‘01 Lakewood St. Edward (11-0) vs. Warren G. Harding (10-1)

20 years. My God. The greatest performance I've witnessed from an Ohio RB. Miss those days and those great playoff games against the Raiders.

this is when ohio and texas were cream of high school football crop....
pretty sure st. eds and harding were both nationally ranked at his point

I remember watching the film of this game and we were all shocked with how Clarett dismantled that Ed’s defense… We learned a lot from it though! Franzinger, Kerr, and Kasmarcik were ready for him the following week. Clarett didn’t shake our boys’ hands before or after the game if I remember right.

this is when ohio and texas were cream of high school football crop....
pretty sure st. eds and harding were both nationally ranked at his point

Looking at scores for the year, D1 games were in doubt 10-15 top teams. Even cross division with D2, close games. Not the 6 teams and everyone else of today. St I just got stronger and stronger through play-offs to take it.

I remember watching the film of this game and we were all shocked with how Clarett dismantled that Ed’s defense… We learned a lot from it though! Franzinger, Kerr, and Kasmarcik were ready for him the following week.

Clarett finished with 188 rushing yards & 1 TD & a 65-yard TD catch against Iggy, but he barely touched the ball in the second half. At one point, Harding had a 1st & goal inside the 10 and Clarett didn't touch the ball the rest of the drive, which ended with a Tony Gonzalez interception on 3rd down. Why that was the case remains a mystery in Warren to this day. It didn't help matters that fullback David Herron Jr. didn't play.

Us Harding fans always thought that we gave the '01 state championship away. You just can't make silly decisions against Iggy.