#1 Chardon Hilltoppers vs #2 Dover Tornadoes D3 Region 9 Regional Final

Going to be a good game I think. Could very well be the 2 best teams in D3. I hope both teams play good and the refs are good and it's a nice night for football. Whichever team wins could win the state championship. Go Dover!

Where will this game be played @
It could really be anywhere as there are many good stadiums between the two schools. My top two would be Green or Canton Central Catholic. However, Green will be playing that night and I don't think CCC is bidding this year. As mentioned above, I could also see Lake, Ravenna, Stow, Hudson or Twinsburg easily being awarded this game.

Dover will be on the visitors side,I hope that whatever stadium is chosen will consider Dover had about 4,000 at Twinsburg. Lake would be fine,Green would not be big enough,in 2012 Dover had the visitor side but occupied about 30% of the home side at Green. Nordonia might work if they are hosting.

This is gonna be a great game. Unless one of the teams plays sloppy and bad I don't see either team winning by more than a TD. Go Dover! Beat Chardon!

In 98 it was at Kent State. It was packed. I think it was Coach Ifft’s 1st playoff game and Dovers first playoff trip since like 89, and it was a classic. Chardon won 20-14. Gonna be another classic.
Coach Hewitt's was Chardon's "dude" in that game. It was a great game. Coach Ifft is a great coach. As I've said many times, Region 9 is not for the faint of heart.

Coach Hewitt's was Chardon's "dude" in that game. It was a great game. Coach Ifft is a great coach. As I've said many times, Region 9 is not for the faint of heart.
Hewitt was a beast back in the day. I played against him my senior year when the PAC was formed. Getting hit by him was like getting hit by a Mack truck. He was an unbelievable player. I played with him as kid in the chardon peewee leagues. That 98 team was great! Until that hook and ladder play. That play was something.

I'm gonna guess Akron area? But Dover had to go way further than kenston so who knows. Maybe Dover can not go as far this time lol
Quit whining about distance. Chardon travelled Dover travelled. They both won. Only ones whining about distance are weak fans looking for an excuse. The teams are a little more mature and focused and will show up and play ANYWHERE!

Should have been Mr. football that year. Got hosed to a RB that ran for a state record 150 million miles against the biggest swiss cheese defenses a RB could ever hope to pad stats against. Defensive player of the year while rushing for 1500 yds and 15-20 TD's?

Hewitt was a beast back in the day. I played against him my senior year when the PAC was formed. Getting hit by him was like getting hit by a Mack truck. He was an unbelievable player. I played with him as kid in the chardon peewee leagues. That 98 team was great! Until that hook and ladder play. That play was something.
Best team in Chardon history in my opinion. But its close between 2 state champs and that runner up team. No way that team should have lost. But at the same time Ill go to my grave saying the 94 team would have beat national champ St. Ignatius

Best team in Chardon history in my opinion. But its close between 2 state champs and that runner up team. No way that team should have lost. But at the same time Ill go to my grave saying the 94 team would have beat national champ St. Ignatius
Man I remember Chardon vs Madison in 93. Madison was 10-0 and we played Chardon in Euclid. Final score was 17-14 Chardon in OT. That was a slobber knocker of a game. I can’t remember how far Chardon went that year but that 94 team in my opinion was probably the best. Doyle was one hell of a coach!!! But you’re right the 98 team should have never been runner ups. Glad Hewitt got his state title last year and hope it keeps going.

Dover will be on the visitors side,I hope that whatever stadium is chosen will consider Dover had about 4,000 at Twinsburg. Lake would be fine,Green would not be big enough,in 2012 Dover had the visitor side but occupied about 30% of the home side at Green. Nordonia might work if they are hosting.
I think the state finally figured this out. Folks were shocked when Wooster-Green (D2) was played at D4 Canal Fulton, but it turned out fine. They have to have been checking ticket sales.

Figure this is a D3 game bound for a D1 stadium. Might not make everyone happy about the travel time, but at least you'll have room!

Quit whining about distance. Chardon travelled Dover travelled. They both won. Only ones whining about distance are weak fans looking for an excuse. The teams are a little more mature and focused and will show up and play ANYWHERE!
Who is whining. Last night was a virtual home game for Kenston and Dover had 4,000 fans to Kenstons 1,500

My early thoughts on the Regional Championship ; 1 seed vs 2 seed and 2 undefeated teams.

I think it’s a 1 score game, maybe a 1 point game. Possibly a OverTime game.
I have no idea who will win but I obviously think it will be a close game, with the healthiest, most mentally disciplined team winning.

Winning Region 9 is a heck of a accomplishment this year. A lot of really solid teams and I think this game has legendary potential. Jmo

Crazy to think how close Dover came to losing to the #15 seed in the opening round and now here they are. It would be great for Tuscarawas County if the Tornadoes could keep it going.