2021 Northern Lakes League

So after all of the dust settles, who is going to be Perrysburg's new rival? I'm assuming the Battle for the Bell will be over since Maumee won't be in the new NLL. I don't see the benefit of Perrysburg scheduling Maumee OOC, and Maumee is leaving to find more equally matched games.

So after all of the dust settles, who is going to be Perrysburg's new rival? I'm assuming the Battle for the Bell will be over since Maumee won't be in the new NLL. I don't see the benefit of Perrysburg scheduling Maumee OOC, and Maumee is leaving to find more equally matched games.
It's Anthony Wayne. Has been for several years now. Tomorrow's game is going to be crazy. I expect standing room only.

No one else is even close. Maumee is an afterthought. I really don't even consider them a "rival" anymore. And with them leaving the NLL, any little bit of rivalry that is left, will pretty much die.

Reactions: AXE
I could be wrong but I don't see Findlay scheduling any Toledo privates unless a cold front blows through Satan"s place.
Yeah...I could see them getting a few more Columbus schools on their schedule, and they've had teams like Clay and Bowling Green on there for years, plus I doubt Springfield would say no either. They'll be fine.

Maumee hasn't been a rival of Perrysburg since the early to mid-00s. Sure they have a trophy with both of their names on it, and Maumee has pulled a game or two from them in the last decade and a half. To be a rivalry you have to have competition throughout the school, and I don't think Maumee has been even close to them in any of the other sports since that period of time.

Second week in a row Central Catholic JV team has a team cancel because lack of players, good luck with future NLL schools Clay and Lima.

According to Eitel the football game was actually 6-6 between Maumee and Perrysburg from 00-‘11. Maumee is 1-8 from ‘12-present with ‘17 being the lone win.

According to Eitel the football game was actually 6-6 between Maumee and Perrysburg from 00-‘11. Maumee is 1-8 from ‘12-present with ‘17 being the lone win.
It wasn't that long ago that the Panthers were a consistent playoff team. The absurd amount of young families moving into Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne are what did the entire league in. I guess I can't be a hypocrite though, I grew up towards Fremont and live in Perrysburg lol

It wasn't that long ago that the Panthers were a consistent playoff team. The absurd amount of young families moving into Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne are what did the entire league in. I guess I can't be a hypocrite though, I grew up towards Fremont and live in Perrysburg lol
Really, that's kind of the story. Maumee has no population recharge...they're the most cyclically locked community in Ohio (property values don't incentivize sales for empty nesters, no places to build for new families, etc.). I'd venture a guess that they'll be damn good in most sports once again in maybe the 2030s when the parents from the 00's move out or die out and allow for new families to move in. Maumee was where a lot of those Monclova/Perrysburg Twp. families were moving a building in the 80s and 90s...that's why they ballooned to almost 300 per class in the mid 00's (now they're closer to 160). Those families had their oldest kids graduating in the early to mid 00s and their youngest was done in the early 10's...now there is no one left to build that population back up. Forrester-Worley built all of those homes around Fairfield Elementary/Lucas County Rec Center and on the other side of those train tracks between 1985-1993, and that was kind of the last track of homes to build in general in Maumee where normal people could (of course there are a few plots on the river, but that's a different story entirely).

Really, that's kind of the story. Maumee has no population recharge...they're the most cyclically locked community in Ohio (property values don't incentivize sales for empty nesters, no places to build for new families, etc.). I'd venture a guess that they'll be damn good in most sports once again in maybe the 2030s when the parents from the 00's move out or die out and allow for new families to move in. Maumee was where a lot of those Monclova/Perrysburg Twp. families were moving a building in the 80s and 90s...that's why they ballooned to almost 300 per class in the mid 00's (now they're closer to 160). Those families had their oldest kids graduating in the early to mid 00s and their youngest was done in the early 10's...now there is no one left to build that population back up.
Bingo. Still though Maumee was D2 until 2013, and hasn't yet fallen down to D4 so it's not that bad of a situation there. If anything, I'd compare Maumee/Rossford to what we've seen with Lakota, Gibsonburg, Elmwood, Fostoria and Woodmore where the league got a couple big dogs (Genoa/Eastwood) and it absolutely murdered participation numbers at the smaller schools. Likewise, Perrysburg & Anthony Wayne became absolute big dogs once Southview's run ended. Hard to believe the likes of Southview, Maumee and Napoleon were all league champs in that era

Shame on Clay and Lima. If only they could use vouchers as athletic scholarships.
Turn the page dude or get some therapy, your turning into that uncomfortable uncle we all hate seeing during the holidays. Your hatred toward Central Catholic is noted, congrats on another mention today, happy Friday to you.

Dominant first half by the Yellow Jackets yet they trail 7–6. Two dropped passes that would’ve been first downs killed them.

Missed extra point and a missed field goal by the Jackets. Outside of a Hail Mary the Anthony Wayne offenses has done nothing. Probably 200 to 75 in total offense. Jackets get the ball to start the second half.

Turn the page dude or get some therapy, your turning into that uncomfortable uncle we all hate seeing during the holidays. Your hatred toward Central Catholic is noted, congrats on another mention today, happy Friday to you.
I do not hate bro. You took a jab at schools while enjoying a tremendous advantage through EdChoice. One that CCHS uses extremely well. I've pointed out countless times that Central's accumulation of the city's top talent did not just happen by chance. How many Catholic kids on this years team anyway? Can we get a poll? Asking for a friend.

How many two-way guys does AW have? Perrysburg? I believe it showed last night.
Not sure about AW, but Pburg has a handful. They are not full two-way players though. They go in and out quite a bit. Nobody that I can think of plays every snap both ways.

AW beat us last night. However, the hail mary TD that was an INT was absolutely ridiculous. Anyone who hasn't seen it watch the highlight on BCSN. The Pburg DB literally caught the ball and landed in the end zone with the AW receiver on him. The AW kid wrestled it away WHILE ON THE GROUNG AFTER THE CATCH.

Not only is there a shortage of officials in high school, but there is a shortage of competent officials in high school football. Absolutely atrocious call.

It was 6-0 at the time and a TO like that could've changed the game. Would've been a touch back and Pburg would've had all the momentum.

Just irks me that officials are almost deciding these games. TWO unsportsmanlike calls against Pburg? A penalty (or warning, can't remember) on the Pburg D-Coordinator after the BS INT, but yet Brungard was on the field half the game complaining about everything.

Frustrating.

Have seen the highlights of the play multiple times, yes it was an awful call. My only question is this, why is the Perrysburg DB going for the interception when it’s 4th down. A turnover on downs gives them better field position then the touchback would have. Just knock the ball down

Not sure about AW, but Pburg has a handful. They are not full two-way players though. They go in and out quite a bit. Nobody that I can think of plays every snap both ways.

AW beat us last night. However, the hail mary TD that was an INT was absolutely ridiculous. Anyone who hasn't seen it watch the highlight on BCSN. The Pburg DB literally caught the ball and landed in the end zone with the AW receiver on him. The AW kid wrestled it away WHILE ON THE GROUNG AFTER THE CATCH.

Not only is there a shortage of officials in high school, but there is a shortage of competent officials in high school football. Absolutely atrocious call.

It was 6-0 at the time and a TO like that could've changed the game. Would've been a touch back and Pburg would've had all the momentum.

Just irks me that officials are almost deciding these games. TWO unsportsmanlike calls against Pburg? A penalty (or warning, can't remember) on the Pburg D-Coordinator after the BS INT, but yet Brungard was on the field half the game complaining about everything.

Frustrating.
The one replay I've seen shows the AW player with both arms around the ball while they are still on their feet. If you've got something better, post it.