2020 Alliance Aviators

Alliance1

Alliance will head into 2020 with solid non league schedule featuring Lake, Niles, Chardon, and Louisville. The EBC should be more competitive this year where I think Minerva, Carrollton, and West Branch should be improved.

Alliance returns Alexander at QB/WR and Hartsoe QB/LB who filled in for Alexander at QB when Brandon got hurt and broke the single game passing record held by Charles Baab against the Dukes week 10. D.Bugara a solid DB/WR/P and a few other returning letter winners. Alliance also has some up and coming talent with Davis, Hancock, Simms, C.Bugara, and a very exceptional Freshman class. The Whiting Era has returned pride to the sky and hopefully will continue with eventual playoff victories.

CaptainA and chocolatecity Where you at?

Lets talk about the boys playing some ball!!!!

Question is who should start at QB? Or should they let both them boys play some ball!!!You left off Andrew Datz who should be the aviators best defensive lineman and is a big time playmaker at TE.

From Social Media, It looks like great things are happening with the Aviators! Should be another great year. The program has truly turned around in the Whiting Era.

Why did Alliance cancel week one game at Hubbard after signing contract to do so? I thought this was a great matchup and would have liked to see it continue. It was competitive as well, Hubbard winning in 2018 at Hubbard and the Aviators at home winning in 2019. Travel couldn't have been the excuse because you have Niles on the schedule, a Niles down year I might add and Hubbard will be slightly improved. Will wait for a response.

I agree roberto, Hubbard/Alliance was a nice matchup for both schools. I hope one day in the near future this series can, and will, continue for years to come.

Why did Alliance cancel week one game at Hubbard after signing contract to do so? I thought this was a great matchup and would have liked to see it continue. It was competitive as well, Hubbard winning in 2018 at Hubbard and the Aviators at home winning in 2019. Travel couldn't have been the excuse because you have Niles on the schedule, a Niles down year I might add and Hubbard will be slightly improved. Will wait for a response.
Niles will be average again I think.

From what I hear Alliance needed to have a home game week 1 or have only 4 home games and Hubbard wouldn’t flip years, who knows thats just what I heard at the Naborhood inn.

I think if they’re lucky alliance beats Niles OOC big that’s it
You think Louisville is gonna beat the Aviators? With who? They graduated all their talent and have low numbers coming up this year. Alliance had a good team last year and graduates only 5-6 players. Lake lost a lot but I see that as a good game. Chardon you saw what happened last year but, Hubbard did the same thing to the Aviators and got beat at mount union stadium last year. Niles is not a gimme but it was close last year and they lost a lot. So personally I fully expect the aviators to win 2-3 OOC and run the EBC again.

from my understanding it was both teams needed a 5th home game. So poor planning on both AD’s, shame I enjoyed playing the Eagles.

You think Louisville is gonna beat the Aviators? With who? They graduated all their talent and have low numbers coming up this year. Alliance had a good team last year and graduates only 5-6 players. Lake lost a lot but I see that as a good game. Chardon you saw what happened last year but, Hubbard did the same thing to the Aviators and got beat at mount union stadium last year. Niles is not a gimme but it was close last year and they lost a lot. So personally I fully expect the aviators to win 2-3 OOC and run the EBC again.
They lost to niles last season who stunk. Hard to believe they’ll beat an established program like louisville regardless. Alliance had a good team last season in the EBC. But that’s why they play the games

They lost to niles last season who stunk. Hard to believe they’ll beat an established program like louisville regardless. Alliance had a good team last season in the EBC. But that’s why they play the games
Established? They’re on their third coach in as many seasons and when was the last time they made the playoffs? Last time I checked Whiting’s boys beat Louisville the last time they played. Louisville was an established program for many years but I feel they need to re-establish themselves before you make that claim.

Established? They’re on their third coach in as many seasons and when was the last time they made the playoffs? Last time I checked Whiting’s boys beat Louisville the last time they played. Louisville was an established program for many years but I feel they need to re-establish themselves before you make that claim.
Maybe y’all should invite back to the EBC since you aren’t afraid of them anymore

I think the Aviators are proving they "aren't afraid" by putting them back on their Schedule ............ Aviators cant control what the rest of the league does.
I have a lot of respect for the Alliance program what Whiting has done, will be the favorite in 2020 and just about every year after. . But keep in mind they are a D2 team playing in a D4 league so they better play a strong OOC schedule.

from my understanding it was both teams needed a 5th home game. So poor planning on both AD’s, shame I enjoyed playing the Eagles.
I know a lot of Hubbard fans would like to see a Hubbard/Alliance series start back up, hopefully we could see this happen sooner than later

Good luck Alliance in 2020 from the Hubbard faithful.

I have a lot of respect for the Alliance program what Whiting has done, will be the favorite in 2020 and just about every year after. . But keep in mind they are a D2 team playing in a D4 league so they better play a strong OOC schedule.
Alliance is stuck in a bad situation with a league that has the majority of the schools continuing to shrink in school enrollment. The AD has reacted the right way by finding quality schools that will be good competition. Niles and Louisville need to be fixtures on their schedule for the coming years. Both Leopards and Dragons have history with Alliance and need to keep this series going.

Nope , ignorant comment. They will be D3 again next year. They are opening up with Lake who is D2 and playing D3 schools I Chardon and Louisville. They are in the EBC and can’t control that. They will be D4 within this decade.

Whiting has the players buying in. Some darn good athletes with a new attitude. Alliance , Louisville, Canfield, New Philly and Dover would be a nice start to a conference.

Whiting has the players buying in. Some darn good athletes with a new attitude. Alliance , Louisville, Canfield, New Philly and Dover would be a nice start to a conference.
Add Mooney and Ursuline to that league and it would be a really good league

Boardman would be last piece I would add to this conference.

Lake didn't lose much!
They were pretty much all jrs last year with exception of a couple of linemen.
They should be much better than they were last year if they stay healthy all year.

Last edited:
I would say Louisville is an established program. That they are going through a tough patch doesn't undo 50 years of being a strong program. Everyone has highs and lows. Established programs keep the down years to a minimum, and I hope Louisville is able to do that . All things said the Leopards and the Aviators should be playing each other and I look forward to watching them play ball week nine.

If I recall, the entire EBC conference only won 2-3 OCC last year so it should be interesting to see how this season unfolds. Lake is a good team, that looks like a likely L to start the season . Then they take the long trip to Niles for another L. Chardon L #3 and finally Louisville lost a lot but reloads quickly with a strong Sophmore and Jr. Class and gives Alliance another 6-4 season but if your right... Alliance can get a 8 or 9 win season if they win the OOC. Funny, the OOC is more Important than the EBC.

If I recall, the entire EBC conference only won 2-3 OCC last year so it should be interesting to see how this season unfolds. Lake is a good team, that looks like a likely L to start the season . Then they take the long trip to Niles for another L. Chardon L #3 and finally Louisville lost a lot but reloads quickly with a strong Sophmore and Jr. Class and gives Alliance another 6-4 season but if your right... Alliance can get a 8 or 9 win season if they win the OOC. Funny, the OOC is more Important than the EBC.

Alliance will win more than 6 games

Beat Hoover last year, lost to Perry on a last second field goal and were losing to Massillon 7 to 0 at the half. Louisville has good football players. Not playing them for two years may have caused you to forget that. You will be reminded next year.

The Niles game turned into a horrible loss for alliance, just think of alliance played in the NE8 last year they’re probably 6-4 at best