Search results

1. J

Moeller vs. Mason

Big matchup coming up on Saturday, April 20th at Prasco Park in Mason. Moeller (13-0) vs. Mason (13-1) Who are we expecting on the mound from both sides? This could be a preview to see who goes to state from SWOhio. And if you have never been to Prasco, you are in for a treat! Prasco is one...
  2. J

2024 Middletown Middies

What's the word in Middie land with a new coach in town? Kali Jones comes on as the new head coach from Withrow where he made a nice run with some really good talent. Middletown returns a handful of skill guys: Landers- QB (1139 yards, 12 TD) Chandler Shields- WR (7 receiving Tds) Malicote-...
  3. J

Drone at Bengals/Ravens game

Did anyone watch the Bengals/Ravens game last night? They had to stop the game twice because of a drone that was flying over the stadium. (Cue the Harbaugh jokes) Was it an NFL drone or just someone out in the parking lot messing with things? Interested to see what everyones take is...
  4. J

'23-'24 Basketball Reviews Thank You!

Big shout out to those involved in doing all of the basketball reviews. I say it every year, it is awesome to read them all and follow along throughout the year. I typically spend more time on the SWOhio teams, but it is awesome that you feature all schools across the entire state. Thank you...
  5. J

Middletown Middies looking for new coach

I saw on Instagram/Twitter/X that Middletown is looking for a new football coach. Coach Simpson informed the team of his resignation at the post-season awards banquet earlier this week. Not sure if Coach Simpson will finish out the year in his current position at Middletown High School or not...
  6. J

Monroe's Mullins Resigns

No official word yet from Monroe's AD or administration, but the head football coach at Monroe, Bob Mullins, has resigned. Moderators, take down this post if you need an official word. He had a meeting with players yesterday at school. Good luck to Coach Mullins. Does Monroe actively search...
  7. J

Hamilton Badin's Win Streak

Hamilton Badin is currently riding a 32-game regular season win streak. This is an impressive feat. Badin doesn't dodge opponents either, while playing D1, D2 and D3 teams. This year's seniors have never lost a regular season game. Great job to the Badin players and coaches. My point of this...
  8. J

Hamilton vs. Hamilton Badin

The battle of Hamilton! Big Blue vs. the Rams Public vs. Private D1 vs. D3 Rams come into this game with a 28-game regular season winning streak. This is a big deal in Hamilton. Not quite as big as West Side LL, but a big deal nonetheless. People will be coming out of the woodwork for this...
  9. J

All-City Cincinnati Baseball 2023

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/high-school/ohio-high-school/2023/06/15/ohsaa-baseball-swobca-all-city-baseball-teams-announced/70324967007/ I enjoy looking at these lists every year. I know there are some politics involved, but still some great players in the Cincinnati area that are...
  10. J

State Tournament Scheduling Question

SW Ohio is seeing a lot of rain today. With that being said, if and when they cancel games today, will they reschedule them for Wednesday? I only ask because that creates a situation where teams would play back-to-back days on Wednesday and Thursday(2nd round games already scheduled). What have...
  11. J

2023 Home Run Thread

This is a little late, but we can start it now. Post details of player's home run. Include pictures or videos if you have them. Name, School, Opponent team (not pitcher) how far (ish), details of the situation like walk off, etc....
  12. J

Middletown Basketball HC Opening

With Moss's departure from Middletown to Lakota West, who do the Middies hire? I'll throw out a few names. Again, just names I thought of. No idea if they would be interested or not. Fairchild- finalist when Moss got the job. Current JV coach in the Middletown program. Edwards- Bill Jr. is...
  13. J

Baseball Previews

I am not sure who is completing these, but thank you! Someone is spending some quality time on these. So, simply put, THANK YOU!
  14. J

SWBL Baseball 2023

The SWBL ended up as follows last year in the 2022 season: East: Bellbrook Franklin West: Eaton Carlisle I think Bellbrook and Eaton have a good chance of repeating in both divisions. Both have excellent pitching coming back with a good supporting cast. Franklin lost a ton. I don't expect a...
  15. J

GMC Baseball 2023

The GMC ended up as follows last year in the 2022 season: Mason Oak Hills Lakota East I think Mason brings back a lot of talent and a lot of arms. Fairfield has some good arms coming back and they were in the middle of the pack last year. College commitments according the GMC website include...
  16. J

Ohio Weather=Field Turf needed

With all of the rainouts this past week, it makes me think of a couple of things: 1. Field Turf Fields By eliminating the dirt maintenance on a baseball field, this allows you to get more games in because of the great weather in Ohio. For example, New Richmond (east of Cincinnati) has a...
  17. J

2022 Home Runs

Last year, someone posted a thread that kept getting updated throughout the season with players who hit home runs. I thought it was pretty cool. Let's try it again this year! I like the positivity for the kids! When posting: Post who hit it. Post the school he attends and part of the state...
  18. J

2022 Baseball Previews

Thank you to whoever is doing these baseball previews. Someone, or some people, are spending some quality time on these. I am personally a SW Ohio guy, but enjoy reading these about all of the different high schools across the state. Thanks!