2016 Spartan Football

Wow. Where are the Spartan athletes at? How is it possible to have so many bad classes in a row? Where is the development ?

Springfield should be able to score a lot tomorrow. I felt like they could score last year but make too many mistakes. The only issue is Ellet usually will score ever possession. Will be interesting

If they can contain Bridges and run on clock , it could be a close game. Im really disappointed in Tracy Jordans play. just not what I expected from a D1 recruit. he talks the talk but aint walking the walk. Springfields linebackers are going to be busy tonight. I do like Spartans QB.. very athletic with a good arm.. I see Dilauro having to have his best game to keep his team in it..

Very disappointed in the kid going to Akron from Springfield. He didn't make an impact and looked slow

Coventry 39, Canton South 13. What happened Springfield?
Very good game last night. First time in a long time I though the Spartans were going to get a win. Turnovers and some play calling "on side" ..lol. Bridges took TJ to the clinic..

Overall I liked the game .. came away from it positive. 15 secs on the clock 14-28.. Good call Yost.. .

douchbag
Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and .

Ellet made a lot of mistakes, Springfield just didn't cash them in the second half... Can't remember last time I saw an Ellet team fumble it 4 times in one game if ever... Funny three of them was their defense fumbling. I don't mind the inside call it was perfect as Ellet had nobody in the middle of the front line just wasn't executed. QB was very shaky... I think they can win 4 or 5 games this year

Springfield didnt need to take that chance.. Being a Monday morning QB.. field position was more important. That game should of been decided by the extra point kicker..lol

Very good game last night. First time in a long time I though the Spartans were going to get a win. Turnovers and some play calling "on side" ..lol. Bridges took TJ to the clinic..

Overall I liked the game .. came away from it positive. 15 secs on the clock 14-28.. Good call Yost.. .

douchbag
Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and .

Whoa, you calling me the d-bag, ok, I really didn't mean any offense by asking what happened last night, I wasn't at the game, I just saw the score on scorestream, saw what looked like a pretty rough loss, and was genuinely concerned about what happened, I honestly thought, and hoped, that maybe you would be able to at least hang better against ellet this year. I just wanted to get the run down of what happened from you all that were there. No d-baggery in that, honest. At any rate, If you still have any issues, lets not muddy up this thread any further, feel free to pm me, and I'm sure we can work something out.

Whoa, you calling me the d-bag, ok, I really didn't mean any offense by asking what happened last night, I wasn't at the game, I just saw the score on scorestream, saw what looked like a pretty rough loss, and was genuinely concerned about what happened, I honestly thought, and hoped, that maybe you would be able to at least hang better against ellet this year. I just wanted to get the run down of what happened from you all that were there. No d-baggery in that, honest. At any rate, If you still have any issues, lets not muddy up this thread any further, feel free to pm me, and I'm sure we can work something out.

No not you .. lol.. YOST for not kneeing the ball with 15 seconds left. sorry

No not you .. lol.. YOST for not kneeing the ball with 15 seconds left. sorry

Springfield should learn how to tackle, it was a QB sneak for God's sake. Only Sparty. They stink as usual.
Two middle school games, Varsity and jv - Ellet wins all four by a combined 135-28.
This series needs discontinued asap.

How long y'all keeping Vaughn around? Needs a class in time management too.

What is to like about a 35-14 loss?

A well-coached, well-prepared Springfield team wins that game last night!

I can't believe any of you still think this coaching staff is any good. All year to prepare (again) and Springfield gets garbage (again). The kids deserve better.

Springfield should learn how to tackle, it was a QB sneak for God's sake. Only Sparty. They stink as usual.
Two middle school games, Varsity and jv - Ellet wins all four by a combined 135-28.

Exactly.

Unbelieveable that in his NINTH year anyone in Springfield thinks this is a good program.

