2022-2023 Three Rivers Conference thread

Any coach that leaves the Piqua Sectional for the Troy Sectional, would be pumped. The level of difference is like a varsity team (Piqua Sectional) playing a JV team (Tory Sectional).
Your not that far off for most of Troy. There are a few quality teams, but Piqua is a gauntlet. Sorry to my Indian brethren, no offense intended.

Any coach that leaves the Piqua Sectional for the Troy Sectional, would be pumped. The level of difference is like a varsity team (Piqua Sectional) playing a JV team (Tory Sectional).
I have been talking about the strength of Piqua over Troy for a long time, but calling Troy the JV is a stretch. Troy's top 5 would be favored over 10 of the Piqua teams. The top 4 at Piqua is much better than the top 5 at Troy, but once you get through those teams the middle is similar and the "bottom" at Piqua is better than the bottom at Troy.

Having only two brackets makes the sectionals tougher because there is nowhere to go to avoid the top teams, and you would want to hide from the top teams at Piqua.

I don't put much faith in rankings, but still impressive that in the Prep Hoops Ohio D4 rankings 2 of the top 4 and 3 of the top 9 are from the Piqua sectional. Two of them will be in the same sectional bracket

I don't put much faith in rankings, but still impressive that in the Prep Hoops Ohio D4 rankings 2 of the top 4 and 3 of the top 9 are from the Piqua sectional. Two of them will be in the same sectional bracket
Not too many years back Troy sectional had similar rankings (2014). Tri Village , Bethel (hard to believe they were D4 10 years ago) Troy Christian, Franklin Monroe. Tri Village beat Bethel in a close one on one side of the bracket, Troy Christian knocked off Franklin Monroe on the other side. Last time I recall Troy being anything close to what Piqua is now.

Regional champ came out of Troy 3 years in a row 2013, 2014, 2015.

Last edited:
Not too many years back Troy sectional had similar rankings (2014). Tri Village , Bethel (hard to believe they were D4 10 years ago) Troy Christian, Franklin Monroe. Tri Village beat Bethel in a close one on one side of the bracket, Troy Christian knocked off Franklin Monroe on the other side. Last time I recall Troy being anything close to what Piqua is now.

Regional champ came out of Troy 3 years in a row 2013, 2014, 2015.
Jefferson would come thru that sectional site too. Their last good years were probably the 2010-2012 period but they won a state title I believe one of those years.

Tournaments should be more evenly balanced.

Would be interesting if D4 in Dayton was a super-sectional like the other three divisions
Is it the Troy teams coaches that prevent that from happening? Guessing it would be merely a vote to do same as larger divisions. Super sectionals definitely spread the best teams out.

I've heard it's the rural transportation concerns of travel that has many concerned with increased area of sectional draw. But in football, we now have 16 teams per region get in and they are matched up all over the region by order of computer points, so transportation seems invalid as a concern to me.

Is it the Troy teams coaches that prevent that from happening? Guessing it would be merely a vote to do same as larger divisions. Super sectionals definitely spread the best teams out.

I've heard it's the rural transportation concerns of travel that has many concerned with increased area of sectional draw. But in football, we now have 16 teams per region get in and they are matched up all over the region by order of computer points, so transportation seems invalid as a concern to me.
I'm not surprised, completely makes sense for the Troy coaches 🤣

The super sectionals for D1 (Butler/Centerville) D2 (Springfield/Trent) and D3 (Butler/Northmont) are at two locations. Throw all the D4 teams together at the current locations and a team in Troy right now may have a 15 minute longer bus ride or vice-versa.

The difference between Troy HS and Piqua HS is only about 15 minutes though. I don't know why they keep it this way but the folks feeding into Troy probably would prefer to keep it this way.

Which brings up my next point. A few years ago TC got bumped up to D3. They came back down a year or two ago I think. When they came back they were placed in Piqua. Tri-village has been troy forever. They are in D3 this year. If they come back down I wonder if they end up in Piqua too like TC did? Which makes Piqua even more difficult.

I know this partly depends on who moves up to D3 when they would move down but that would make Piqua must watch basketball from round 1 of the tournament.

Big win for Northridge last night.

TC squeaks by Lehman on the road.

Two scores I couldn't find last night was ME vs Bethel and Covington vs Riverside.

Big win for Northridge last night.

TC squeaks by Lehman on the road.

Two scores I couldn't find last night was ME vs Bethel and Covington vs Riverside.
Per ME Twitter they won 55-32. Not sure on Covington/Riverside.

Nice win for Northridge for sure. I was surprised with the result.

TC did everything they could to try to lose that game. It's like they quit trying to score about midway thru the 3rd quarter.

Northridge and Bethel should win this league year in and year out compared to any other school in the league. D2 schools playing D3 and even D4 teams. For this year Miami East and Milton do bring almost everyone back.

Per ME Twitter they won 55-32. Not sure on Covington/Riverside.

Nice win for Northridge for sure. I was surprised with the result.

TC did everything they could to try to lose that game. It's like they quit trying to score about midway thru the 3rd quarter.
Riverside 59
Covington 51

Miami East runs away with this title. TC and MU seem like they have issues. Northridge is just a spoiler.
You guys may be a spoiler for sure. Certainly helped spoil Milton's season.

Hard for me to agree Miami East is going to "run away" with it, although I agree it is likely they win an outright title. I thought last year TC had it in the bag as well and they slipped up the final game vs Lehman forcing a three way tie.

Your team has a chance to finish third in the conference if Milton does not recover from the loss of Broomball.

TC hangs on to beat bethel.

Not sure if there any bethel people in here but your pep band is really good. Their version of 25 or 6 to 4 was amazing.

Miami East 40 Covington 26 third.

Troy Christian 36 Bethel 32 in the third .

I forgot to hit "send" . These games are over now.

TC hangs on to beat bethel.

Not sure if there any bethel people in here but your pep band is really good. Their version of 25 or 6 to 4 was amazing.
Thanks for the update. Strange game was that close, but seems Bethel really gets up for TC. Historically, they have probably won a sizable majority of the games between the two. Lately TC has done pretty well.

You guys may be a spoiler for sure. Certainly helped spoil Milton's season.

Hard for me to agree Miami East is going to "run away" with it, although I agree it is likely they win an outright title. I thought last year TC had it in the bag as well and they slipped up the final game vs Lehman forcing a three way tie.

Your team has a chance to finish third in the conference if Milton does not recover from the loss of Broomball.
Your team... Milton is not my team. But agree with this post.

Your team... Milton is not my team. But agree with this post.
No, I didn't mean Milton when I said "your team". I was referring to Northridge. Figured that was the school your connected with?

I did not expect Northridge to take a loss to Lehman, but nearly anyone not named Covington or Miami East could beat or lose to anyone else.