2021 Roger Bacon Football

The Fighting Kiner era is over at Roger Bacon :cry:

Will they be able to reload or is a vast regression to the mean the expectation? Is a State Final Four Birth enough to keep this train moving consitently?

Schedule:
  • Week 1 – 8/20 @ Taft
  • Week 2 – 8/27 vs Aiken
  • Week 3 – 9/3 @ Newport Central Catholic
  • Week 4 – 9/10 @ Badin (Fairfield HS)
  • Week 5 – 9/17 @ McNicholas
  • Week 6 – 9/24 vs Norwood (Homecoming)
  • Week 7 – 10/1 @ CHCA
  • Week 8 – 10/8 vs Purcell Marian
  • Week 9 – 10/15 vs Summit Country Day
  • Week 10 – 10/22 vs North College Hill (Senior Night)

Last edited:

Taft coach was let go earlier this month!! He did a really good job building that school up.

agreed. they were one of the premier city league programs in the state for the last few years. seems like an odd firing. he’s a Roger Bacon alum- maybe he will come back to coach the Spartans?

The Fighting Kiner era is over at Roger Bacon :cry:

Will they be able to reload or is a vast regression to the mean the expectation? Is a State Final Four Birth enough to keep this train moving consitently?

Schedule:
  • Week 1 – 8/20 @ Taft
  • Week 2 – 8/27 vs Aiken
  • Week 3 – 9/3 @ Newport Central Catholic
  • Week 4 – 9/10 @ Badin (Fairfield HS)
  • Week 5 – 9/17 @ McNicholas
  • Week 6 – 9/24 vs Norwood (Homecoming)
  • Week 7 – 10/1 @ CHCA
  • Week 8 – 10/8 vs Purcell Marian
  • Week 9 – 10/15 vs Summit Country Day
  • Week 10 – 10/22 vs North College Hill (Senior Night)

reload? ion no what you talking about? They had one player. smh

You don't just hop and trip into a state final four birth with only one player. He had a bad ankle the entire playoff run. Not sure if you watched any games, but that's an ignorant comment

You do when you in division 5, 6 or 7 and that one player is your running back going to LSU. Yall found out what happens when you play another team with a top recurit. Did you watch any games? It a be handoff to Kiner to teh left, handoff to Kiner to the right, toss to kiner to the left, toss to Kiner to the right. And it aint like he running threw big holes, he be spinning and changing direction just to get his. Now you sound ignorant. You asked the question now you gonna get mad I gave you a answer you aint like. I was hoping they won state cus they a local team but when yall a private school coming on here patting yall chest for beating teams in a weak league with maybe 20 players and a lot of freshmen. smh

• Week 1 – 8/20 @ Taft L
  • Week 2 – 8/27 vs Aiken L
  • Week 3 – 9/3 @ Newport Central Catholic W
  • Week 4 – 9/10 @ Badin (Fairfield HS) L
  • Week 5 – 9/17 @ McNicholas L
  • Week 6 – 9/24 vs Norwood (Homecoming) W
  • Week 7 – 10/1 @ CHCA L
  • Week 8 – 10/8 vs Purcell Marian W
  • Week 9 – 10/15 vs Summit Country Day L
  • Week 10 – 10/22 vs North College Hill (Senior Night) W

as someone who watched Roger Bacon play (vs Greenon), they had talent all over the field. sure, they live and breath Kiner, but had some very good complimentary players in Hudepohl, Hallau, and Mooney. the Mooney kid was a stud, one of the best defensive high school players i have seen. he should be at a power 5.

but also to note, all 4 of those player are graduating. they bring back the QB and backup RB. i’m not sure what else.

Bacon probably goes 6-4 next year. maybe 7-3. it’s a tough schedule for sure.

I could see them maybe winning Aiken and summit but also maybe losing to Purcell and Norwood. Theyll hang around 5-5 which is still better than they was before Kiner got there. They use to be 0-9 going into week 10 and a have a shootout with Purcell and act like they won a championship. smh

If RB stays in D5 this is the percentages of teams in D5-7, since they went to 7 divisions, of making the playoffs with said records...

10 wins: 100%
9 wins: 100%
8 wins: 100%
7 wins: 93.3 %
6 wins: 65.9%
5 wins: 40.2 %
4 wins: 9.9 %
3 wins: only one team would have finished in the top 12 with 3 wins, and I did not track all the 3 win teams who did NOT make it.

You don't just hop and trip into a state final four birth with only one player. He had a bad ankle the entire playoff run. Not sure if you watched any games, but that's an ignorant comment
Do they beat Versailles without Kiner?
I agree his ankle was bothering him, BUT he had some dynamic long runs for touchdowns.

I could see them maybe winning Aiken and summit but also maybe losing to Purcell and Norwood. Theyll hang around 5-5 which is still better than they was before Kiner got there. They use to be 0-9 going into week 10 and a have a shootout with Purcell and act like they won a championship. smh

RB hasn't lost to Purcell in 5+ years and the last 2 being a running clock shutout. :LOL::LOL:

Bacon probably goes 6-4 next year. maybe 7-3. it’s a tough schedule for sure.

