2012 Selection show thread

AC4

Moderated User
who gets the 1 Seeds? where do the B1G, MAC and A-10 teams get sent?
i think MSU and Ohio St will both be 2 seeds, MSU stays Midwest or goes East, Ohio St goes West or South. will Akron get picked into the Big Dance? i think they have a slight chance.

Thinking the #1 seeds will be, in order: Kentucky, Syracuse, Michigan State, North Carolina. I have OSU as the top #2 seed, putting them in UNC's bracket. Can't see Akron getting an at-large, especially with St. Bonaventure taking a bubble spot away.

ESPN final projections have Ohio St the #2 in UNC bracket, MSU #1 out west with Kansas as the #2. CBS has the same

espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

CBS has Ohio St gives them a hard bracket, potentially facing UConn, Baylor, UNC, Cuse. ESPN gives them the same, minus UConn

1 UK South
1 Cuse East
1 UNC Midwest
1 MSU West

Davis said Ohio St was #1 if they won

Buckeyes looking GREAT so far, No UConn (Drummond and Lamb), no Duke (Coach K) no Baylor (Lots of Size and athletic abillity) and no Kentucky!

meanwhile Kentucky got screwed, they could very easilly lose any round after the 1st round as they could play Indiana who beat them

Duke is a #2 just like OSU is going to be and UCONN is a freakin 8 seed. They wouldn't play either of those teams anyway

Duke is a #2 just like OSU is going to be and UCONN is a freakin 8 seed. They wouldn't play either of those teams anyway

are you slow or something? i never said they would play them, i said i was glad they didnt have to play them, and UConn was a 10 seed

South is the hardest region this year, the East might be the weakest, both Ohio St and Cuse SHOULD get to the EE with ease

are you slow or something? i never said they would play them, i said i was glad they didnt have to play them, and UConn was a 10 seed

They wouldn't have to play Duke anyway. They both have the same seed. How hard is that to understand. And UCONN is a 9

Buckeyes looking GREAT so far, No UConn (Drummond and Lamb), no Duke (Coach K) no Baylor (Lots of Size and athletic abillity) and no Kentucky!

meanwhile Kentucky got screwed, they could very easilly lose any round after the 1st round as they could play Indiana who beat them

I think OSU is better off as the #2 in the East, rather than being #1 in the West. They are on opposite sides of the Final 4 as Kentucky, and they don't have an overly difficult path to the East final...and Syracuse is very good, but much more beatable for OSU than Kentucky.

As for the selection show, itself?

One thing that always makes me laugh is the surprised/elated reaction when schools that have an automatic bid get their name called. As if they don't believe they are in until they see their name on a bracket line.

The other thing I noticed was one of the Mizzou guys was trying to be chill, then he preened for the camera...and then a confetti cannon went off that surpised him, and he instantly lost his cool and looked like he left stripes in his jockeys -- haha.

Florida State could be a tough matchup for OSU if FSU doesn't crap themselves and forget how to shoot against Cincy.

Me and cardz have talked all year about FSU/OSU and we both thought FSU's athletes could give OSU some trouble.