2014 Freshman Football

Vincent Vega

Okay, I'll get the conversation started. This freshman Class of 18' has been highly touted by many in Mason for a number of years. Now it's time to ante up! How will the offense perform the new wing-t? Will Sora hold up under another year of pounding? Is the number 1 QB Jake Harris or is the more mobile Will Adams better suited? There's a lot of speed on this team so who are the other running backs?
I heard they lost a couple of LB's and a safety to the GCL. Will this have a big impact on their defense? I've heard from some seniors Allgor and Brasher are looking really good. Will they play d-line this year or join Blackwell in the secondary? Who are the DB's and safeties? A great many standing around so give me predictions as to who and where they could help.
Any of the more talented freshmen look to fit into the Jayvee plans? A lot of questions and expectations for this group.

Dude-- just enjoy it. Only time the rest of these kids lives they will play with kids all the same age--- it's just freshman football

Dude-- just enjoy it. Only time the rest of these kids lives they will play with kids all the same age--- it's just freshman football

Sooo,.... Is there some reason we're unable to discuss it? After all, it is football not intramurals. Do the teams not keep score at this age? This is freshman football and kids have fun but they are competing against one another for positions and against other teams.

If this class is as good as advertised, and play as a team, and not individuals, they will have a great season. Just a reminder this years Sophomore class went undefeated and pounded a previously 3 year undefeated Fairfield Team. Coach Grice and staff do a great job if the kids and PARENTS, buy in. Yes enjoy it, and let the coaches coach and the kids play. Go Comets!!!

Mason Freshmen have 'won' the GMC Freshman championship several times since joining the GMC. They win a lot of Middle School ball, going undefeated, and even JV teams have done well. For some reason, through 3 different head coaches - that didn't translate to varsity success in the latter years of the FAVC and since joining the GMC......

The problem isn't leading up to varsity, it's at varsity.

Correct, because the current super, AD, and school board , do not feel that football is very important, or important enough. It is a twisted mess, currently.

Now that the Freshman team have a couple of scrimmages under their belts…..what do you think? Defense looks strong and it will be a battle at QB. Starters not getting a lot of time it seems but there are a ton of kids. Elder should be a good test. It is fun to see them all together and watch them play. Hopefully parents can come together and cheer for the team.

The Elder frosh are currently unbeaten at the A level. The Mason frosh took it to them good during the scrimmage. Granted Elder was only 2 weeks into practice, but I thought Mason was pretty damn good.

The Elder frosh are currently unbeaten at the A level. The Mason frosh took it to them good during the scrimmage. Granted Elder was only 2 weeks into practice, but I thought Mason was pretty damn good.

This Frosh class has been touted the most "gifted" in a long time at Mason. They haven't lost a competitive game since they played in 7th grade. They played as two equal teams in 7th and 8th grade and after Thursday they will be something like 42-0. I hope it translates into something great, because it seems like Varsity is clicking finally.

This Frosh class has been touted the most "gifted" in a long time at Mason. They haven't lost a competitive game since they played in 7th grade. They played as two equal teams in 7th and 8th grade and after Thursday they will be something like 42-0. I hope it translates into something great, because it seems like Varsity is clicking finally.

Myth,
Dont get too excited!!.Castner will ruin it for these kids.You better hope he is gone .

Sycamore Aves Game

What happened against Sycamore? I was not at the game but thought Mason would roll with a playoff spot in play?

Serious responses only.

Thanks

Wouldn't be the 1st, several classes have been undefeated going into JV ball, the Classes of 2003, 2005, 2009, 2010 and 2011 were all undefeated going into 9th grade. There were teams that only lost one as sophomores on JV, 1 class pitched 24 shutouts from 7th to 10th grade.

Mason breeds "gifted" football players. You can go back more than a decade to see that Mason plays against anyone from 7th to JV. They beat Colerain, Moeller, Elder, St. X, Winton Woods, Centerville, etc. Mason's been waiting for something great for more than a decade.

SWM,
All we Mason fans want the same thing " a championship".Castner is not the answer.The AD needs to go hire a real coach with real assistants .We need a Defensive Coordinator that really understands defense and an offensive coordinator who understands offense.We don't need the good ole boys cousins and nephews etc. I witnessed ,from the stands ,disarray amongst the coaches numerous times thus season.Haven't the Mason fans and players had enough.?This was my first year back in Ohio and man was this frustrating.

Maybe it's the soccer mom culture up there. There's no reason this class shouldn't be contending for the region in 3 yrs. FWIW, Elder's frosh went unbeaten and won all but one game handily. I'd love to see someone new enter the fray as a contender, time for Mason to step up.