2021 Miami Valley League

This league - in all sports - is lacking. In almost any sport, there are only two decent teams.

Anyone agree with me that Greeneville and West Carrollton should be asked to leave and just go with a traditional 8 team conference? That way good teams could play better teams out of conference and have a chance to do something in the state tournaments.

Outside of Golf, Greeneville finished last in every Fall sport!
And your leaving Fairborn in there?

This just isn’t a strong conference overall. Plain and simple. They are a good baseball conference and that is about it

You athletic department needs to make a commitment to your entire program. I have talked to kids in various sports and in various programs who hate driving all that distance to play you r poor teams
Would the SWBL be much shorter driving distance for Greenville?

The league formed to get out of playing the big schools in the GWOC. I really think this is the only league for these teams. Were are they suppose to go? The SWOC in the Cincinnati is in alot worse shape than this league. It may benefit some teams to go to the SWBL but it wouldn't help the D2 teams.

In every league there usually are issues with a few teams that don't belong.

Until Greenville Athletics Department pushes for a weight lifting program inside the school day, with a better facility and hold coaches to the standard of winning they will only be as good as a class here and there. They stick with people who are nice and homegrown. They need to make a change and it starts from the top!

Until Greenville Athletics Department pushes for a weight lifting program inside the school day, with a better facility and hold coaches to the standard of winning they will only be as good as a class here and there. They stick with people who are nice and homegrown. They need to make a change and it starts from the top!
Is winning the primary purpose of high school sports?

This league - in all sports - is lacking. In almost any sport, there are only two decent teams.

Anyone agree with me that Greeneville and West Carrollton should be asked to leave and just go with a traditional 8 team conference? That way good teams could play better teams out of conference and have a chance to do something in the state tournaments.

Outside of Golf, Greeneville finished last in every Fall sport!
16 teams make tournament. The league isnt keeping anyone from making it. If your team doesnt go far in the tourney thats there fault.

I thought Greenville kids were tough played really hard Friday. They have no speed. Nothing wrong with the coaching Friday. Butler is slow and was much faster than Greenville.

I thought Greenville kids were tough played really hard Friday. They have no speed. Nothing wrong with the coaching Friday. Butler is slow and was much faster than Greenville.
Watch the film again. Trust me it's not just the coaching but competitive teams make adjustments in game and put their teams in the best possible spots to be successful.

Let’s be honest, there are only 3 schools who are annually competitive in almost all sports and that’s Sidney, Troy and Tipp. Butler and Piqua have their strong suites in baseball and football but besides football, Piqua is terrible at just about everything else. We all know that football is king. I think finding a way to add Bellbrook and Franklin to the conference while dropping West Carrollton and maybe one more would help the conference tremendously

Let’s be honest, there are only 3 schools who are annually competitive in almost all sports and that’s Sidney, Troy and Tipp. Butler and Piqua have their strong suites in baseball and football but besides football, Piqua is terrible at just about everything else. We all know that football is king. I think finding a way to add Bellbrook and Franklin to the conference while dropping West Carrollton and maybe one more would help the conference tremendously
I agree. Sidney has been near the top in every sport (Besides football) regardless of season.

I agree with adding Bellbrook and Franklin, but we have to keep WC to have an even 12. That's a perfect number. That way you can have 5 divisional games and two crossovers for 7 conference games and 3 non-cons.

Greenville is competitive in almost all girls sports in the MVL, it's boys sports where they are struggling to compete currently.

This just isn’t a strong conference overall. Plain and simple. They are a good baseball conference and that is about it
Piqua, Troy, Tipp, and occasionally Butler are held back by the lower tier teams and the mvl forcing them to play everyone in the league isn’t helping at all. They shouldn’t have to schedule d1 teams but there are plenty of really good d2-d3 teams they can play regularly to get them ready for playoffs.

When you put all the sports together Butler is as good as any school in MVL.

Watch the film again. Trust me it's not just the coaching but competitive teams make adjustments in game and put their teams in the best possible spots to be successful.
I dont need to watch it again. I was there. There are 2 or 3 athletes on your entire team.

Your school has no athletes. You struggle in football, basketball, track, wrestling, baseball. Its all coaching?

Greenvile 2020
Track 9th of 10
Wresting 6th
baseball 4-14 in league
Football 2-5 in league
Soccer 0-10
Cross Country 6th

Its all coaching in Greenville? :D

I agree with adding Bellbrook and Franklin, but we have to keep WC to have an even 12. That's a perfect number. That way you can have 5 divisional games and two crossovers for 7 conference games and 3 non-cons.
Might wanna ask the SWBL about that. The drive to those two would be terrible for the MVL schools.

Might wanna ask the SWBL about that. The drive to those two would be terrible for the MVL schools.
Sidney to Franklin and Bellbrook is an hour, Greenville to Franklin or Bellbrook is just a few minutes longer. The Dayton area schools are right there close by. You could ride your bicycle from Xenia to Bellbrook. I don't see how the distance is a major sticking point.

When you put all the sports together Butler is as good as any school in MVL.
This is patently false, they are good but they are not as good as any school, they are third in their own division in conference championship

Division championships since inception of the MVL

Sidney 23
Tipp 18
Troy 10
Butler 7
Fairborn 5
Xenia 5
West Carrollton 3
Stebbins 2
Greenville 2
Piqua 1

Last edited:
This is patently false, they are good but they are not as good as any school, they are third in their own division in conference championship

Division championships since inception of the MVL

Sidney 23
Tipp 18
Troy 10
Butler 7
Fairborn 5
Xenia 5
West Carrollton 3
Stebbins 2
Greenville 2
Piqua 1
Wow. Sidney with 23!!!