That decesion is about 8 months too late and thus another quality Moeller team sits home on championship weekend :shrug:

As long as JR is here, get use to it!!

Look at the talent he has had over the past 3 years. You can't just keep changing coordinators every year and making them the scapegoat, eventually it comes back to one thing, The HC. Especially when he has been the DC the past two years!

So when do you say it's time for a change??

Two PO wins has put faith in his critics and in me as well.

I see the whole Moeller Football issue almost as a puzzle hes furiously trying to put together..just takes one piece at a time.

This year he managed to get the passing attack going, even though they had Monte to work with, he wasn't the only target, look for the young WR core and young TE to be active in the passing game AGAIN next year.

I think this defensive issue is the last 'piece', imo.

Look at the talent he has had over the past 3 years. You can't just keep changing coordinators every year and making them the scapegoat, eventually it comes back to one thing, The HC. Especially when he has been the DC the past two years!

About a year ago!

I see the whole Moeller Football issue almost as a puzzle hes furiously trying to put together..just takes one piece at a time.

This year he managed to get the passing attack going, even though they had Monte to work with, he wasn't the only target, look for the young WR core and young TE to be active in the passing game AGAIN next year.

The passing attack got going this year, but in all honesty, Monty was really the only WR who was utilized. I think Means was really underutilized this year. The QB keyed on Monty at least 90% of the time. I don't like this offense for Moeller next year. Monty won games for them this year based on his talent. There will not be another Monty on the team next year. I didn't see any underclassmen step up at WR this year (w/ the exception of TE Jensen...he'll be good). The spread works great when you have playmakers. I think Watkins is terrific and I think the offense should focus on him next year. I would love to see a more traditional offense with running the ball. I just don't see them having the athletes to run the spread. Imagine if Monty would not have been on the team this year and there was an average high school receiver instead. The results would have been much different. Just my opinion.

Satisfied with two playoff wins?? This is what Moe has become? Not to harp on it but, I seem to remember this team being mentioned in a sentence with the words "NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP." How can you say you have faith in him as a coach, when he thought his team was good enough to win a NC, but can't get out of his region?

I still do not know how in the world they managed to win either game! The MT game they gave up like 450 or so yards and Sycamore game could have went either way.

I can assure you that the critics do not share your opinions..

Moe apperars to be a strong well conditioned team that speaks well for their off-season programs. Their offense is very adequate and makes then capable of competing week in and week out. I like these 2 important aspects of their team.

However defense is a different story. They simply have not been well coached since JR took over. No way with the players they had this year, that that D should have been that bad at years end. Defense is what keeps Moeller from playing in week 15 and no more evident than this past year.

I applaud JR for recognizing this and hopefully finding someone who knows shut-down high school defense and especially DB play.

The passing attack got going this year, but in all honesty, Monty was really the only WR who was utilized. I think Means was really underutilized this year. The QB keyed on Monty at least 90% of the time. I don't like this offense for Moeller next year. Monty won games for them this year based on his talent. There will not be another Monty on the team next year. I didn't see any underclassmen step up at WR this year (w/ the exception of TE Jensen...he'll be good). The spread works great when you have playmakers. I think Watkins is terrific and I think the offense should focus on him next year. I would love to see a more traditional offense with running the ball. I just don't see them having the athletes to run the spread. Imagine if Monty would not have been on the team this year and there was an average high school receiver instead. The results would have been much different. Just my opinion.

Everything you said about Monty and his playmaking abilities, i totally agree with.

But Watkins,Foley, Jansen, and even Rucker will be there to fill in the shoes. They may not fill them all the way, but the threat of the pass game will be there with two solid QB's coming back(that's whats most important, imo) And who knows, their could be a few sophomores or juniors who turn their 'game' up and become great contributors. Only time and of course next season will tell.

Since we have a Dual threat Qb and mr.watkins coming back? Triple Option offense? Maybe? or too much like the Redbirds? :cool:

Satisfied with two playoff wins?? This is what Moe has become? Not to harp on it but, I seem to remember this team being mentioned in a sentence with the words "NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP." How can you say you have faith in him as a coach, when he thought his team was good enough to win a NC, but can't get out of his region?

I still do not know how in the world they managed to win either game! The MT game they gave up like 450 or so yards and Sycamore game could have went either way.

I can assure you that the critics do not share your opinions..

