Search results

1. U

URSULINE & MOONEY PROJECTIONS/DISCUSSIONS 2024

My question is: Will we get to see a DC at QB this year?
  2. U

Youngstown area boys scores/schedules/discussion

Not exactly the result we were looking for at all. But i am very proud of the Irish this year, and really looking forward to what the future has in store for this program. I am definitely looking at them to be an early favorite for whatever region they end up in. Also, this was a great year...
  3. U

Division II Final 4

Congrats to the Knights, they were fantastic today. Good luck in the final.
  4. U

Division II Final 4

No. They start two freshman, one is a guard the other is a forward. The freshman off the bench is also a forward. The other two guards are junior point guard and Senior wing.
  5. U

Schools to make state finals in Basketball and Football in the same year

Benedictine won both in the 96-97 school year and added a track one for good measure.
  6. U

Division II Final 4

This is Ursuline's first final four appearance in 30 years and Keith Gunther's first appearance as a coach in his 21 years as the head coach. They've had some very, very good teams over that span that ran into even better SVSM and VASJ teams in the regional, and a few that have been upset...
  7. U

Who wins D2?

Final in Canton Ursuline: 60 Canfield: 35
  8. U

Division II - Canton Regional

And just like that, NFHS stream is not working for the Mooney game. YSN broadcasts get a lot of hate on here, but at least they are consistent. Plan on listening to the audio broadcast for the Ursuline/Canfield game, if you're not going.
  9. U

It will be on Nfhsnetwork.com, which is hit or miss. It was okay for the Ursuline-VASJ, but wouldn't come on for the Canfield game or JFK final for me. You just never know what kind of stream you're going to get.
  10. U

Who wins D2?

Ursuline was actually a heavy underdog going into the 2017 regional. They were supposed to return a ton of underclass talent that year, but a few kids transferred to Warren Harding and Spire. Kids stepped up and they made a nice run. You may be thinking of 2011, we played CCC that year, too. I...
  11. U

Seems like The Irish and The Vikings have a lot of similarities. Ursuline is very young, starting two Freshmen with another freshman and a sophomore in their rotation. Most of the time they do not give Freshmen and Sophomore energy, but in spurts you can see their youth (i.e. bad shots...
  12. U

Agreed. Mooney beat EL by about 15 and hasn't lost to a team not named Ursuline since Mid-December.
  13. U

NE Ohio Teams That Press

Mooney will play a 3/4 court press, especially if they play an opponent that likes to push the ball. Ursuline play a chaotic half court trapping defense and occasionally pick up full court. Both teams will make noise in the playoffs.
  14. U

Noah Bell is the other freshman starter. Miller is a sophomore.
  15. U

Ursuline down by 14-0 to SVSM to start the game. Ursuline comes back and takes a five point lead in the fourth, but loses it down the stretch. SVSM escapes with a 44-41 win. Both teams played excellent defense, but I feel like Ursuline let one get away, missing too many tough but make able lay...
  16. U

Very impressive. Seems like Hoban had all of their football guys, too.
  17. U

Family sues school over their son being cut from the basketball team

The administration put him back on the team, but the mom has not dropped the suit.
  18. U

Marion Local

Jim Vivo and he coached at Westerville North. He only stayed for one year and then moved back to the valley.
  19. U

Ursuline beat Devon Prep. 85-68. Gunther had 27. Devon Prep is a Philly area team, I think they won state a few years back in one of the middle divisions.