2020 SWBL Final Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you see you was wrong about the running stat, so let’s try to backpedal out of the original statement to suit our narrative. When teams see they can’t run the ball on you they throw thats football 101. And again no players that will be playing college football; reading comprehension may not be your strong point. Just to be clear 2.5 lower than 3.0 it’s OK

Again. Math isn’t your strong point I see. Neither are logical thoughts and complete sentences. Madison only had the ball run on them 41 times. They then proceeded to get gashed in the air. Brookville had it ran against them for 51 times for 3.8 a carry. Bacon had it ran against them 60 times for 3.0 a carry, and there was no point where Carlisle had any consistent success. For a team that doesn’t play against the option at all, that would seem like success, especially if you’re on the field for the entire game. Bacon’s O played 19 plays. If it’s “football 101” to pass when you can’t run, why did Carlisle not opt for that against Bacon since Bacon held them to 3.0 a carry? That’s because they couldn’t pass if they wanted to. The only narrative that’s being played is your inability to see the facts to uphold your wanna be ESPN analyst take. Not sure where I was wrong, but I’ll leave you to the story in your head.

Iwo
Again. Math isn’t your strong point I see. Neither are logical thoughts and complete sentences. Madison only had the ball run on them 41 times. They then proceeded to get gashed in the air. Brookville had it ran against them for 51 times for 3.8 a carry. Bacon had it ran against them 60 times for 3.0 a carry, and there was no point where Carlisle had any consistent success. For a team that doesn’t play against the option at all, that would seem like success, especially if you’re on the field for the entire game. Bacon’s O played 19 plays. If it’s “football 101” to pass when you can’t run, why did Carlisle not opt for that against Bacon since Bacon held them to 3.0 a carry? That’s because they couldn’t pass if they wanted to. The only narrative that’s being played is your inability to see the facts to uphold your wanna be ESPN analyst take. Not sure where I was wrong, but I’ll leave you to the story in your hea, xl
l
The fact that bacon is better than Carlisle at every position across the board Carlisles offensive line does not average 200 pounds, Bacon had a week to prepare, and you’re trying to make excuses for them or hype them up. Carlisle used this unorthodox option offense unheard of in the catholic league ,,Give me a break! Carlisle might have one kid that could play college football at some level Big maybe, and bacon fielded an All-Star team. This Carlisle team has won five games in the last three years congrats on shutting them down.

Last edited:
Bacon could beat most teams in the SWBL EXCEPT Bellbrook and Valley View.
I think Bellbrook would handle them pretty good and Valley View would be a good game. Bacon is a very good team.

For a team that doesn’t play against the option at all,

You act like the SWBL is filled with triple option teams. Carlisle is the only triple team in the Buckeye division, and their coach took over last year. Most Buckeye teams have played against the triple once in 2 years. Huge advantage over recruiting whatever size area you want to. :rolleyes:

3-
You act like the SWBL is filled with triple option teams. Carlisle is the only triple team in the Buckeye division, and their coach took over last year. Most Buckeye teams have playedFenw against the triple once in 2 years. Huge advantage over recruiting whatever size area you want to. :rolleyes:
This guy is funny baCon just left the gcl last year filed with teams like Alter Fenwick Carroll who historically is all they do. I guess going 4-6, 4-6, 3-7, 3-7 against the option lead them to a very weak mvl. Like us beating them in D4 playoffs last year now hopefully they found a league and Division they can win in. ?

I had posted this on the Carlisle vs. Franklin thread. But some of the numbers on Franklin this season are really interesting in the disparity between their offense and defense.

Check out some of these stats. Franklin has played 8 games so far this year with a 4-4 record. They have scored 17 or less in seven of those eight games. In their losses they've been shutout 3 times. They haven't scored more than 28 points all season in a single game. With all of that being said, they've also posted 2 defensive shutouts and held St. Mary's to a shutout but lost in OT allowing a TD. Franklin has held their opponent to single digits in 6 of their 8 games. Franklin has scored a total of 74 points on the season while allowing 104 total points. That comes out to Franklin scoring 9 ppg while allowing 13 ppg. In this day in age of high school football, those seem some crazy numbers. Their offensive ineptness coupled with their defensive dominance. I just can't remember seeing such stark contrast from one side of the football to another.

In reference to Roger Bacon, I'm not sure how the 2019 team compares to this 2020 team. In 2019, Valley View beat Roger Bacon 28-27 in the first round of the playoffs. The one thing that Roger Bacon will have every time they take the field, especially in DV, is having a DI college RB heading to the SEC. You make one mistake on Kiner and he's gone. He'll hurt you, and can hurt you, on every play he touches the ball.

