2 no. 1's wrestling this saturday!

tilt tech

Walsh Jesuit is hosting a preview dual this saturday at 6 p.m. versus Erie Mcdowell (PA) with Ohio's No. 1 ranked 135 lber. Nate Skoniezcny wrestling the No. 1 ranked 135 lber. from Pennsylvania Steve Spearman. Great pre-season matchup!

Nice... This match could have happened @ Super 32, I believe. Skoniezcny lost in the semis to Neff, another PA boy, who lost to Spearman in the finals.

Spearman will definitely have the speed advantage in this match, but Skoniezcny being great on the mat will make it interesting.

Nice match-up. Very interesting. I'll be there. Is this preview considered a scrimmage or does it actually count towards wins and losses?

Nice match-up. Very interesting. I'll be there. Is this preview considered a scrimmage or does it actually count towards wins and losses?

It's neither, really. A team is allowed 1 preview per "pre-season" and it has to be in the format of 1-1-1 as far as the length of the periods. It doesn't count towards wins and losses.

It is good to see Uniontown Lake getting in on this preview. They have a good freshman class coming in with a few transfers and a good group of upper classmen. I think they will steadily improve over the coming years and though they may not be the caliber of a Walsh Jesuit this will make them better.