Yes, i am satisfied with those two wins, that's only happened twice in the past decade. A successful season to a low-maintenance guy like myself. EVERYBODY knows that whole national championship hogwash was blown completely out of proportion more or less by the Yappi trolls and to add to that...if you think putting the expectations of this program to where it was in the 70's and 80's then your delusional. I didn't grow up in the 70's/80's I happened to watch the Moeller teams of the late 90's and 2000's and only 'know' of this 'glory and pride' that you may have seen yourself, but the talent and programs around the country much less the region are all 'caught' up this day an age. The annual steamrolling into the state championship game days are over.

Yes i was disappointed too with the defensive play and most teams couldn't have overcome something like that, and from the sounds of it, JR(if true) recognizes his poor performance as well and will hopefully have somebody else lay down some foundation to field better defensive units in the future and as much hate JR gets on here, at least hes getting the talent the school brings in on the field, something Bobby had a hard time doing with his 'football or nothing' mentality.

Last edited:
Yes, i am satisfied with those two wins, that's only happened twice in the past decade. A successful season to a low-maintenance guy like myself. EVERYBODY knows that whole national championship hogwash was blown completely out of proportion more or less by the Yappi trolls and to add to that...if you think putting the expectations of this program to where it was in the 70's and 80's then your delusional. I didn't grow up in the 70's/80's I happened to watch the Moeller teams of the late 90's and 2000's and only 'know' of this 'glory and pride' that you may have seen yourself, but the talent and programs around the country much less the region are all 'caught' up this day an age. The annual steamrolling into the state championship game days are over.

Yes i was disappointed too with the defensive play and most teams couldn't have overcome something like that, and from the sounds of it, JR(if true) recognizes his poor performance as well and will hopefully have somebody else lay down some foundation to field better defensive units in the future and as much hate JR gets on here, at least hes getting the talent the school brings in on the field, something Bobby had a hard time doing with his 'football or nothing' mentality.

agreed. there's no way any team can just walk their way into the finals anymore all the other teams are too good. people forget that the playoffs were much different back then and moeller was one of the only teams that actually lifted, makes a big difference if you think about it. one thing i'm worried about for next year is we lost all but one starter on defense. that's a tough situation for any coach to work with.

agreed. there's no way any team can just walk their way into the finals anymore all the other teams are too good. people forget that the playoffs were much different back then and moeller was one of the only teams that actually lifted, makes a big difference if you think about it. one thing i'm worried about for next year is we lost all but one starter on defense. that's a tough situation for any coach to work with.

Its a fresh start ;)

So is this just a joke or is it true? I wanna know about the DC situation and if no one wants to make it public PM me. I think discipline and defense are the two biggest issues.. it seems like special teams has some issues still but has gotten better since a year or two ago we couldn't even field a kick or punt. Hopefully we can limit the penalties and learn how to come up and tackle in space and defend the pass a little more consistently. The offense looked pretty good minus the turnovers.. QB needs to learn not to stare down his receivers and to protect the ball when he is scrambling.. a little too risky.. might end up with big TDs vs average and poor teams but against X you'll turn it over.

So is this just a joke or is it true? I wanna know about the DC situation and if no one wants to make it public PM me. I think discipline and defense are the two biggest issues.. it seems like special teams has some issues still but has gotten better since a year or two ago we couldn't even field a kick or punt. Hopefully we can limit the penalties and learn how to come up and tackle in space and defend the pass a little more consistently. The offense looked pretty good minus the turnovers.. QB needs to learn not to stare down his receivers and to protect the ball when he is scrambling.. a little too risky.. might end up with big TDs vs average and poor teams but against X you'll turn it over.

I don't know....will you easy up on JR and going 'chicken-little' in games :p

The QB mistakes are fixed by experience, he got much better as the year went on. I agree with the locking on to one receiver though, but its hard not to want to throw it to someone like Monty every play. I think he'll do a much better job scanning the field next year with no one stud receiver. That being said i would imagine they go back to running the ball more with who we have returning.

JV 9-1....only lost to Indy Cathedral Prep....literally played every school the varsity did(aka not sh1tty programs)

That's good news

Any freshman from this year getting time next year on V as a soph? They went 9-1 this year as well, only losing to the 'legion' aka the St X frosh team(150+?...maybe :D) LOL

Any freshman from this year getting time next year on V as a soph? They went 9-1 this year as well, only losing to the 'legion' aka the St X frosh team(150+?...maybe :D) LOL

the legion haha love it. i actually haven't heard anything about frosh or soph class, any outstanding size or speed? the fruhoff? kid got in a few times on varsity this year, looked like he could hold his own.

the legion haha love it. i actually haven't heard anything about frosh or soph class, any outstanding size or speed? the fruhoff? kid got in a few times on varsity this year, looked like he could hold his own.

He's a very good wrestler which means he'll likely be very good with winning leverage battles