3-
This guy is funny baCon just left the gcl last year filed with teams like Alter Fenwick Carroll who historically is all they do. I guess going 4-6, 4-6, 3-7, 3-7 against the option lead them to a very weak mvl. Like us beating them in D4 playoffs last year now hopefully they found a league and Division they can win in. ?

In fairness, the GCL-Coed outgrew both Bacon and Purcell Marion. The MVC is a much better fit for both schools and once Kiner graduates Bacon will probably still do well in the league but they won't dominate the way they did this year.

In fairness, the GCL-Coed outgrew both Bacon and Purcell Marion. The MVC is a much better fit for both schools and once Kiner graduates Bacon will probably still do well in the league but they won't dominate the way they did this year.
I’m confused how they outgrew them? Baden McNicholas alter Caroll Fenwick all relatively the same size school. Aside from Cincinnati Hills Christian The MVL year in and year out their league is loaded with bottom feeders. It’s really but a little bit more than a city league

I’m confused how they outgrew them? Baden McNicholas alter Caroll Fenwick all relatively the same size school. Aside from Cincinnati Hills Christian The MVL year in and year out their league is loaded with bottom feeders. It’s really but a little bit more than a city league

All those schools are DIII except McNick who is DIV. RB and PM are both DV and according to some of their supporters their enrollment is trending down not up. Hence RB's move from DIV to DV this year. It's hard to compete week in and week out in a league full of schools two divisions larger than you. I'm not defending the post by the RB fan, just pointing out that it was a good move from a competitive standpoint for both. The MVC is a league full of DV-DVII schools. PM isn't dominating in the MVC. They're doing better than they did in the GCL-Coed, but not killing it. I suspect once Kiner is gone RB will have a similar level of success. And that's not to mention that PM just beat one of the better teams out of the SWBL this year in the playoffs. Not too bad for a team from a league full of bottom feeders.

All those schools are DIII except McNick who is DIV. RB and PM are both DV and according to some of their supporters their enrollment is trending down not up. Hence RB's move from DIV to DV this year. It's hard to compete week in and week out in a league full of schools two divisions larger than you. I'm not defending the post by the RB fan, just pointing out that it was a good move from a competitive standpoint for both. The MVC is a league full of DV-DVII schools. PM isn't dominating in the MVC. They're doing better than they did in the GCL-Coed, but not killing it. I suspect once Kiner is gone RB will have a similar level of success. And that's not to mention that PM just beat one of the better teams out of the SWBL this year in the playoffs. Not too bad for a team from a league full of bottom feeders.

I'll reply to you, since you are actually logical. The only points made were about the math and difficulty defending option when you never see it. I apologize if that rubbed some the wrong way. Everyone and their mom knows Carlisle doesn't have talent and that Bacon does. No one was debating that.

You are 100% right on the comment about switching leagues and the reasoning. I despise the fact that Bacon left the GCL because they can play with those teams if they have the coaching. Bacon went 4-6 in 2018 with no existence of a defense and only Kiner on offense, and loss close games to playoff contenders in Lake Huron (non league), Badin, & CJ by a possession. Bacon is a sleeping giant if they can get it rolling. However, the move does make sense from a enrollment standpoint and travel standpoint for all sports. Traveling to Dayton when you are in the center of Cincinnati 2-3 times a year for football and more for other sports on weeknights is rough on student athletes. Also, PM beating Brookville shocked me. PM hadn't beaten anyone of signifance.

So Miami East notified Milton that they cannot play this week. MU is looking for a replacement game. ?. COVID strikes again.

So Miami East notified Milton that they cannot play this week. MU is looking for a replacement game. ?. COVID strikes again.
You hate to hear that. Hopefully MU can find a replacement. You are starting to see more and more teams cancel games because of COVID. I believe Preble Shawnee forfeited a tournament vball game last night because of the same thing.

You hate to hear that. Hopefully MU can find a replacement. You are starting to see more and more teams cancel games because of COVID. I believe Preble Shawnee forfeited a tournament vball game last night because of the same thing.
Sadly ended all fall sports for Shawnee good news are kids won’t get Covid 19 in winter sports I’ve heard antibodies last 90 to 100.days.

