2020 SWBL Final Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah some of my scores might be confusing to some but it’s really hard to gauge teams with everything going on! So I’m going to ride with my bold scores and recalibrate for next week if need be ?

I'll go with:

Brookville 28 Eaton 27
Valley View 35 Oakwood 7
Franklin 28 Monroe 7
Bellbrook 14 Waynesville 7
Middletown Madison 21 Preble Shawnee 7
Milton Union 35 Northridge 6
Carlisle 21 Dixie 14

I understand it’s been 46 years but also Milton wasn’t in the Swbl 80’s-90’s. I know Northridge would of beat them a few times through those years. I do agree with the stamina and fortitude and the coaching edge definitely goes to Milton. Hope it’s a good game.
No, Milton was playing vs Versailles, Tipp, Covington, Miami East, Stebbins, Lehman and Springfield Catholic, I wouldn’t say that “I know” they would have won a few. Funny thing is that when we left the SWBL the league was glad because we were dominating it every year. Now I’ve have talked to people that think the SRC was weak. It wasn’t, believe me. I played In both leagues and the SRC was way tougher back then.
Versailles alone would’ve beat anyone in the SWBL, even Valley View, which they did.
The Ridge has just struggled with MU. Last year, look at the score with all that talent the Bears had. In 1981 when I was a sophomore we were told that Northridge was going to beat us. We won by 14.
I like that Northridge is joining the Dogs in the new league.
Best of luck this year.

Other scores (via score stream)
Bellbrook -35
Waynesville - 0

Franklin - 17
Monroe - 0

Brookville - 7
Eaton - 7

Preble Shawnee - 13
Madison - 7

Milton Union - 26
Northridge - 6

Well, the Jacks are off to a embarrassing start. This is as bad as I have seen them play ever.
I think they had 7 or 8 turnovers. I think 4 first downs and non were on the same drive. The TD was a kick return. I don’t think they will win a game if they continue playing like this, but they will make the playoffs.

Valley View, is a good team, they didn’t look like a typical VV powerhouse team I have seen in the past. They were much better than Oakwood tonight, but that’s not saying much.

The only two good things that happened tonight were, the kids got to play and it didn’t rain.

Well, the Jacks are off to a embarrassing start. This is as bad as I have seen them play ever.
I think they had 7 or 8 turnovers. I think 4 first downs and non were on the same drive. The TD was a kick return. I don’t think they will win a game if they continue playing like this, but they will make the playoffs.

Valley View, is a good team, they didn’t look like a typical VV powerhouse team I have seen in the past. They were much better than Oakwood tonight, but that’s not saying much.

The only two good things that happened tonight were, the kids got to play and it didn’t rain.
VV isn’t as big as they usually are but they have a ton of speed and a lot of experience. Not worried about this team

I deserve that. Congrats on the big win, I was actually happy to see you guys get the victory tonight. I can insert my foot in my mouth on that one..
And just one more thing because I remember us talking about Shawnee’s QB this year, I’d guess he had 200 yards passing and 3 TDS 2 of them to Gibson one to Singleton for the other one, he also probably ran for 45-50 yards kid can play wish more people could be there to watch him.

I’m actually glad to see Shawnee successful. This might be their year to win the Buckeye. Waynesville is either not as good as advertised or Bellbrook is a monster.
Madison is up next for MU. How did they look?

Successful week 1 in the books

SWBL SW Side

t1. Valley View (1-0) week 2 - @ Monroe (0-1)
t1. Bellbrook (1-0) week 2 - H Franklin (1-0)
t1. Franklin (1-0) week 2 - @ Bellbrook (1-0)
t1. Brookville (1-0) week 2 - @ Carlisle (1-0)
t5. Eaton (0-1) week 2 - @ Oakwood (0-1)
t5. Oakwood (0-1) week 2 - H Eaton (0-1)
t5. Monroe (0-1) week 2 - H Valley View (1-0)

Buckeye Side

t1. Milton Union (1-0) week 2 - H Madison (0-1)
t1. Preble Shawnee (1-0) week2- @Waynesville (0-1)
t1. Carlisle (1-0) week 2 - H Brookville (1-0)
t4. Madison (0-1) week 2 - @ Milton Union (1-0)
t4. Waynesville (0-1) week 2 - H Preble S. (1-0)
t4. Northridge (0-1) week 2 - @ Dixie (0-1)
t4. Dixie (0-1) week 2 - H Northridge (0-1)

Buckeye is still Waynesville, Milton, Shawnee or Madison
SW looks like Valley View and Bellbrook. Franklin is a sleeper. Bellbrook’s win over Waynesville was impressive. Total beat down.

Status
Not open for further replies.