2020 Canton McKinley Football Season

It's October 25, 2020

On the St Ignatius thread,

MentorGrad2002

That Canton McKinley scheduled Mentor for the next two seasons.

Dave Dawg, Do you know anything about this???

:):cool::p:D:unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

According to Arbiter, that is accurate. Home and home openers for the 2021 and 2022 seasons. August 20, 2021 in Canton and August 19, 2022 in Mentor.

So in your 100x of life you’ve lived more than me, there isn’t enough experience in that life of yours to win games as McKinley’s head coach?

cmon man apply for the job. Tell Wattley to his face that he can’t coach this team. You do all the work to get out of the farm league you hate.
He put himself in a position to be criticized. I'm a 67 yo retired physician and I'm back in Corpus Christi for the winter what was your job killing hogs at a meat packing plant, farmer? I accepted criticism when I was an officer in the army and accepted criticism if I did a bad job and so should he, smelling cow manure and using corn cobs as toilet paper has made your brain soft. The first thing pin heads like you say is "Why don't you coach if you think you're so smart?" That's the stupidest statement of all. I have eyes in my head to tell if something is performing well or not. Why don't you coach, man of small mind, evidently you think you know more than me. Its probably 10 x better than what you do now if you're not collecting welfare checks. Yeah the league stinks and most think it does, what about it? I think it hurt McKinley's tradition, playing farm schools consistently. Massillon is going through them like a hot knife through butter. As I said I'll worry about what's going on in Canton and you worry what's going on in that garbage dump that lies between Canton and Massillon. But keep sayin it over and over "You coach, you coach" if that's the only argument you have to defend the farm league you are a very stupid man. C'mon man, give some Amish wisdom on why Wattley is a great coach ( the 35-7 pasting he took against Massillon says you're wrong) or the farm league plays the best football in the state. Here, I got one for you "Cooking don't last cookin' do" Maybe that will placate you.

It's October 25, 2020
On the St Ignatius thread,

MentorGrad2002
That Canton McKinley scheduled Mentor for the next two seasons.

Dave Dawg, Do you know anything about this???
:):cool::p:D:unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

actual link to post...

Maybe they will. Canton McKinley just scheduled us for the next two years after avoiding us for a decade plus. Guessing they perceive we won't be as good in those years

There are several reasons why series end or not renewed
examples...
=> mutually open dates
=> a team may not want a Friday or Saturday game
=> may not want to open with that opponent
=> proximity of opponent on schedule (opponent prior and/or next)
=> both teams may need a home game
=> compensation for expenses or guarantee (IE. $$$$$)
=> approval over officiating crew
=> league change
=> coaching change

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

McKinley vs. Mentor
7 games / McK 4 / Mentor 3

First game 1994 / last game 2019
R = regular season / T = Tournament
R - 1994 McKinley 28 - 21 Mentor (@ Men)
R - 1995 McKinley 29 - 16 Mentor (@ Can)
R - 1996 McKinley 36 - 00 Mentor (@ Men)
R - 1997 McKinley 49 - 00 Mentor (@ Can)
- all of the above played 4th game of the season -
T - 2006 McKinley 13 - 18 Mentor (Neutral @ Massillon) -Regional title game-
T - 2018 McKinley 06 - 36 Mentor (Neutral @ Brunswick)
T - 2019 McKinley 13 - 34 Mentor (Neutral @ Twinsburg)

:>---

EGA

Last edited:
I have to wonder which team ended the series.
Remember McK won the state title in 97 / repeated in 98
and was a considered a contender in 99.
By 2004 the Bulldogs were in the Federal and then the open dates
would be in weeks 1,2,3.

This is when Iggy went off the schedule, although initially talks were
held to play week 1, this never came to fruit under McK's coach Cross.

(I hope all of this helped)

PS. Regarding Iggy, prior to St.Ignatius being a part of the regular season
schedule they were part of the scrimmage line-up for several years and
since then they are almost always a part of the current scrimmage slate
usually in Canton.

:>---

EGA

Last edited:
He put himself in a position to be criticized. I'm a 67 yo retired physician and I'm back in Corpus Christi for the winter what was your job killing hogs at a meat packing plant, farmer? I accepted criticism when I was an officer in the army and accepted criticism if I did a bad job and so should he, smelling cow manure and using corn cobs as toilet paper has made your brain soft. The first thing pin heads like you say is "Why don't you coach if you think you're so smart?" That's the stupidest statement of all. I have eyes in my head to tell if something is performing well or not. Why don't you coach, man of small mind, evidently you think you know more than me. Its probably 10 x better than what you do now if you're not collecting welfare checks. Yeah the league stinks and most think it does, what about it? I think it hurt McKinley's tradition, playing farm schools consistently. Massillon is going through them like a hot knife through butter. As I said I'll worry about what's going on in Canton and you worry what's going on in that garbage dump that lies between Canton and Massillon. But keep sayin it over and over "You coach, you coach" if that's the only argument you have to defend the farm league you are a very stupid man. C'mon man, give some Amish wisdom on why Wattley is a great coach ( the 35-7 pasting he took against Massillon says you're wrong) or the farm league plays the best football in the state. Here, I got one for you "Cooking don't last cookin' do" Maybe that will placate you.
You mad bruh? I’m not criticizing my coach and program. Even in the years Perry stunk, I gave our coaches And program the benefit of the doubt. I believe a coach deserves 3 seasons in order to see what he does with the program long term. Hell Wakefield went 0-13 his first year. Within two seasons Perry was playing for a championship.
As a physician don’t you need patience to do your job so that it’s done well? Is coaching different?

Last edited:
Hey leave us farmers alone that guy is from "The" township and they hate farmers !!!!!

Hey leave us farmers alone that guy is from "The" township and they hate farmers !!!!!

yeah I feel like if it weren’t for richville, the PTO would be a bunch of hobby farmers with ATVs and monster truck golf carts like Tuslaw folk.

The other McK thread went to hell already,I will stay on this one till 2021 comes along.Any updates on the whats going on since the end of the season,heard some surprising things being past along.