Yeah It's Milton... They won't cancel. They'll play a d1 and get smoked first. I think the COVID thing is getting out of hand. People are surviving and kids especially. I don't think Milton will have an issue finding someone, it'll be, can we complete with them. Defiance is one we can, Miami Trace we can...Walnut Hills, Central Crossing no way.

Yeah It's Milton... They won't cancel. They'll play a d1 and get smoked first. I think the COVID thing is getting out of hand. People are surviving and kids especially. I don't think Milton will have an issue finding someone, it'll be, can we complete with them. Defiance is one we can, Miami Trace we can...Walnut Hills, Central Crossing no way.
I wonder if National Trail could be an option? They don't show an opponent on Maxpreps, and their school calendar shows Ansonia. In which, Ansonia has a playoff game this weekend. National Trail and Milton Union start playing each other as part of their OOC schedule next year, why not start a year sooner?

Is Madison done for the year?
Looks like they are, I can’t say I really blame them if these let’s play for fun games are going to happen, I at least hope coaches play the kids that will be there next year at least half the time, if not I’m not really sure what the point is.

Looks like they are, I can’t say I really blame them if these let’s play for fun games are going to happen, I at least hope coaches play the kids that will be there next year at least half the time, if not I’m not really sure what the point is.
What happened to or at Madison?

When did football become anything but "play for fun"? These kids have worked their butts off and deserve a full season. Not sure why Madison has ended their season but it's likely due to the rona.

easy easy. Brookville is 3-4 in league and there’s a drop off after the top 2 . I’d like to give Franklin more respect based off of the vv win but let’s be real, that was a hangover game for vv after playing bellbrook, they play that game again valley view trounces them.
Don’t beat your chest based off beating Brookville. They get handily beat by the top 2-3 teams in the swbl consistently for the past 5+ years, their record and sitting mid conference is deceiving .
No knock to Brookville, their coaches or kids , great program but let’s call an ACE an ACE, their a step behind . Take the PM win somewhere else , not impressive

easy easy. Brookville is 3-4 in league and there’s a drop off after the top 2 . I’d like to give Franklin more respect based off of the vv win but let’s be real, that was a hangover game for vv after playing bellbrook, they play that game again valley view trounces them.
Don’t beat your chest based off beating Brookville. They get handily beat by the top 2-3 teams in the swbl consistently for the past 5+ years, their record and sitting mid conference is deceiving .
No knock to Brookville, their coaches or kids , great program but let’s call an ACE an ACE, their a step behind . Take the PM win somewhere else , not impressive
I'm an SWBL/Butler County football guy. I'm not beating my chest about anything with PM, in fact I know very little about them. Another poster was beating up on Roger Bacon and I simply pointed out that an average team, from a bottom feeder conference (his words) beat one of the better programs in the SWBL. Like it or not, top to bottom Brookville is one of the top 5 football teams in the SWBL, maybe even top 3 this year. Maybe you don't think so, but Brookville should have been heavily favored against PM and that is an impressive win for an average team out of the MVC.

I really like seeing the WBL vs. SWBL matchups in the OOC this week. Good games for both Oakwood and MU to have picked up. If I had to guess, I think Milton-Union and Celina win those games, but it would be fun to see more of those matchups in the future.

I posted this over on the game thread, but I watched some live streams of IH on YouTube. To be honest, these two teams look so similar it's not funny. Both with very athletic QB's that can run and throw. Athletic RB's and WR's. It honestly looks like a pretty evenly matched game.

I will agree, VV has played the stronger schedule to date. Playing a team like Bellbrook will be beneficial despite the loss in OT. Even facing Franklin and their defense in another OT loss will pay dividends. IH wasn't as tested this season with no OOC games or their annual rivalry with Wyoming.

I'm an SWBL/Butler County football guy. I'm not beating my chest about anything with PM, in fact I know very little about them. Another poster was beating up on Roger Bacon and I simply pointed out that an average team, from a bottom feeder conference (his words) beat one of the better programs in the SWBL. Like it or not, top to bottom Brookville is one of the top 5 football teams in the SWBL, maybe even top 3 this year. Maybe you don't think so, but Brookville should have been heavily favored against PM and that is an impressive win for an average team out of the MVC.

Your assessment is valid, but I wouldn't even call them average. Purcell is a bottom feeder of their side of the league. They've been histroically BAD. Some solid athletes there though. They have not won more than 2 conference games in the GCL or MVC since maybe 2011. Nobody (maybe even Purcell) expected them to beat Brookville. I don't know much about the SWBL, so I refuse to attack the conference. With that being said, the writing is on the wall...

Status
Not open for further replies.