2018 Cleveland Browns

I thought about this and initially thought "he's probably done" but then I see Joe Mixon, who knocked a girl out cold, starting in Cincy so he'll get another shot somewhere.

I just don't like the fact that the Browns would lose their one trash talk "card" with the Steelers who have been harboring a rapist for years. Signing someone like this would drop the Browns down to their level. :D

Nah...the real trash talk can begin - and sooner than later - when the Browns beat the Steelers consistently. :)

Dianna Russini

@diannaESPN
It was incredible how many Texans pointed out how great Baker Mayfield is at QB. Many called him decisive, poised, strong, quick, all of it genuine. He’s going to be star. #Browns

5:12 PM - Dec 2, 2018

I'd vote no on Kareem Hunt. Clearly not smart enough to stay out of bad situations, then lied to his team. no thanks. Chubb and Duke are really good, just need a couple other young/cheap guys.

Get 2-3 OL and another good WR and this offense will roll.

I'd vote no on Kareem Hunt. Clearly not smart enough to stay out of bad situations, then lied to his team. no thanks. Chubb and Duke are really good, just need a couple other young/cheap guys.

Ha ha.

"Get 2-3 OL and another good WR......".

Yeah, that is pretty easy to find.

Frankly, I don't know that they need many more O-Linemen with the way Baker gets the ball out. I think they can pass block very well but their run blocking needs upgraded. The issue with that is, with all of these colleges running spread offenses, the O-Linemen are more athletic "ballerinas" than they are road graders. Maybe one more for depth as I anticipate Corbett replacing Tretter at center.

I agree on WR. Get a legit #1, keep Landry, Higgins, Callaway & Perriman and I think they'll be fine. Not that Baker's "Tom Brady" but a good QB doesn't need an elite receiving corps and Brady's never had one.

I'd prefer they get an O-Lineman in FA, draft a #1 WR and use the rest of the draft on defense. This year's draft is DEEP in D-Lineman. Have heard the top ranked DL in the 2018 draft (Bradley Chubb) would've likely been 6 or 7th best in this upcoming draft.

I get what your saying, but you're not going to find younger and cheaper (still on rookie contract) than Hunt. I still think it's a bad message to sign him, but the younger and cheaper reason isn't valid.

Nick Chubb
As starter:
115 carries, 521 yards, 5 TDs
12 receptions, 133 yards, 2 TDs
OL Rank: 3
Avg. Rush Defense Rank: 19

Saquon Barkley
As starter:
195 carries, 954 yards, 8 TDs
74 receptions, 602 yards, 4 TDs
OL Rank: 25
Avg. Rush Defense Rank: 10

Nick Chubb
As starter:
115 carries, 521 yards, 5 TDs
12 receptions, 133 yards, 2 TDs
OL Rank: 3
Avg. Rush Defense Rank: 19

Saquon Barkley
As starter:
195 carries, 954 yards, 8 TDs
74 receptions, 602 yards, 4 TDs
OL Rank: 25
Avg. Rush Defense Rank: 10

You conveniently fail to mention that Chubb wasn't the starter until week 7. Had he started from week 1 his stats project to:

1041 yards rushing, 10 TD's rushing
266 yards receiving, 4 TD's receiving

For the year Chubb averages 5.3 ypc to Barkley's 4.9.

Not a huge difference since the #2 pick wasn't burned on Chubb. Again, I'll take Chubb & Denzel Ward over Barkley.

Chubb's average as a starter is 4.5, not 5.3. Nevermind you totally disregard the quality of OL and rushing defenses faced.

There's a world of difference. The evidence suggests Barkley would be running rampant behind the Browns' OL and probably lead the team in receiving yards and TDs. This would make Mayfield's job a lot easier.

The Browns' defense was already solid. Ward made a very good unit slightly better. Barkley and Mayfield would have taken a terrible offense and made them good.

Maybe if they'd drafted Barkley and adequately replaced Gordon or kept him. As it stands, it's 20th in scoring, 16th in passing, and 14th in rushing.

Maybe if they'd drafted Barkley and adequately replaced Gordon or kept him. As it stands, it's 20th in scoring, 16th in passing, and 14th in rushing.

I'd be curious to know where they rank once Baker took over and again once they traded Hyde and started giving Chubb more carries.

I get what your saying, but you're not going to find younger and cheaper (still on rookie contract) than Hunt. I still think it's a bad message to sign him, but the younger and cheaper reason isn't valid.

Fair enough, but if Hunt had not been a knucklehead, his talent level would warrant a premium RB price tag next contract. I'm saying the Browns don't need that, Chubb looks like he will become that.

I'd be curious to know where they rank once Baker took over and again once they traded Hyde and started giving Chubb more carries.

