100,000 cases of coronavirus already in Ohio

Of course if Biden keeps letting hordes of migrants from south of the border, many who are infected with covid, into the US with no screening or quarantine then these numbers may start to tick back up. Hell, if I was paranoid I might think that an insane policy of letting these people in during a pandemic was designed to defeat the Texas reopening:

This is a great question. Any takers Happy?

Of course if Biden keeps letting hordes of migrants from south of the border, many who are infected with covid, into the US with no screening or quarantine then these numbers may start to tick back up. Hell, if I was paranoid I might think that an insane policy of letting these people in during a pandemic was designed to defeat the Texas reopening:

Looks like Biden doesn't understand how infectious disease works.

Or much of anything, really.

It is amazing how little ability you have to understand how infectious disease works.
Well, I spent 35 years in the clinical diagnostics industry. I spent more days in the micro/virology/immunology lab than I care to remember.

Many of my customers can run rings around people like Fauci based on their knowledge and experience.

Why don't you explain to us how viruses and vaccines work?

Tell us the last vaccines and test kits that were given widespread emergency approval by the FDA prior to COVID.

There are people going to the hospital....quit acting like a whiny toddler....get your vac and wear a mask for another month or two. Your ignorance impacts everyone.
A month or two? I remember when Dewine said 4-6 weeks...8 months ago. The CDC director is screeching about impending doom if people go back to living their lives, the left is screaming about the variant boogeyman. Numerous studies that it's safe for schools to be open yet they remain shuttered. Itll never be over as long as we allow it to continue.

Stop letting fear run your life. There will always be a virus, allowing the government to use it to justify controlling you means you'll never be free.

The case rate has fallen off a cliff compared to December-February. My county currently has the highest with only one other close at a little over 250 per 100k. Two months ago the highest was at over 800 per 100k with a few dozen in the 500s and 600s.

A rate of 250 per 100k 8-10 weeks ago would have been easily among the best in the state, especially since this county is much more urbanized than those that typically have the best rates.

The case rate has fallen off a cliff compared to December-February. My county currently has the highest with only one other close at a little over 250 per 100k. Two months ago the highest was at over 800 per 100k with a few dozen in the 500s and 600s.

A rate of 250 per 100k 8-10 weeks ago would have been easily among the best in the state, especially since this county is much more urbanized than those that typically have the best rates.
the Vax works...

the Vax works...

Increased vaccinations...and I'd have to agree with 1-2 others that have said this often, the rate of infection IMO was much higher than documented during the winter months due to how easily the virus seems to spread in close quarters.

Even with increasing variants this thing's petering out until it probably comes around again next winter and begins to become more seasonal like many other respiratory viruses.

Assuming a 70% threshold and at the current vaccination rates, it looks like Ohio is about 35-45 days away from herd immunity, give or take.

Assuming a 70% threshold and at the current vaccination rates, it looks like Ohio is about 35-45 days away from herd immunity, give or take.
as i said a couple of months....if people take vax...we have one group that seems to be resistant.

Holmes Co has a 7 day average of 1 case. I am not aware of any local or corporate business who is telling customers to put on masks if they enter without one. Most of the local businesses have "mask required" signs up, but do not enforce it. Some businesses have signs that say something to the effect of "Employees are not wearing masks - if that makes you uncomfortable, do not enter." Most locals are not wearing masks. Most tourists are. We average about 77K tourists per week. We should be a hot bed of infection, but, for whatever reason, we aren't. It's been several months since I have known someone who got infected.

I have been one of the least compliant people in the state. We never stopped having full family gatherings or attending church, funerals, weddings, etc. I did some extra sanitation at my office until it became clear that surfaces were not a likely vector of infection. I wore masks only when required to by a business. Probably the one thing I did comply with was keeping some distance from other people when I could. Despite my low compliance, I never got sick. I'm not sure what that means. Asymptomatic infection? Some kind of immunity? Luck?

I guess my point is that the governor and DOH's insistence on retaining control by mandate has crossed the line of absurdity in this locality. Very few are listening to what he says anyway and he is largely being ignored. The people here have deemed that it is time to go back to full normal and they are. The controllers would be wise to declare victory and turn this back over to county health departments, but it seems they are going to drag this out for as long as they can.

