20-21 Federal League Basketball

yes other teams don't work the ball down low to draw fouls or have guys that can drive to the basket, gotcha?

Some do it better than others. Some teams can actually play defense and avoid committing fouls. Not so much in NE Ohio pray tell but some teams actually can excel at both ends of the court. Not so much in NE Ohio though. GBM

Green up 54-48 with 18 seconds left. They have a fantastic HD livestream and, unlike McK, it’s free and works the entire game! ??

56-50 Green over Jackson. Not the best shooting night for the Polar Bears. Kudos again to Green’s livestream. It is superb.

Moeller typically shoots way more free throws than their opponents. They have been doing this for years. They like to work the ball in to the post and take a chance that their big guys will draw a foul. Guys like Bobby Brannen, Andrew Brackman, Josh Duncan, Jackson Hayes and now Logan Duncomb. In listening to the McKinley broadcast on WHBC the announcers were pretty much aware of their history and had little to say about the free throw disparity. Of course making the free throws is what counts and Moeller again showed their ability to knock down the foul shots when it counts. GBM
Probably another key point (and maybe most important correlation) specific to this game, I believe McKinley attempted 26 3-pointers while Moeller only attempted 4.

No just have a clueless coach that can’t ever make any adjustments. They run the same crap they have ran for years and don’t play to their teams strength. Jackson teams have won in spite of him with talent not his coaching.
IMO it seemed more like an execution issue than a coaching one. Coach didn’t cause 6 turnovers in a span of minutes in the 2nd quarter to give up a big lead. Green doubled and sometimes tripled down on the bigs after an entry pass. Bigs had issues dribbling after that which caused turnovers or bad shots. Only guy that seemed to hit 3s was Skeriotis, others shot very poorly from outside but they were the kids you’d want on the floor. Defense was solid, Green had to work hard for buckets. What would you have done as the coach?

IMO it seemed more like an execution issue than a coaching one. Coach didn’t cause 6 turnovers in a span of minutes in the 2nd quarter to give up a big lead. Green doubled and sometimes tripled down on the bigs after an entry pass. Bigs had issues dribbling after that which caused turnovers or bad shots. Only guy that seemed to hit 3s was Skeriotis, others shot very poorly from outside but they were the kids you’d want on the floor. Defense was solid, Green had to work hard for buckets. What would you have done as the coach?
Run a motion offense and open things up. Jackson runs the same 4 sets plays over and over every single game. Every team knows exactly what Jackson does. Jackson has kids that can break down defenders. They are better slashers than stand around and watch paint dry while we run a set play. Pick some of the best players he has ever had and ask them what they think of his coaching....good chance you hear the exact same thing.

Run a motion offense and open things up. Jackson runs the same 4 sets plays over and over every single game. Every team knows exactly what Jackson does. Jackson has kids that can break down defenders. They are better slashers than stand around and watch paint dry while we run a set play. Pick some of the best players he has ever had and ask them what they think of his coaching....good chance you hear the exact same thing.
Nice in theory but D might sit in a zone and force them to hit outside shots, which the slashers aren’t good at. Then what?

Nice in theory but D might sit in a zone and force them to hit outside shots, which the slashers aren’t good at. Then what?
Three teams sat in zones already this year Jackson made shots and got them out of it quickly. They can move the ball against a zone and get shots. Yes shots weren’t falling last night but I’m talking about this season as a whole. Running their sets most of the shots are set up on drives to the basket with kick outs after the plays don’t work. Set plays have a time and place not every single possession.

Moeller typically shoots way more free throws than their opponents. They have been doing this for years. They like to work the ball in to the post and take a chance that their big guys will draw a foul. Guys like Bobby Brannen, Andrew Brackman, Josh Duncan, Jackson Hayes and now Logan Duncomb. In listening to the McKinley broadcast on WHBC the announcers were pretty much aware of their history and had little to say about the free throw disparity. Of course making the free throws is what counts and Moeller again showed their ability to knock down the foul shots when it counts. GBM

I understand that Moeller shoots alot more free throws than it's opponents.

But making 14 out of 15 is where they won the game.Many NBA teams don't shoot that good

Jackson has 4 guys that shoot 40% or better from 3 and because of that they shoot way too many of them. I agree with JTown that they have run the same set plays forever. When you have good size across the front line with bigs that can run, move without the ball, and are good passers why wouldn't you work inside/out? Make the defense guard every player and try to create a mismatch. Hey, how about a pick and roll more than twice a game? When the 3's aren't falling they struggle. Give Green credit, they played good defense and hit the shots they needed. I didn't see Woolbert in the box score, did he play?

Yes they did. They are ranked 10th. No players missing. No hangover, just a loss. Guess that AP ranking bothered you?

LOL yea I was up all night. It just makes no sense to rank a team above a team they lost to but it happens. Plus 3rd was obviously way too high given what we saw last night.

Jackson has 4 guys that shoot 40% or better from 3 and because of that they shoot way too many of them. I agree with JTown that they have run the same set plays forever. When you have good size across the front line with bigs that can run, move without the ball, and are good passers why wouldn't you work inside/out? Make the defense guard every player and try to create a mismatch. Hey, how about a pick and roll more than twice a game? When the 3's aren't falling they struggle. Give Green credit, they played good defense and hit the shots they needed. I didn't see Woolbert in the box score, did he play?
Yes, Woolbert played. I'm anxious to see some more of the excellent work he did on the low block earlier in the season.

LOL yea I was up all night. It just makes no sense to rank a team above a team they lost to but it happens. Plus 3rd was obviously way too high given what we saw last night.
You can debate if 3rd was too high but at the time the only loss was to Mck with some strong wins on the schedule. Mck was ranked where they were because of 2 losses to unranked Olentangy Liberty and a loss to Worthington. What we saw last night was a good Green team win a game at home. You can sleep now that Mck is 6th.... The good news for both teams is that it isn't like their losses were to a team like Massillon. ?

Spot on....early in the season they worked the pick and rolls at least a few times a game. It seems non existent now. Green did make things tough on them. They are a solid defensive team. Woolbert played but had some turnovers and wasn’t much of a factor. He didn’t play much at all I can remember in the second half.