Code:
[B]Jackson[/B]   Browns   NFL Rank
Rushing	  127.4	   T-7
Passing	  215	   24
Scoring	  21.1	   22

Opp. Defense: 14	

//

[B]Williams[/B]  Browns   NFL Rank
Rushing	  107	   20
Passing	  289.3    6
Scoring	  24.3     15

Opp. Defense: 25

//

[B]Baker[/B]     Browns   NFL Rank
Rushing	  117.7	   T-13
Passing	  250.4	   14
Scoring	  22.7	   19

Opp. Defense: 19	

//

[B]Baker + Chubb[/B]	Browns	NFL Rank
Rushing	        103.5	23
Passing	        250.8	14
Scoring	        23	T-17

Opp. Defense: 21

It's essentially a decision between Chubb/Ward & Barkley/Josh Jackson(first corner picked in 2nd round.

As of now, pro football focus has the following positional ranks on each

Chubb: #2
Barkley: #6

Ward: #11
Jackson: #60

Seems like the Browns made the right decision so far. But obviously too early to make a definitive statement.

While Ward has been really good I still think adding Bradley Chubb would have been the better pick. He has 10 sacks on the year at Denver. Him and Garrett would have been lethal. Would have been interesting to see that type of pass rush

Chubb's average as a starter is 4.5, not 5.3. Nevermind you totally disregard the quality of OL and rushing defenses faced.

There's a world of difference. The evidence suggests Barkley would be running rampant behind the Browns' OL and probably lead the team in receiving yards and TDs. This would make Mayfield's job a lot easier.

The Browns' defense was already solid. Ward made a very good unit slightly better. Barkley and Mayfield would have taken a terrible offense and made them good.

We've already gone round & round and have beaten this drum to death. Mayfield would've been gone at 4 and I'm happier with Chubb & Ward over Barkley, as most Browns fans are, from what I've seen.

We've already gone round & round and have beaten this drum to death. Mayfield would've been gone at 4 and I'm happier with Chubb & Ward over Barkley, as most Browns fans are, from what I've seen.

Neo has already pointed this out, but lumping Chubb & Ward together in comparison to a single pick, Barkley, is not a fair comparison.

Neo has already pointed this out, but lumping Chubb & Ward together in comparison to a single pick, Barkley, is not a fair comparison.

I get that but if they somehow landed Barkley, they'd have no Ward and I'd rather have Ward over some guy they may have taken at the top of the 2nd round.

Guess what I'm saying is that I'm perfectly fine without Barkley when I think the position is a dime a dozen. Hell, we've been going back & forth arguing about Chubb & Barkley when Phillip Lindsay could be better than both, at a MUCH better value.

It's absolutely a logical practical comparison.

Ward would certainly go in the first round. Was there going to be another Pro Bowl level rookie CB hanging around at #33 or wherever Chubb was picked ? No. Chubb may be a better AFC North fit, anyway.

You'd have to be a moron not to follow that :shrug:

I get that but if they somehow landed Barkley, they'd have no Ward and I'd rather have Ward over some guy they may have taken at the top of the 2nd round.

Guess what I'm saying is that I'm perfectly fine without Barkley when I think the position is a dime a dozen. Hell, we've been going back & forth arguing about Chubb & Barkley when Phillip Lindsay could be better than both, at a MUCH better value.

That kid's burst is amazing.

He almost told the Bronco's to f off, supposedly, because he wanted to be drafted by them.

You obviously didn't watch the game without Ward. Or you'll say any stupid thing to keep kicking an argument down the road......

If Ward doesn't make it out of concussion protocol by Sunday, Cam will be very pleased. Make no mistake about it. If he does, Denzel will pick Cam at least once, and be the first touch on three other Cam passes. He'll make Cam pat the ball and take a sack at least once. He'll stop 2 TDs. Guaranteed.

You obviously didn't watch the game without Ward. Or you'll say any stupid thing to keep kicking an argument down the road......

If Ward doesn't make it out of concussion protocol by Sunday, Cam will be very pleased. Make no mistake about it. If he does, Denzel will pick Cam at least once, and be the first touch on three other Cam passes. He'll make Cam pat the ball and take a sack at least once. He'll stop 2 TDs. Guaranteed.

I completely missed that highlighted part. Dorsey brought in a bunch of secondary guys because the back end of the defense was so bad. Ward is the only reliable one back there. Randall is decent at safety (when he's not going back & forth between that spot & corner) and Peppers is pretty much just an athlete/linebacker that's playing safety. There's nobody opposite of Ward that can be consistently relied on.

As I've mentioned before, get the #1 WR in the draft, maybe some OL depth in FA, and stockpile defense....preferably a DT to play next to Ogunjobi, another DE/Edge to move Ogbah to a rotational guy, a thumper LB to replace (definitely) Collins or (possibly) Kirksey and another CB to pair with Ward.

Don't care where these guys are taken but I'd think DL would be priority #1 with all of the studs at the top of this draft.

Ward wasn't a luxury pick where Barkley was.

It's absolutely a logical practical comparison.

Ward would certainly go in the first round. Was there going to be another Pro Bowl level rookie CB hanging around at #33 or wherever Chubb was picked ? No. Chubb may be a better AFC North fit, anyway.

You'd have to be a moron not to follow that :shrug:

Good lord. If they chose Barkley in the first, they would have used their second round pick on someone other than Chubb. Really isn't that difficult, so no surprise you don't get it.