2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eaton is winnable, also very losable.
make noise? IDK, I hope so. I think MU is good, I don't know if they're McNick, Wyoming, Massie good. I think they can play with those teams, don't think they would be favored though.

For OSHAA not to do the student enrollment count for divisions for three years and claiming Covid is pure laziness.
Agreed. They are so worried about the playoffs for "promotion" when really they need to be on top of enrollment for competition and playoff points reasonings. They should be promoting by helping struggling programs, rewarding compliant successful programs, recruiting referees, in person grading of referees, facilities, coaches, & AD's. Also, if they're going to expand the playoffs then they need to help on trips 2 + hours with funding or assignment of charter busses. That's a few ideas I think this extra funding should go towards.

Eaton is winnable, also very losable.
make noise? IDK, I hope so. I think MU is good, I don't know if they're McNick, Wyoming, Massie good. I think they can play with those teams, don't think they would be favored though.
I would think MU can hang with anyone in the region, not sure they would be the favorite but they can play with any of these teams. I would not be shocked if they knocked of Eaton, I think it's a 7 point game either way.

MU has an enrollment in the HS of around 400. Not sure what that equates to. But it's not division 4. Eaton is much bigger than MU. I think actually the Dogs are really a d5-6 school.

MU has an enrollment in the HS of around 400. Not sure what that equates to. But it's not division 4. Eaton is much bigger than MU. I think actually the Dogs are really a d5-6 school.
400 kids in the school 1/2 boys 200 and the enrollment is a 3 year count so 150. Without CB numbers Milton would be a Big D6. Give or take Boys to girls in the 3 classes.

FB_IMG_1636123406185.jpg

Congrats Bulldogs!

Pure laziness on OHSSA for not doing the count this year. I like how they used Covid as an excuse not doing the count. Covid has nothing to do with making a count.

Riverside did not play well at all tonight (refs made it worse), but did enough to win.

4 playoff wins in the last 2 years!
Congrats on the win and making it to the regional semifinal. Last TRC team standing. Certainly going to need game of their lives to hope to just sneak by Marion.

Shoot its Sunday morning, let's just stay positive and focus on the accomplishment of getting to round three.

I think with the results of 2021 season and the playoff results, to-date, the TRC is a success. Milton, TC and Riverside really have represented the league well.
2022 should be a great year. I would think Milton and Riverside should be the top 2 again. Milton returns much of this 2021 team. Riverside will return a really good QB.

I think with the results of 2021 season and the playoff results, to-date, the TRC is a success. Milton, TC and Riverside really have represented the league well.
2022 should be a great year. I would think Milton and Riverside should be the top 2 again. Milton returns much of this 2021 team. Riverside will return a really good QB.
Agreed, a nice first season for the league. I think for the league to achieve the most overall success, it requires the current teams to continue to produce, but you need Covington and Miami East to become relevant again. That would be a big boost and probably something most people expect to happen. Northridge was definitely a pleasant surprise.

Agreed, a nice first season for the league. I think for the league to achieve the most overall success, it requires the current teams to continue to produce, but you need Covington and Miami East to become relevant again. That would be a big boost and probably something most people expect to happen. Northridge was definitely a pleasant surprise.
100% agree.
I think Troy Christian might regress, they lose a big senior class and I'm not sure how long Nolan is staying?
Roll has resigned at Lehman, so we'll see who takes over there.
Covington and East should cycle back up.
Northridge loses Turpin, but Henry is back and very good.
I expect MU and Riverside to be good again.
Bethel is the one that I don't see their path to success. Not that it's not there! Just I don't know enough about them to know what it is!

I see spread offenses at so many of these schools. If I was one of the league schools not winning much, I would try to be different. It helped Milton in weeks 9,10,11 to not have to be spread when the weather wasn't great.

Bethel will need to make some coaching changes to give themselves some hope. Those guys don't know what they're doing. Covington has some fight in them for sure. Miami East I have mixed feelings about.. TC is very tough but graduated 16 seniors on a 30 or so roster, with no JH team.. Uh Oh.

This is A big issue with small schools in d7. Either the program is there and the kids are buying in, or it's terrible and they live from one season to the next.
East, Covington, Riverside will all be fine. Right now, Milton is the 900lb gorilla in the league. I do think after this class of juniors graduates, Riverside will be the favorite with that qb they have.
I know MU is building a strong program from the youth on up. Pearce has the assistants around him to build a really strong program long into the future.

It's interesting that schools without junior high teams was mentioned. This is in fact a major issue for many of the smaller schools. In the WOAC, there are multiple schools without junior high teams. I just don't see how you can have any consistent numbers at the high school level if that's the case. Obviously those fluctuations between classes will cause some major swings year to year in a smaller school. If a team like TC has 30 kids but loses 16 this given year, without a good influx to replace it, consistency is almost impossible.

This is A big issue with small schools in d7. Either the program is there and the kids are buying in, or it's terrible and they live from one season to the next.
East, Covington, Riverside will all be fine. Right now, Milton is the 900lb gorilla in the league. I do think after this class of juniors graduates, Riverside will be the favorite with that qb they have.
I know MU is building a strong program from the youth on up. Pearce has the assistants around him to build a really strong program long into the future.
Everyone in our conference will be okay, but it is an issue. Some small schools in the NW Ohio have struggled. Like old NWCC country. I honestly don't know hoe southern Ohio football succeeds, outside of D1, football is garbage down there.

Bethel will need to make some coaching changes to give themselves some hope. Those guys don't know what they're doing. Covington has some fight in them for sure. Miami East I have mixed feelings about.. TC is very tough but graduated 16 seniors on a 30 or so roster, with no JH team.. Uh Oh.
I don't think TC has had a Jr high team in several years. They will be cyclical like that. Every 3-4 years they will have a strong class come thru.

Yeah, well-coached team. Riverside is an impressive program. I was very impressed with the fan support, the facilities, and the intensity they played with.
Marion Local is a well oiled machine. They hang their hats on defense.
Congrats to Marion on the win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.