2021 Cadet World Championships

Watching Bo wrestle reminds me of a house fly that keeps buzzing around your head that you can't kill, and you keep swatting away but just keeps buzzing into your face.

Gavin Nelson falls 4-0 and will finish fifth. Tough finish for Team USA, but they end with six medals including two golds. Looks like India will win the team title, congrats to them on an unexpected accomplishment.

The women just had their best Cadet tournament in the history of Cadets, winning three gold medals and the team championship over Japan and Russia. Sure, Japan wasn't there this year, but they took advantage of the missing team and won the whole thing.

Congrats to Erica Pastoriza, Katie Gomez, and Amit Elor on winning gold medals and Angie Dill, Ava Ward, Audrey Jimenez, and Lillian Freitas for winning bronze. The best wrestler I saw was Elor, who was in a class of her own this week and dominated everyone (I don't think she allowed a point). Elor will also be competing in the Junior world chamionships in four weeks in Russia with other young stars like Kennedy Blades, Kylie Welker, Emily Shilson, and Alara Boyd.

The women just had their best Cadet tournament in the history of Cadets, winning three gold medals and the team championship over Japan and Russia. Sure, Japan wasn't there this year, but they took advantage of the missing team and won the whole thing.

Congrats to Erica Pastoriza, Katie Gomez, and Amit Elor on winning gold medals and Angie Dill, Ava Ward, Audrey Jimenez, and Lillian Freitas for winning bronze. The best wrestler I saw was Elor, who was in a class of her own this week and dominated everyone (I don't think she allowed a point). Elor will also be competing in the Junior world chamionships in four weeks in Russia with other young stars like Kennedy Blades, Kylie Welker, Emily Shilson, and Alara Boyd.
The US women are a force to be reckoned with for many years to come. There were several teens giving our OLY team all they wanted at the trials. Women's wrestling is just starting to blossom in the USA.

45kg PASTORIZA (USA) wins by 10-0, 4-0 and pin in the finals
53kg GOMEZ (USA) wins by 8-1, 5-4, 9-1, and 10-0 in the finals
65kg ELOR (USA) wins by 10-0, 12-0, 10-0 in the finals