They will probably win 4 or 5 games and that is a big accomplishment out there.. No jimmy or Joes... Would be shocked if TJ ever sniffed the field at Akron. Maybe if they have the down 2 TDs and get a two foot run and flex play

Years ago I been saying this needs to stop. Alot of people been saying the same thing. We need wins to get kids out to play. Heck if we have to play d6 schools to get them then do it. I didnt se the last play I was at the gate with my grandson. I was pretty sure I seen alot of clean jerseys before i left. There isnt one player on Ellets team that can hold Dlauros jock strap BigWorm.

Spartans should beat East.
But I heard the Jr. High lost by 30 to Kenmore.
Kenmore?

When will Springfield acknowledge that Vaughn has had nearly a DECADE to build a program and they have zhit.
That place is a wreck. Biggest school in the Metro and they are terrible.

Spartans should beat East.
But I heard the Jr. High lost by 30 to Kenmore.
Kenmore?

When will Springfield acknowledge that Vaughn has had nearly a DECADE to build a program and they have zhit.
That place is a wreck. Biggest school in the Metro and they are terrible.

Kenmore has always had a very good Pee Wee program. This is the first year where they are able to associate with the schools. These middle school programs in the city will help the high schools out a lot.

As far as Springfield beating East, I am not so sure. I think SHS is a lot better than they have been in the past but East has 4 or 5 D1 commits. The are big and very athletic, they will give Ellet a good game this year.

I got wind that the joke will have multiple D1 offers at the end of this season.

Didnt mean the kid was a joke. Just not sure who you were talking about. The only kid that I saw that looked the part was Jordan. He looked it in size but seemed slow and soft. Who are you talking about?

Is Coventry going to come in here and talk about the 32-0 loss to Barberton? They actually played a boys team this week. Tough loss for the Spartans. My man Suggs is a big time athlete. Two tough match ups at the opposing RB the first two games. Those id imagine will be the best two athletes they see all year

Coventry just took a major beating from Barberton. We must regroup, and try for a W against Crestwood next week. We lose there, we are probably screwed for our playoff ambitions. Don't see a 7-3 record (a reasonable bet at this point, unless we blow another easily winnable game) as being enough to pull it off, unless Streetsboro, Field, and Ravenna do fairly well, and we still pull off W's against them (presumably). And definitely don't see Coventry pulling off Woodridge.

Last edited:
Seriously though, cut us some slack bigworm, its not as though we've always been competitive in football. We really have improved much over the last couple of years. We don't have tradition in football, only wrestling. Setbacks can and will happen. I am confident that this team of ours can easily move forward from this, and continue to improve. I mean, we still have our advantage in speed. We still have Burkhart, Porter, Skaggs and Sibley, all of them speed demons.. Ellet doesn't even have the speed we have. We just need to translate the speed to W's, and we'll be fine. Size, we cant help. But speed, we've got that.

Well, it is true, even a very strong city league team like ellet, for all their superior athleticism, on speed itself, the nod would have to go to Coventry. Sure ellet is fine on the track, but BigWorm, you have to admit a sub 11 second 100m by Burkhart is something special. 11.5, and 11.6 by Porter and Sibley add some depth. Skaggs, being a 400-800m guy is more the endurance weapon, becoming more valuable as the game wears on, and fatigue sets in. Again we have speed. We just need to overcome our crutch, which is general lack of size.

Anyway now I will just move on from this. Tomorrow is a big day for Coventry's cross country team (more my area of expertise.) Big invitational. I know, this is football forum, but I enjoy and support my teams in all sports, no matter how mainstream, and my point is, I must move on and support the comets through their other upcoming endeavors. Soccer, XC, Volleyball, and Golf are the order of the day now. Till next Friday.

Last edited:
Should of been a East 50-7 blowout.... East really had a hard time handling the ball on kicks and Springfield could not capitalize on them. . Then you had the highlight every inner city kid move with the crack-back hit personal fouls. "parent encouraged" ... great coaching... I thought that was watching Buchtel..lol. Make sure them Ellet boys keep their heads on a swivel .