2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

That's become clearer every week. Don't think Stefanski is much of a fan of his either.
And it's a tough spot. Titans were in the same boat with Mariota in 2019. They brought in Tannehill as the backup on a 1 year team friendly deal. If you recall in 2019, Titans started the season with an impressive win at Cleveland, and that was Mariota's last really good game in Tennessee. he struggled the next 6 weeks, and a 16-0 shutout in Denver ended his starting days in Tennessee. Tannehill was put in as the starter and the offense really hummed the rest of the season, and they went all the way AFC title game, losing to the Chiefs.
As much as I liked Mariota, it was time to move on.
The Browns have invested heavily in Baker, both on and off the field. I can't think of a player who's got more pub for doing less.

Just a reminder that a healthy Mayfield was top 10 in QBR in 2020, and led the NFL in completion percentage in 2021 before he got injured. He is not great, but also not terrible. This team can win with him, when he is healthy.

Just a reminder that a healthy Mayfield was top 10 in QBR in 2020, and led the NFL in completion percentage in 2021 before he got injured. He is not great, but also not terrible. This team can win with him, when he is healthy.
Completion percentage really doesn't mean anything if the qb can't lead his team to victory, especially trailing in the 4th qtr, or ahead and needing a first down to seal the victory. After four years he has shown an inability to do either. That indicates a player that is not top tier, merely mediocre.

Is QBR the only stat you use? Is he another Euegnia?

The Browns have invested heavily in Baker, both on and off the field. I can't think of a player who's got more pub for doing less.
There's a novelty in the Browns being relevant at all in the 21st Century. So if Baker gets streaky good (which he does) then the media goes crazy. Hence the commercials, etc. And personality helps, of course. This is a business at the end of the day, and the second most internet traffic regarding NFL teams? The Browns (Philadelphia is first).

I still believe in our gimpy elf! (but yeah he's gotta go by 2023)

I am a Browns fan first. If the Browns have a better option than Mayfield for next season, I'm all ears, but I don't see one. He has been very good (2020) and pretty bad (2021) with the injuries. Not sure which one is the real Mayfield. I suspect the 2020 version is real.

Browns have invested in him, and his teammates seem to love him. Need to give him one more year with the option year, hope for good health, and really see what he is.

Is QBR the only stat you use? Is he another Euegnia?
Jeez you are stupid. I reference 2 different stats in the same sentence. And you use the same tired "joke" (with misspellings) on every thread as you follow me around. Get a life.

Jeez you are stupid. I reference 2 different stats in the same sentence. And you use the same tired "joke" (with misspellings) on every thread as you follow me around. Get a life.
Tell the truth, you just sit around in your room at the nursing home and read ESPN stats and dream about Eugenia

..................... and led the NFL in completion percentage in 2021 before he got injured. ...................................

That was an impressive 2 games, too bad they only got to play 1 game against the Texans where he was 19/21

All the people claiming to be Browns fans and rooting against our QB aren't Browns fans. Twitter is worse than Yappi for that, but seriously, root for all the guys on your team.

And I know that some "Browns fans" that are criticizing Baker call in sick for work with a headache or upset tummy. Baker shows up for a much tougher job with torn labrum, broken bone, and other injuries. Pours his heart out every week for you ingrates.

No one questions his heart, which he has in abundance, or his toughness. It's his play that is criticized. Pro football is a business first and foremost; there are no grades for effort and heart. Look at the countless times he has failed to produce with the game on the line or to lead to team to one first down which could ice the game. I would counter by saying that the real Browns fan roots for the team, not just an individual.

All the people claiming to be Browns fans and rooting against our QB aren't Browns fans. Twitter is worse than Yappi for that, but seriously, root for all the guys on your team.

And I know that some "Browns fans" that are criticizing Baker call in sick for work with a headache or upset tummy. Baker shows up for a much tougher job with torn labrum, broken bone, and other injuries. Pours his heart out every week for you ingrates.
Is he your football crush?

The entire reason I don't want to jettison Baker is because I know his job is hard as hell. Watson's a dead letter probably but he'd bolt by week 6. Rodgers would effectively become CEO and act like a loon. Cleveland is a difficult town to be a QB in, we've been here before. I see absolutely no one on the radar that would work harder or is a better option right now.

That said yeah he's a one read QB and injury or not he's mediocre. Again, he may have a sudden miracle win in him.

Don't care at all what OBJ says or does. He was brought in to lead Todd Monken's air raid scheme and it didn't work. Dorsey's biggest mistake was trying to get a short QB and a short WR together. Congrats to Odell on finding success for the first time in five years, and I hope he tries to be less passive aggressive in the future.

Stefanski and Mayfield have a trial by fire on Monday if the Chiefs beat the Bengals as they should (Cincinnati's defense is awful and Chiefs need #1 seed). Pittsburgh stinks and the Browns are a -3 line on the road. Injury or not Vegas doesn't screw around. These are the games you win if you're good and your ceiling can't be throttling the Bengals or overcoming adversity against bad teams or almost beating good teams. If Mayfield produces a 1 passing TD game with no turnovers, that's fine. All he needs to do.

have you seen bengals play? their defense is far from awful although it could improve at a couple positions. but if you only watched them when they played the stains, then your assessment is accurate. they were awful against the stains.

jtk
()