2018 St. Xavier Football/Schedule

I saw the Barry McOckiner kid up there the other day throwing balls and I though he looked pretty good. ReLoad with your infinite wisdom, is there any chance we see McOcknier on the field this fall or are Hudepohl, Kriemer, and Clifford too far ahead of this kid?

I am told the freshmen class has 5 outstanding QB’s :eek:
I’m guessing this guy you mention is one of them.
All need at least a year down before they are ready for prime time

Offensively the only real question is the QB position.
I see it as a 3 horse race between a senior, junior and sophomore.
If the junior wins the other 2 move to WR.
My money is on the sophomore

Defensively the big moves I anticipate are Kiessling from LB to DE, Bridges from secondary to OLB, Hundley and Mayer to the defensive backfield allowing Stockman to slide to CB opposite Ferguson.

Tucker Hundley is listed as a free safety on the Hudl roster.
Drew Maier (6’1” 195lb) position is blank but will be wherever needed in defensive backfield

I am told the freshmen class has 5 outstanding QB’s :eek:
I’m guessing this guy you mention is one of them.
All need at least a year down before they are ready for prime time

That's a possibility since I've never seen the kid before this year, but I'm not sure if he's a freshman because he looks pretty big (about 6'1" 190) so is it possible that he's a transfer?

Week 3 Opponent: Walnut Hills
2017 Record: 3-7
Key Losses: skill players Cummings, McDonald and Borden
Key Returning Players: Senior OL/DL Jowon Briggs (Notre Dame, Ohio St, Michigan St, Alabama), Tyrese Dorn, Senior QB Ryan Mickens, Junior RB Tyrese Dorn

Outlook: Lose 3 skill players that accounted for 90% of the offense, will be seriously outmanned against StX as last year (43-0 at halftime), Briggs is one of the best defensive linemen in the city

This game will be lopsided again but will see defensive tackle Jowon Briggs (6'3" 270lb Virginia) vs offensive tackle Paris Johnson (6'7" 295lb Ohio State)

DgUvkRKXcAIWqBa.jpg

Dg04mtGXkAAGlbE.jpg

Per Adam Baum Twitter: "St. Xavier has signed a 4-year football contract with Penn HS out of Mishawaka, Ind., starting in Week 3 of 2019. The Bombers will be on the road in ’19 and ’21, home in ’20 and ’22"

Last season the Kingsmen reached the Indiana Class 6A state finals but got curb stomped by Ben Davis 63-14:eek:

Last edited:
In 2020 when the Bombers host the Kingsmen for the 2nd of this 4 game series highly touted sophomore QB Ron Powlus Jr. (son of Notre Dame great Ron Powlus Sr.) will be playing in his senior season.

Mark your calendars Bomber fans!
Week 3 of the 2020 season Ron Powlus Jr. (currently as a sophomore at 6'3" 215lb) and the Mishawaka Kingsmen at Ballaban Field.

Projected offensive lineup heading into camp
QB: Wyatt Hudepohl, (Jared Kreimer)
RB: Chris Payne, Kellen Newman, (Tucker Hundley)
WR: Jared Kreimer, Marshall Lang, Liam Clifford, Ben Moeller, (Noah Stockman)
Slot: Pat McIntyre
OL (left to right): Paris Johnson, Jack Kirby, (Jake Hoffman), Matt Mohn, (Ethan Nurre)

GO X

Surprised Hudepohl appears to be the frontrunner for the QB position.
He is pitching for Midland this summer and throwing a baseball usually adversely affects football throwing motion.
He will miss some of StX football camp as Midland will be playing in the Connie Mack World Series in New Mexico the first couple weeks of August.
Rumor was he would give up football since last month he committed to play baseball at the University of Kentucky and he is expected to get drafted by an MLB club.

Surprised Hudepohl appears to be the frontrunner for the QB position.
He is pitching for Midland this summer and throwing a baseball usually adversely affects football throwing motion.
He will miss some of StX football camp as Midland will be playing in the Connie Mack World Series in New Mexico the first couple weeks of August.
Rumor was he would give up football since last month he committed to play baseball at the University of Kentucky and he is expected to get drafted by an MLB club.

Interesting information ReLoad. Always good to get the inside scoop.

Of course, given that you were the one posting the depth chart, it is even more interesting that you are questioning your post 5 days later.

I will assume that the proposed depth chart is based upon information from the coaching staff and that your most recent post is more of your own editorial opinion.

I don't have a problem with either post, just an interesting way to do it.

Interesting information ReLoad. Always good to get the inside scoop.

Of course, given that you were the one posting the depth chart, it is even more interesting that you are questioning your post 5 days later.

I will assume that the proposed depth chart is based upon information from the coaching staff and that your most recent post is more of your own editorial opinion.

I don't have a problem with either post, just an interesting way to do it.

Interesting observation

Most of the offensive depth chart is no mystery.
The line has 3 returning starters in LT Paris Johnson 6'7" 295lb (Ohio State commit), LG Jack Kirby 6'2" 290lb (offer from Penn) and RG Matt Mohn 6'2" 265lb (3 year starter)
Since Coach Allspach usually fills the voids with big upperclassmen, seniors Nurre (280lb) and Hoffman (300lb+) are the next men up but are no guarantee.

Both RBs return in senior Chris Payne (6'1" 220lb) and junior Kellen Newman (5'8" 185lb) who combined for over 500 yards last season.
Expect them to combine for >1000 yards this year.

Junior Tucker Hundley was the featured RB on JV his freshman season but took last year off. He is expected to be in the defensive backfield but could return to RB if necessary.