Holmes Co has a 7 day average of 1 case. I am not aware of any local or corporate business who is telling customers to put on masks if they enter without one. Most of the local businesses have "mask required" signs up, but do not enforce it. Some businesses have signs that say something to the effect of "Employees are not wearing masks - if that makes you uncomfortable, do not enter." Most locals are not wearing masks. Most tourists are. We average about 77K tourists per week. We should be a hot bed of infection, but, for whatever reason, we aren't. It's been several months since I have known someone who got infected.

I have been one of the least compliant people in the state. We never stopped having full family gatherings or attending church, funerals, weddings, etc. I did some extra sanitation at my office until it became clear that surfaces were not a likely vector of infection. I wore masks only when required to by a business. Probably the one thing I did comply with was keeping some distance from other people when I could. Despite my low compliance, I never got sick. I'm not sure what that means. Asymptomatic infection? Some kind of immunity? Luck?

I guess my point is that the governor and DOH's insistence on retaining control by mandate has crossed the line of absurdity in this locality. Very few are listening to what he says anyway and he is largely being ignored. The people here have deemed that it is time to go back to full normal and they are. The controllers would be wise to declare victory and turn this back over to county health departments, but it seems they are going to drag this out for as long as they can.
Government never likes ceding power. They will hold onto it as long as we let them.

Should it go to 2, mark my words.....

DeWine will be all over the "doubling" of the case rate in your county.
When I was trying to understand the county code map, I read about the, I think, 7 stat criteria that determine whether a county is yellow, orange, red, or purple. Most of the stats were understandable, but the one that caught my eye was "non-congregate case proportion". It sounded like a made-up stat and I believe it was created to keep the warning level higher. The stat represents the % of new cases that originate from non-congregate settings vs. congregate settings. The idea is that if 51% or more of your cases are coming from non-congregate settings, that represents a higher level of community spread than if people are getting it in gathering places.

But, for weeks Holmes met 6 of the criteria to be down-graded, but did not meet the non-congregate case proportion. I see two problems with this. One is that I suspect people lie about their activities so that they do not involve family and friends in contact tracing. The other is that if you only have 3 cases in a week and 2 of them say they haven't left their house, then that is a 67% non-congregate case proportion! It's an absurd stat when the number of cases is so low.

It's hard not to loath our dementia addled President. Beyond his faltering speech this clown is demanding that States put their mask mandates back in place while he lets tens of thousands of covid infected people cross the Southern Border into the US.

These fools rail about us gathering together at the holidays but say nothing about the BIGGEST super spreader event since the pandemic started. It's as if Biden and his useful idiot health department morons don't see a problem in the movement of thousands of infected people across the border. Nor do they seem all that bothered when these people are apparently spread out throughout the USA.

It's hard not to loath our dementia addled President. Beyond his faltering speech this clown is demanding that States put their mask mandates back in place while he lets tens of thousands of covid infected people cross the Southern Border into the US.

These fools rail about us gathering together at the holidays but say nothing about the BIGGEST super spreader event since the pandemic started. It's as if Biden and his useful idiot health department morons don't see a problem in the movement of thousands of infected people across the border. Nor do they seem all that bothered when these people are apparently spread out throughout the USA.

Well, he doesn't have to worry about Iron Mike. He is right with Biden's line of thinking!

Its easy to loath the left. The biggest fools are the ones who believe the government will willingly stop the madness. Still screaming about masks and impending doom? GTFO.

To your point that's before even taking into account the disastrous border policy. I heard SD is setting up in person teaching for the illegal children while the American children are forced to sit at home.

Its easy to loath the left. The biggest fools are the ones who believe the government will willingly stop the madness. Still screaming about masks and impending doom? GTFO.

To your point that's before even taking into account the disastrous border policy. I heard SD is setting up in person teaching for the illegal children while the American children are forced to sit at home.

That is true... people don’t even care anymore... teachers being used to teach illegals while citizens children sit at home. The experiment is over... it was a pretty good run.

According to our President....

There are more "doors available" and we risk "more desks" if he don't reinstate that mask mandates