been seen in the gym at practice. Sounds like injury but nothing serious.

Anyone agree/disagree with Martin RPI info?
Website reads that only NW OH is using it for seeding?
Never heard of it before Madame Secretary 1/1/23 post
No way there are 12 D1 teams better than Princeton (currently ranked 13) in OH.
Probably not 1 or 2.

Some big MLK weekend games should sort out path to final seeding/ranking prior to Selection Sunday Jan 29.
Princeton, Sycamore, Springboro at CIT City

Classic in the Country Sunday afternoon back to back should be intense (Martin RPI)
4pm West Clermont (6) vs Magnificat (8)
5:20pm Mason (4) vs Olmsted Falls (2)

Monday
3pm Mason vs Bolingbrook (IL) #5 MaxPreps big schools IL
4:30 West Clermont vs Newark

Huge stage for West Clermont to show off to Northern Half of State!

Any OH team ever had a tougher 3 game stretch than Mason this week?
Can they keep up intensity after last nights “Game of the Year” buzzer beater win @ Princeton?

Nice floater at the end , Princeton might of got out coach on that play , they made it to easy getting the ball inbounds . Great game either way both teams could of won/lost
Last second plays, I'm telling my defense to switch on every screen.

I saw where Talawanda was #10 in the state latest RPI. Do you think SW coaches will vote them high enough in sectional to be a #5 seed? Will likely go into draw undefeated but have played a lighter schedule. They have 2 D1 kids that are committed in Fears and Farris. What do you all think?

I saw where Talawanda was #10 in the state latest RPI. Do you think SW coaches will vote them high enough in sectional to be a #5 seed? Will likely go into draw undefeated but have played a lighter schedule. They have 2 D1 kids that are committed in Fears and Farris. What do you all think?
if they go undefeated they will probably be 5, but it will be between them and MND and it really doesnt matter if you are 5 or 6 cause I'm sure they will be in the same bracket. You have to figure everyone will avoid the big 4. Imagine if the 5th bracket has Talawanda, MND, Lakota West, Walnut Hills, and Kings.

Good point. I almost wonder if it's smarter for a 5-7 seed to jump in with one of the big fours in hope of having easier matchups in the first and second rounds. You would obviously have to play one of those 4 in sectional final but it may be better than having to play the 7 seed in the second round vs a 20 seed.

I wish all regions would use the RPI as the seeding format. It doesn't make sense that coaches vote for others seeds. With advancements in data and metrics, I would say these RPI rankings are one of the best indicators of team rankings you can use.

Mason may have just completed one of the best 3 game stretch of wins in OH girls BB history.

Beat Princeton (#1 max preps OH at time of game) at Princeton
Beat Olmsted Falls (#2 max preps OH at time of game) Neutral at CITC
Beat Bolingbrook (#1 Max preps IL at time of game) Neutral at CITC

D1 Districts and Regionals are going be very competitive this season!
Top 4 Spots in Opening D1 Poll all from Cincinnati area! 77052A6D-C370-44BA-9AF3-E9D32FDE7FF0.jpeg

Mason may have just completed one of the best 3 game stretch of wins in OH girls BB history.

Beat Princeton (#1 max preps OH at time of game) at Princeton
Beat Olmsted Falls (#2 max preps OH at time of game) Neutral at CITC
Beat Bolingbrook (#1 Max preps IL at time of game) Neutral at CITC

D1 Districts and Regionals are going be very competitive this season!
Top 4 Spots in Opening D1 Poll all from Cincinnati area!View attachment 38201
This will all be decided on the court in a few weeks, but any poll that has that bunch at West Clermont ranked #3 in Cincinnati is not to be taken seriously.

This will all be decided on the court in a few weeks, but any poll that has that bunch at West Clermont ranked #3 in Cincinnati is not to be taken seriously.
I think I'll disagree here after looking at schedules. Mason beat Princeton (who had a very strong win vs. DC) twice, had a strong win vs. OF, and only lost a close one to LE. I don't see how you wouldn't put them above a WC team whose only top 10 win was vs. that LE team in a game that had 50 fouls (50...that's a win no one can claim is repeatable). Mason is ahead of LE despite losing to them, so its not wrong that LE is above WC also, since LE has played one more top 10 match up than WC despite them both having one top 10 win. So WC at #3 does actually make quite a bit of sense to me.