That leaves the QB/WR positions.
If junior Wyatt Hudepohl 6'2" 200lb (Kentucky baseball commit) develops as expected then senior Jared Kreimer 6'0" 175lb (offer from Eastern Michigan) and sophomore Liam Clifford (6'2" 185lb) will be running routes.
Kreimer will be heavily involved getting the ball on direct snaps, sweeps and receptions (600 yards last season)
Along with Kreimer and Clifford add a couple of long targets in junior Marshall Lang 6'4" 190lb and senior Ben Moeller 6'4" 170lb

Kreimer at 6'1" goes from being the tallest WR last season (Cam Specht 5'7" and Andrew Wittrock 6'0") to nearly the shortest this season (all others 6'3-6'4" except for junior Pat McIntyre in the slot who is just shy of 6 feet tall).

Senior Ben Moeller is bigger and more athletic than his brother Nick who emerged in the second half of the 2016 state championship season with 400 receiving yards in the final 6 games.

One interesting quote from a long time member of the coaching staff...."We haven't seen the arm strength that Hudepohl has since Robby Shoenhoft in 2004. The key is getting him to learn how to use it."

Hudepohl throws the baseball in the 92-93mph range.

Did anybody read the interesting article in today's Enquirer that acts like the Showdown is still going on?

It seems to imply that there is a "schedule reveal" coming up.

Is the X/Lakota West game a "Showdown" game? Is the Showdown now down to 100% local games at non-neutral high-school stadiums? If so, what's the point?

It's just an advertising gimmick at this point for LaRosa's and Skyline.
Announcement on the event on July 30th

Cincinnati St. Xavier
08/24 A West Chester Lakota West
08/31 H Cincinnati Colerain
09/07 A Cincinnati Walnut Hills
09/14 A Indianapolis Cathedral (IN)
09/21 H Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
09/28 A Cincinnati Elder
10/05 A Cincinnati La Salle
10/12 H Mississauga Football North Prep Academy (ON)
10/20 H Cleveland St. Ignatius
10/26 H St. Xavier (KY)

8/10 1st Scrimmage 7pm Anderson at StX
8/17 2nd Scrimmage 7pm StX at Gahanna Lincoln

So we're traveling 100 miles for a scrimmage?

Anybody know the 7 on 7 schedule?

8/10 1st Scrimmage 7pm Anderson at StX
8/17 2nd Scrimmage 7pm StX at Gahanna Lincoln

So we're traveling 100 miles for a scrimmage?

Anybody know the 7 on 7 schedule?

Updated

7/19 7 vs 7 vs Princeton at Ballaban 6:30pm
7/20 7 vs 7 vs Oak Hills /Roger Bacon at Oak Hills 6:30pm(time is tentative)
7/25 7 vs 7 vs Milford at Milford 10:30am

Last edited:
I will take a stab at a Reload scouting report.

D will have many new faces. 5 of front 6 graduated, only Kiessling (all OH ) returns at LB. Some talk he may move to end but I think was Lb yesterday from what I heard. McDonald (Ballaban grandson) will start at one end. No idea on NG. Other Lb's will be Arthur at Mike (dad was Bengal OL) and played well last yr as 1st LB off the bench. Hunch is Bridges moves from Adjuster to OLB. Not sure if he is going to be Will or Jet.

2ndary has lot of experience. Corner Ferguson has D1 offers, safety Stockman is back (1st team GCL hoops). Need a new corner, perhaps Stockman moves or another steps up, Glines maybe (Ben's brother). Potts will be adjuster, played it some last yr and was in nickel pkg. Hunch is jr Hundley (Conner's brother) steps in as one safety.

If anyone goes to scrimmage tonite perhaps they can update.

Updated

7/19 7 vs 7 vs Princeton at Ballaban 6:30pm
7/20 7 vs 7 vs Oak Hills /Roger Bacon at Oak Hills 6:30pm(time is tentative)
7/25 7 vs 7 vs Milford at Milford 10:30am

Oak Hills 7 on 7 rescheduled for next Monday 7/23 at Oak Hills at 6pm

It's just an advertising gimmick at this point for LaRosa's and Skyline.
Announcement on the event on July 30th

A lot of confusion about the opener with Lakota West and shenanigans behind the scene. Was to be a 2 year deal home/home not part of Showdown (which has been revived multiple times now in past 2 years) but now just a 1 time thing at PBS (an expensive neutral site) and part of Showdown (unless it dies again between now and then)

I will take a stab at a Reload scouting report.

D will have many new faces. 5 of front 6 graduated, only Kiessling (all OH ) returns at LB. Some talk he may move to end but I think was Lb yesterday from what I heard. McDonald (Ballaban grandson) will start at one end. No idea on NG. Other Lb's will be Arthur at Mike (dad was Bengal OL) and played well last yr as 1st LB off the bench. Hunch is Bridges moves from Adjuster to OLB. Not sure if he is going to be Will or Jet.

2ndary has lot of experience. Corner Ferguson has D1 offers, safety Stockman is back (1st team GCL hoops). Need a new corner, perhaps Stockman moves or another steps up, Glines maybe (Ben's brother). Potts will be adjuster, played it some last yr and was in nickel pkg. Hunch is jr Hundley (Conner's brother) steps in as one safety.

If anyone goes to scrimmage tonite perhaps they can update.

Help me out with jersey numbers for the players mentioned in your post

45 Tom Kiessling
56 Will McDonald
40 Nate Arthur
23 Raja Bridges
17 BJ Ferguson
7 Nate Stockman
30 Trevor Potts
4 Tucker Hundley

????