2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

Why is everyone assuming McKinley is flaking out because he is taking personal time? Has no one else ever taken personal time for things like a a sick parent, a grandparent's funeral, etc. Maybe reserve judgement until you know something. ?‍♂️

Why is everyone assuming McKinley is flaking out because he is taking personal time? Has no one else ever taken personal time for things like a a sick parent, a grandparent's funeral, etc. Maybe reserve judgement until you know something. ?‍♂️
I don't know that anyone is making that assumption, but is certainly a possibility. He was a first round pick who got into a silly fight with the team demanding to be traded. He was eventually just cut. Three separate teams acquired him between November and December of last season. All three waived him.

I just want the regular season to get here. I've rooted for the Browns since the late 1960's, and have never been this excited. Which as a Browns fan, makes me very concerned about what disaster will hit us. Praying for good health for the team...

I just want the regular season to get here. I've rooted for the Browns since the late 1960's, and have never been this excited. Which as a Browns fan, makes me very concerned about what disaster will hit us. Praying for good health for the team...
Amen, we Browns fans have been psychologically conditioned to always be looking for the other shoe to drop.

I'm amused at the number of Cleveland sportscasters and radio hosts who cannot correctly pronounce the name of the Jacksonville team. They say: " Jag-wires."

Last edited:
Browns legend Dick Schafrath passed away last night. A true legend. I used to take canoes out of livery down in Loudonville. He was just a solid salt of the earth kind of guy. Not the least bit of pretentiousness in the guy.

Browns legend Schafrath passed away last night. A true legend. I used to take canoes out of livery down in Loudonville. He was just a solid salt of the earth kind of guy. Not the least bit of pretentiousness in the guy.
I got to sit at the same table as him at a banquet many years ago … could not agree with you more … sad to hear of his passing.

The experiment is over:

Josh Rosen waived by 49ers … 4th team to dump him … thank god the Browns didn’t listen to some of the experts on here who wanted the Browns to draft this stiff!!!

...and Delpit leaves the field having aggravated his hammy again. Starting to worry about his guy.
Write him off. Anything they ever get from him should be considered a bonus. You’re only as good as your availability. By that measure Delpit is useless.

My father and I began to have season tickets beginning in 1957.
The things I remember about those games in the 50"s was watching Jim Brown in his prime and then the Browns often losing to the Giants 10-7 as Don Chandler and then Pat Summeral kicking the winning FGs as time ran out.

The things I remember about those games in the 50"s was watching Jim Brown in his prime and then the Browns often losing to the Giants 10-7 as Don Chandler and then Pat Summeral kicking the winning FGs as time ran out.
That's a touch before my time. When I was a boy, Leroy Kelly was my favorite.

Should have drafted Antoine Winfield!
I would have been fine with that. Loved him out of college. My buddy told me long before that draft the Browns should take Winfield, so I hear it all time. I was fine with Delpit, though. Hopefully someday Delpit can contribute. He certainly has size and skills.

The press apparently likes Delpit, pitching his injury as a result of how hard he's working to come back from his Achilles injury. I hope he gets healthy as I think he could be a valuable player, especially with Woods fondness of playing 3 safeties.

I wonder if we’ll see Delpit today versus the Giants? I was just kidding. I know we won’t. There’s a better chance of seeing Takk McKinley play a game for the Browns this year than Delpit.

I wonder if we’ll see Delpit today versus the Giants? I was just kidding. I know we won’t. There’s a better chance of seeing Takk McKinley play a game for the Browns this year than Delpit.
Sheldon Richardson may see the field as a Brown before those two.

Is this practice of taking a $100 per seat deposit to merely secure a place on the waiting list for Browns’ season tickets considered common among NFL owners, or is Mr. Rebate Haslam breaking new ground ?