These are my sentiments. The fornt of the schedule is hard with Badin, McNick, & Aiken.

The offense was not good even with Kiner. When he got hurt, you could see that clearly. The defense kept them in games and has been leaps and bounds better than years past.

I believe 7-3 / 6-4 is a good look from what we saw last season. If they can do better offensively and keep the same defensive production I'll bargain at 8-2 / 9-1. They lost a lot but if what they have put out the past couple of years is an indicator, then they shouldn't have a problem finding guys to fill the void.

Roger Bacon will fall back to where they were before Kiner got there. The difference is instead of taking that team into GCL Co-Ed play they will be going against MVC. Norwood, Summit, Purcell, and NCH are all not good. Even CHCA has dropped off from where they were when Taylor was the coach. A big difference in level of competition should help them remain over .500 every year.

Roger Bacon fans on here talking smack like they're a powerhouse when their whiny HFC and AD wanted to leave the GCL to play in a cupcake conference. Bacon was only good because of one player and that's it.

I think you’re right on the first half, RB’s coach was scared of facing some teams that had the same or a bit more talent then them. They would’ve competed with their old league in my opinion. I don’t think they were good cause of one guy though. They have talent every single year

I would expect RB to win 6-8 games, most likely 7. I think they'll be a playoff team once again with the 12 team per region system in place.

I would expect RB to win 6-8 games, most likely 7. I think they'll be a playoff team once again with the 12 team per region system in place.
I think their schedule is weak overall so 6 games is pretty doable. The handicap will be the playcalling. Without Kiner, will Blaut revert to his super predictable playcalling?

the GCL was no longer a fit for Bacon. traveling to Dayton to play larger schools is not convenient. now, their longest bus ride is like what, 20 minutes?

if they were THAT scared of the competition, they wouldn’t have scheduled Badin, McNick, and Taft next season.

i think Bacon loses to Badin, McNicholas, and Taft. Summit, Purcell, and Aiken are toss ups. i think they win at least 2 or 3 of those games. 6-4/7-3 with maybe a 10 seed sounds about right for Bacon next year.

RB hasn't lost to Purcell in 5+ years and the last 2 being a running clock shutout. :LOL::LOL:

RB v PM since 2015, keep in mind PM has been a D5 or D6 team and usually only carries around 20 players.
2020 - RB 34-0, 10-1 record MVC
2019 - RB 48-0, 10-2 record MVC
2018 - RB 41-9, 4-6 record GCL
2017 - RB 7-6, 4-6 record GCL
2016 - RB 19-18, 3-7 record GCL
2015 - PM 49-0, 3-7 record GCL, game that RB HFC walked out to midfield and threw a baby fit over a league member running up the score.

You guys really have a fixation with PM. I guess I don't need to ask, Who hurt you?

Last edited:
These are my sentiments. The fornt of the schedule is hard with Badin, McNick, & Aiken.

The offense was not good even with Kiner. When he got hurt, you could see that clearly. The defense kept them in games and has been leaps and bounds better than years past.

I believe 7-3 / 6-4 is a good look from what we saw last season. If they can do better offensively and keep the same defensive production I'll bargain at 8-2 / 9-1. They lost a lot but if what they have put out the past couple of years is an indicator, then they shouldn't have a problem finding guys to fill the void.

Interesting comment, considering in years past they were playing better competition. Keep patting yourself on the back coach! :ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
RB v PM since 2015, keep in mind PM has been a D5 or D6 team and usually only carries around 20 players.
2020 - RB 34-0, 10-1 record MVC
2019 - RB 48-0, 10-2 record MVC
2018 - RB 41-9, 4-6 record GCL
2017 - RB 7-6, 4-6 record GCL
2016 - RB 19-18, 3-7 record GCL
2015 - PM 49-0, 3-7 record GCL, game that RB HFC walked out to midfield and threw a baby fit over a league member running up the score.

You guys really have a fixation with PM. I guess I don't need to ask, Who hurt you?

You must be a Purcell alum. I’m sorry you got hurt by my comment. The guy projected Purcell to beat RB when they hadn’t done that in forever. Sorry I provided facts as to why that was not a strong possibility.

Interesting comment, considering in years past they were playing better competition. Keep patting yourself on the back coach! :ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Funny enough I think all of RB coaching in general has been suspect and that their success is only cause of the talent from Kiner. They just happened to have a good year last year with that. Haven’t been consistently good in a good league since early 2000. I’m hoping this is the turn of a new leaf but I’m a realist too. Maybe the talent will keep flowing

• Week 1 – 8/20 @ Taft W
  • Week 2 – 8/27 vs Aiken L - More talent than RB
  • Week 3 – 9/3 @ Newport Central Catholic W
  • Week 4 – 9/10 @ Badin (Fairfield HS) L - great program & haven’t beaten them in years
  • Week 5 – 9/17 @ McNicholas L - Toss up

• Week 6 – 9/24 vs Norwood (Homecoming) W
  • Week 7 – 10/1 @ CHCA L - Toss up could go either way

• Week 8 – 10/8 vs Purcell Marian W
  • Week 9 – 10/15 vs Summit Country Day W
  • Week 10 – 10/22 vs North College Hill (Senior Night) W