1st round games

X-Daddy

St. Xavier 19, Kings 3

Chad Carroll had a hat trick in the first quarter. In general, the Kings defense appeared to have never seen an inside roll before.

On to round two...

Indian Hill 17, Mason 3
And of course Moeller gets the bye.

So Thursday night will see:

Lakota West @ Moeller
St. Xavier @ Indian Hill

Indian Hill 17, Mason 3
And of course Moeller gets the bye.

So Thursday night will see:

Lakota West @ Moeller
St. Xavier @ Indian Hill

I'm pretty sure that the Moeller/West game has been moved to either Wednesday or Friday night because Moeller's commencement ceremony is Thursday night.

All the favorites rolled in the Columbus area...

St. Charles 11, Hilliard Davidson 1
HILLIARD DAVIDSON -- Goal: Dodd. Saves: Reynolds 18.
ST. CHARLES -- Goals: Taylor 4, Finneran, McKinley, Laing, E.Hudelson, Olding, Louderback, M.Scurria. Saves: B.Scurria 7, Quinn 2.
Halftime: 5-0. Records: HD n/a; SC 12-4.

Dublin Coffman 14, Westerville N. 6
WESTERVILLE NORTH-- Goals: Fuller, Hammons, Hathaway, Cowels, Williams, Fletcher. Saves: Shepherd 11.
DUBLIN COFFMAN -- Goals: Bowdy 9, Previt 2, Lucas, Baltzer, Eggert. Saves: Cupp 8, Organiscak 5.
Halftime: 12-1. Records: WN 7-9; DC 10-8.

Olentangy 12, Hilliard Darby 5
HILLIARD DARBY-- Goals: Liddil 3, Herr, Griffis. Saves: Bell 10.
OLENTANGY-- Goals: Bright 4, Hughes 3, Donatelli 2, A.Gutentag, Wallace, Elliott. Saves: Wilson 19.
Halftime: Olentangy, 3-2. Records: HD 2-15; OLEN 14-5.

Dublin Jerome 13, Olen. Liberty 5
OLENTANGY LIBERTY-- Goals: Wallace 3, Bruck, Steen. Saves: Vogel 23.
DUBLIN JEROME-- Goals: Moore 3, Marina 2, Matrka 2, S.Ruhl 2, E.Ruhl, Van Krevel, Burkhart, Henning. Saves: Horn 5.
Halftime: 6-2. Records: OLIB n/a; DJ 15-5.

Worthington Kilbourne 13, Westerville Central 4
WESTERVILLE CENTRAL -- Goals: Preisser 3, Schroeder. Saves: Benedict 22.
WORTHINGTON KLBOURNE -- Goals: Luckino 4, Wilfong 3, Beattie 2, Wright, Brown, Mack, Jiang. Saves: Bott 9, Morrisey 1.
Halftime: 7-2. Records: WC 8-8; WK 13-6

Thomas Worthington 12, Toledo St. John's 6
THOMAS WORTHINGTON-- Goals: Cleveland 5, Tarr 2, Gifford, Gonzalez, Mickey, Sharick, Mordoh. Saves: Baker 19, Ford 0.
ST. JOHNS -- Goals: Erdelyi 2, Siedel 2, Breen, Russell. Saves: Henson 9.
Halftime: Thomas Worthington, 6-4. Records: TW 11-8; TSJ 13-9.

Dublin Scioto 19, Westerville South 7

Thursday's semifinals--Thomas Worthington (5) at Upper Arlington (1); Dublin Coffman (3) at Olentangy (2); Dublin Jerome (4) at St. Charles (1); Dublin Scioto (3) at Worthington Kilbourne (2).

http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/co...007/05/23/high23_ART_05-23-07_C6_BE6Q2IL.html

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but i really dont see you winning. West just doesnt have the offense and moe is playing some really good lacrosse right now

As Expected...

:clap: OK so round 1 is over and went pretty much as expected (not just in R4 but throughout Ohio).

Congrats to West for taking care of Sycamore 3 times this season, that was the only ? going into this week. Hope IH and X aren't too puffed up by the stat padding that comes from playing perennial D1 powers Kings and Mason...

The IH/ St. X rematch Thurs night out to be a classic! IH has the momentum and the home field but St. X ought to have a chip on their shoulder. Expect lots of intensity. Unfortunately I see refs playing a role in this one with lots of EMO situations and expect St. X will pull this out to face rematch with Moeller on Saturday.

As for West... I think Moe takes care of them handily this time. Moe went up early and easily in the first meeting and then started subbing and allowed West to creep back. I expect they won't mess around and will make a statement heading into the regional finals.

Looking forward to some good lacrosse and the St. X/ Moeller rematch to decide who gets to square off against our pals at UA!

U Pick 'Em

:D Wow! Picked every winner through first 2 rounds of D1 playoffs... maybe next year it's time for lacrosse office pools!

Cograts to St. X for big win over IH last night to set up the expected rematch with Moe for R4 spot in the semis.

Also big wins for Coffman and Jerome who as expected are turning it on for the playoffs. Still expect the winner from UA vs. Moe will take Hudson in the finals.

The odds are against West in tonights titanic struggle but it sure would be sweet to screw up R4LAXFAN's perfect record!!!:p :p :p Good luck to both schools tonight!!!! It's been a great season.:clap: :clap:

The "statement" was made by West

R4LAXFAN OK so round 1 is over and went pretty much as expected (not just in R4 but throughout Ohio).

Congrats to West for taking care of Sycamore 3 times this season, that was the only ? going into this week. Hope IH and X aren't too puffed up by the stat padding that comes from playing perennial D1 powers Kings and Mason...

The IH/ St. X rematch Thurs night out to be a classic! IH has the momentum and the home field but St. X ought to have a chip on their shoulder. Expect lots of intensity. Unfortunately I see refs playing a role in this one with lots of EMO situations and expect St. X will pull this out to face rematch with Moeller on Saturday.

As for West... I think Moe takes care of them handily this time. Moe went up early and easily in the first meeting and then started subbing and allowed West to creep back. I expect they won't mess around and will make a statement heading into the regional finals.
Looking forward to some good lacrosse and the St. X/ Moeller rematch to decide who gets to square off against our pals at UA!
05-23-07 10:28 PM

West came to play, Moeller appeared to be looking past this game. Moeller will be lacking "legs" after the run West gave them tonight. Take it, St X!!!!!

:shrug: OK so we all get one wrong every now and then. At least I picked the winner correctly but had I bet the spread I think I'd be broke right now.

Got to agree with you that Moeller has a tough day ahead after tonight. Might be looking at my first wrong pick if Moe doesn't step up big against X on Saturday. It's never easy being the favorite... look at Rocky, US Olympic hockey team, the Dream team.

Of course, UA seems to be okay with it...